• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Buddhist Mob Violence Kills Muslims, Destroys Homes

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    The problem with that quote is that it actually states in the Quran that the world will never be at peace until ALL governments and peoples convert. If they can't be persuaded, they are to be killed.

The Christian bible also carries a similar message, though it is worded differently. In this case it is stated simply: you have to believe in Jesus Christ as your savior or you will be condemned for all eternity to hell. Pretty strong language that ensures that a good majority of the world will never reach heaven according to Christians. Heaven to some Christians is like a private member's club, where strict membership rules are to be adhered to at all times.

As for Christian extremists, I don't believe there are any. Our God teaches to LOVE and befriend non-Christians, homosexuals (they can be Christians), etc. I don't think "Christians" who bomb abortion shelters are really Christians. It's possible because sin happens and we have a sin nature, but I really don't think a true God-fearing person would do such a thing.

There have been many acts in the name of Christianity resulting in mass murders, rape, and slavery in its centuries of history. Any act of violence perpetrated on another in the name of a particular religion would be considered extreme. One only needs to look up Christian Extremists to find literally hundreds of stories of so-called Christians committing acts of violence in the name of their God.

And to address the quote: we have free will. Would you rather not?

Yes, I am in favour of free will, but free will tempered by society to ensure the health and wellbeing of said society. (laws against murder, rape, theft, etc.). I say, follow one simple rule: do as you will but harm none.

Years
  • Jesus is God. They are one. There has to be a punishment when there is a wrong. If God didn't do this, we couldn't have a relationship with God. We couldn't go to Heaven. Jesus wanted to do this.

But that doesn't answer my question why he doesn't just not punish. They weren't even all wrongs. Some are to punish victims. And how can jesus and god be the same person if one is the son and one is the dad? that doesn't make any sense.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Personally, I believe that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and views on life and can live out any religion that they want and live in peace together as friends, family, or as a unified nation. However, there are people that believe other religions are bad and should be taken away from their country. (Mainly thinking of the US and views on Muslims.) Whenever I think of extremists and how "bad" other religions are this video gives me a point of view I hadn't necessarily thought about before. I think you all should watch it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbr1pjbd3Tg

Years
  • I think you're committing a logical fallacy here - you have mixed up cause and effect. There are extremist groups (skinheads, etc.) that do not subscribe to a religious ideology. It is people that commit these actions, not the religion, and if they didn't have religion they would cling to something else.

uoneko

space princess
    Years
  • radicals exist within every religion. whether it be muslims, christians, catholics, mormons, hindus, buddhists, etc. the bigger a religion grows, the more people it gains, and so the likelihood of people who commit such foul acts of inhumanity who join a religion increases. i'm very doubtful a religion will be able to grow without having such extremists within it, but the most people can do about it is attempt as best as possible to educate people about the meaning of peace and positive ideas through the religion they are faithful to, and help those who are victims in these kinds of situations as best as possible.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Anyways, I just find this whole thing pretty shocking. I thought Buddhists were supposed to support peace and harmony? Looks like they're doing a poor job. That could be said for any extremist religious zealot though.

As a Buddhist hearing about this event saddens me to know that someone dedicated deeply to this religion as much as a monk can be turned to violence to resolve an issue and turn an entire mob against a group of people is honestly very shocking! Although it is true that many religions base themselves on some level of peace and harmony a lot of people within those religions are very bad at keeping the promise of peace and harmony, so it makes sense that someone could resort to violence in order to accomplish what they think is right, when in reality they dont need to resort to violence in order to resolve whatever issue they have.

Last edited:
    Back