• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manga, is it worth checking out?

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2015
    Hi, I've been into Pokémon longer than I can count, but I've never gotten into the manga. Is it worth it? And if yes: at wich one should I start? (I hope this is the right place to ask that question. I'm new to this forum)

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    I've only read Pokemon Adventures this past year and I think it's worth reading. It's based on the story line from the games and has some new and unique takes on the characters and story. When you first start to read it, it can seem a bit weird and unrealistic for the pokemon world (People you wouldn't expect being part of an evil organization, more gruesome battling, untold backstories, stuff like that). I think the coolest thing about the story though is how they interweave the stories of different games and characters.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I couldn't agree more with Embernight. The Pokémon Adventures manga is superb, its story makes the games shine in a new light and the anime has got NOTHING in comparison. Also, the characters age :D

I love the first sagas the most, R/B, Yellow, G/S/C and R/S. FR/LG and Emerald could also be counted into the first era of Pokémon Adventures since it follows the same characters as the previous ones but I didn't like them as much haha. Then there's at least one saga for each new game made.

Back