• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Adamant Diamond & Celestial Pearl (Gen 4 Remake Idea)

ImNotAeroHero

Not A Drug Dealer
Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2021
    No idea what sub-forum this is supposed to go on, so I'll take a guess that it's here.

ITT, we discuss ideas for Generation 4 Remakes!

8S4R83n.png

Box Art made by me, I know it isn't Picasso, but it'll have to do.
    EDIT: The art for Dialga and Palkia was not made by me. I can't find the original pictures of them, since I found them on google images.
    Pokemon Temporal Diamond & Pokemon Celestial Pearl

My idea is that they would be on a slightly improved and modified XY/ORAS engine (kinda like the difference between DPPT and HGSS)

Here are some of my other ideas for planned features in this game:

- Hearthome city is heavily modernized and kinda futuristic, kind of like Mauville city in ORAS, except it isn't really THAT drastic. It still keeps it's original looks, except it looks more modern, and is on a larger scale (like all other towns.)

- When you get to Amity Square in Hearthome city, you unlock the option to have the 1st Pokemon in your party follow you. This is not restricted to "cute" pokemon, although cute pokemon are still the only pokemon that can go in Amity Square.

- Outfit customization, just like in X/Y

- Day & Night system, as well as a Seasons system!

- Upon defeating the Elite 4, the 3 legendary beasts from Johto will now roam Sinnoh, replacing the legendary birds from the original games.

- Manaphy, Shaymin, Darkrai, Cresselia, and all other event Pokemon are now obtainable in the regular storyline.

- You don't need an event to change Rotom's form.

- Other characters make appearances and assist you in the main storyline! I don't want to go too crazy on this, so I'm only going to add a few. Steven, Lyra, Professor Elm, and Lance.

- Upon purchase of the game, you get a free 6 months of Poke-Bank!

- Upon purchase of the game, you get a free digital copy of the original version of either Diamond or Pearl (depending on which version you buy) that can be downloaded on the 3DS eShop.

- Anti-Aliasing

- 4 Difficulties that are unlocked right from the start: Beginner, Normal, Seasoned, Veteran. This does not only boost the levels of Wild Pokemon and Trainers, but it also increases their AI Difficulty. It also increases the prices for any and all purchasable items.

- The dimensional portals that you stick your hand into in ORAS make a return! You can catch virtually every legendary that isn't obtainable in the normal story.

- All bottom screen apps in the previous games (Super Training, Pokemon-Amie, etc) are now separate Poketch apps. The Poketch is now used A LOT more, and is colored!

Poketch app improvements:
    The Pokemon Party App now shows the amount of health in addition to the health bar. For example, it'll show your health as 93/120 HP. The healthbar will be colored either green, orange, or red depending on the amount of health.
    The watch is no longer in military time anymore.
    You can now draw with color on the memo pad! Also, the memo pad never erases unless you manually erase it yourself.
    The friendship checker now DIRECTLY tells you your Pokemon's friendship level from 1-255.
    The dowsing machine is now automatic when activated with a simple ON/OFF button, and will actively beep louder and higher pitched, and will appear closer to the center the closer you get to the hidden item.
    The map that displays roaming legendary Pokemon now has their party icon, so that you can specifically identify which pokemon is in what route.
    [Venitardus's Idea]DexNev is a Poketch app. Upgrades to National Dex after you beat the game.

Well, that's all I could come up with for now. I'll try to think of some later.

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    This looks pretty decent. I would add that when you get the dex, the dex nav is obtained with it (as a poketch app). Whether it would be the regional or national, if there was, say, a standard version when you get the regional dex that only includes sinnohs dex, then get an upgrade when the national dex is obtained to include every other mon out there.

ImNotAeroHero

Not A Drug Dealer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2021
    This looks pretty decent. I would add that when you get the dex, the dex nav is obtained with it (as a poketch app). Whether it would be the regional or national, if there was, say, a standard version when you get the regional dex that only includes sinnohs dex, then get an upgrade when the national dex is obtained to include every other mon out there.

Good idea. I'll add it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • HM requirements should be botched. I get that it would be a remake and all, but it's really off putting to travel in Sinnoh because of all the HMs required to fully explore it, like Strength, Rock Smash, Defog (ugh), Rock Climb (ugh), and Surf. I'm pretty sure those are all needed in Mt. Coronet alone, but it's been a long time since I've played, so I could be wrong. If the effects of foggy areas could be changed to reflect that of dark areas that require Flash (ie. you can't see much of anything, but it doesn't affect accuracy), that would be nice. Never made sense to me that if you went through a dark area without Flash, you had no accuracy issues, but you do in fog, which is arguably easier to see through than straight up darkness.

Speaking of fog, traveling different terrains should be less tedious. I like that there are diverse areas like swamps and snowy mountains in Sinnoh, but they didn't need to add the realistic quality of them being a pain to get through. It just really drags the pace of the game down when I can't get to where I need to go and really makes me dislike otherwise great areas in the region.

That's all I can think of that hasn't been covered!

- Upon purchase of the game, you get a free 6 months of Poke-Bank!

- Upon purchase of the game, you get a free digital copy of the original version of either Diamond or Pearl (depending on which version you buy) that can be downloaded on the 3DS eShop.

One can only dream. ;( I don't see them doing that, even if that would really awesome, haha. I wouldn't want to play the slow originals if they remade these though, personally.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • While looking at these ideas for for the remakes for 4th gen, there are ideas that I like and don't like. one of the ideas I don't like is the watch app is not in military time anymore. I like that the watch app is in military time in the originals. A better option would be to be able to choose between doing military time and non military time for the watch app.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Despite this being a remake, I think it would be beneficial if it were to incorporate the more recent features of the franchise or even introduce some new ones. I say this because not only would it maintain a sense of flow within the series of Pokemon games but I think it will attract attention from us players because it will make the experience inevitably more enjoyable. It might be more nostalgic to retain some of the old features, but if those old features hinder the enjoyment of the game (only because we will naturally compare them to the more recent releases), then I think they should be removed and replaced with newer more refined additions. We also can't forget about new content as well.

It's also a good point to mention that this is what Heart Gold and Soul Silver did and look at their success. They are undoubtedly my favourite mainstream Pokemon Game (I'd go as far as to say that they are my favourite Pokemon Game in history).

All in all if these remakes introduce new features, refine old ones and add additional content to the storyline or the general environment and landscape, they could be big winners.

Years
  • Despite this being a remake, I think it would be beneficial if it were to incorporate the more recent features of the franchise or even introduce some new ones. I say this because not only would it maintain a sense of flow within the series of Pokemon games but I think it will attract attention from us players because it will make the experience inevitably more enjoyable. It might be more nostalgic to retain some of the old features, but if those old features hinder the enjoyment of the game (only because we will naturally compare them to the more recent releases), then I think they should be removed and replaced with newer more refined additions. We also can't forget about new content as well.

This I agree with, I feel like Platinum made Sinnoh as complete as it is but there's still room for improvement, and while most remakes keep a lot of nostalgic elements but as we saw with OR/AS they focused a bit too much on that along with trying to fit Mega Evolution in Hoenn's plot and that resulted in mixed reactions. What I want to see get considered here is the huge success of HG/SS where include some Platinum elements like its expanded Sinnoh Dex.

Also, new features are welcome as well in addition to all the updated mechanics, like OR/AS's DexNav. That was probably one of the best new features a remake brought so far so learn from that.

Years
  • Don't forget to join add avenue. Definitely a good feature. But I wouldn't pay to play it, so I wouldn't even bother selling unless it was made for 3ds. Even then, I'd retrograde it to work on DS emulator. Why include the original diamond and pearl, if they are readily found on the net?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm sorry if this is a dead thread, but a couple things came to my mind of what I would like to see in the hypothetical remakes of D/P.

- Give the Galactic Commanders(Mars, Jupiter, Saturn) Mega-Evolutions of their signature Pokémon. Especially Saturn's Toxicroak... it was pretty weak compared to Jupiter's Skunktank and Mars' Purugly. It would also be hilarious to give Cyrus a Mega-Evolved Pokémon, for obvious reasons.

- I would like to see them make a post-game "episode" featuring Giratina and the Distortion World, much like how the Delta Episode in ORAS incorporated elements from the original Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2016
    I made these Diamond & Pearl remake box arts for fun. Feedback would be appreciated :)
    Credits (I can't post links yet so I'll credit the artists:
    Original Dialga Image by Xous54
    Original Palkia Image by Nganlamsong
    Temporal Diamond and Spatial Pearl Logos by Pokejungle

Attachments

• Temporal Diamond Box.jpg
      Temporal Diamond Box.jpg
      104.3 KB · Views: 2
    • Spatial Pearl Box.jpg
      Spatial Pearl Box.jpg
      96.5 KB · Views: 2
    Back