• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] derozio's homecoming.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • derozio's gallery

Uh, hello. I do graphics. And I draw. I got a picture scanned. I wanted to show it off so I'm opening a new gallery/shop (yes, I'm taking requests. Both icon requests and tag requests). Old gallery is better off dead lol. It can be found here.

Here it is:
    Spoiler:

I have other works too. Trad art captured from a bad quality mobile camera. But I'll post them here anyway. :)

Before that, a few things I'd like to state:

♦ Been doing graphics for the past 4 years.
    ♦ Critique is appreciated. Be harsh, no problemo.
    ♦ Community & A&D Rules apply, of course.
    ♦ Do NOT rip. Notify me if you see anyone doing it.
    ♦ Do ask me in this thread if you wish to use anything. I won't say no. :)
    ♦ Try not to post stocks/renders where the original site/artist explicitly states they're not to be used without permission.

Traditional Art

Spoiler:

Graphics

Only going to post newer works here. To see my older stuff, check out the link at the top.

Spoiler:

Completed requests

Spoiler:

I plan to post graphics and more art here soon. Hope you liked my stuff. :) Even if you didn't, feel free to post critique. I'd like to believe I can take harsh criticism as well. So don't hold back.

Last edited:

derozio

Years
  • Updated first post. This is now a shop. Added a few examples. I take both icon as well as tag requests this time. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I like your traditional drawings (especially your first one), but what impresses me is that tag you made. Do you have any more examples of recent tags?

derozio

Years
  • Recent tags? lol nope. I just got home yesterday. I do have older works though and those are in the gallery I linked at the top. :p But yeah, I did make a crappy tag today. No c4d/brush/texture usage here. I think this is entirely a stock-based tag. I used stocks as effects. So even though the result isn't quite satisfactory, it is still quite different from what I usually do and I'm glad I attempted it. The lighting's messed up, I know, and there are other faults with it as well. Anyway, here it is:

I9WnBmJ.png

I'll keep the first post updated as I make more stuff.

Crystal Glaceon

Devious
    Years
  • Your Yoko tag is really nice, I like how nothing takes away from the boobs her. It's nice to see another colored background besides another tone of red when people use her for a piece.
    I really am looking forward to seeing what else you sketch up as well! The supermodel looks like she should be in YGO with the way her eye style is. Really good proportions with the females!

If you don't mind, I'd like to request
    Link to Render/Image you'd like to be made an icon/tag of (HQ pls): http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tyrhm84O9bs/UJARNZ-m6ZI/AAAAAAAARxI/o0EmMm1iDiA/s1600/ncDemonGaze_05.jpg
    › Preferred size: 130×130 for the icon, whatever you'd like for the tag is okay with me
    › Text: none

Years
  • Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    AHHHH dero!! It's been awhile since I got to see your lovely works!
    Your traditional art is improving a lot! The supermodel turned out pretty well I think-- the only thing is that your bodies are still a little squished, like I mentioned the last time I critiqued. Don't be afraid to elongate your bodies a little more, even if it means cutting off parts that you want to draw like legs or something like that!

Also your new graphics look wonderful as well! I'm not sure I like the color adjustments on the Yoko tag-- the whites are a little too muddy and the contrast isn't very appealing in my opinion, but the composition and effects are lovely. The opposite is true of the Tsukuyo tag, in which I think your renders weren't blended very well with the focal, but the colors are pretty good!

Either way, great to see you back in action!

derozio

Years
  • @Loki - yaaaaaaay sooo glad to see you comment!! :DDD And yeah, I agree with everything you say. Both about my artwork and the tags. Though I'll be honest - I did fight off my tendency to draw squished stuff a bit this time, lol. I know I couldn't be 100% successful (hence your comment!) but I will definitely keep that in mind for my future works! :DD And I know about both the tags, yeah, that's true. I wasn't satisfied with any of them, honestly. But after being away from graphics for more or less a year, I think I need some time to make something decent again lol. But for the time being I'm sticking to the Tsukuyo tag since I don't have anything new and better lol

@Henshin! - Here's your stuff. I hope you like them! Notify me if you want to make any changes. :D Also, thanks for the comment on my work. :D And I've never really seen YGO, haha. Does she really look like those characters? What little artwork of YGO I saw I liked a lot so I'm actually pretty glad about hearing my work kinda falls into the YGO's style haha. :p Also yeah, most people tend to go monotone over Yoko stuff. :3

K1TQRUn.png
    qLQ5ZU6.png
    Dlf7HZ3.png

tPHCnr7.png

@Goketsu - Sure thing! Thanks for the words of encouragement, I'll get to your request in a while. :)

Update

Please check the first post. Posted a bunch of rules and stuff that's essential for a shop. Added slots. Three slots empty right now.

Last edited:

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Your graphics are fab. The coloring is vivid, but it doesn't take away from the piece you work with which is great.
    As for your traditional pieces, it's good to see proportioned figures! Your ladies aren't all bazongas then a super tiny head and such! One thing, hands. Your super model had a decent pair, and I know they're not a favorite for anyone, but I look forward to seeing what else is in store for your gallery.

•Link to Render/Image you'd like to be made an icon/tag of (HQ pls): http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/21/1369238583-1.jpg
    •Preferred size: 130×130
    •Text: none
    Thank you kindly~

derozio

Years
  • You're welcome, Henshin! Glad you liked them. :D

@Twisted Cuteness - yeah, I know. I'm no pro at hands, unfortunately haha. And I'm glad you think my proportions look alright. I'm not the best at them and most of the times things look very iffy haha. But glad to hear that, like I said! :D And I'll get to your request in a few hours. :) Also, allow me to say that the picture linked by you is a lovely image. I love it! <3 The woman is so beautiful. :DDD

@Silver Soul of Jhoto - *_* wow, so pretty. <333 I'm myself looking forward to working on your request haha. XD;

Oh, and Goketsu, here's your request. Hope you like it! Notify me if you wish to make any changes! :D

NIEAhr0.png

m0N7Zm8.png

Tag was a challenge, honestly speaking XD; I've never worked with that kind of render. I could've done better, I suppose, but I'm too sleepy right now haha. So pardon me if it ain't up to mark. =p

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I've always adored your work, Derozio. For years, in fact.
    Everything you make is so colorful, has tasteful text placement, flow... it's all great.

But hey since you permit critique, I hope you don't mind me going at it real quick!

All of these works have something in common to me that ends up throwing me off quite a good deal. I'm not sure what it is, but these three have a lot of artifacts going on around and within the render, and partially around the text. Being that it seems you work with HQ renders judging by the request description, the only thing I can think of that would cause this is over-sharpening.

Over-sharpening also causes the parts you sharpen to highlight as well, since it's increasing the intensity of the pixels within. These traits all seem to be present here with a few exceptions to the last tag. Yoko's case in particular I see all of this going on and it can be really distracting.

It looks as though you tried to fix the over-sharpening by blurring, and it ended up creating a distracting effect to the top two tags.

Should you ever find that a signature's render or something else within the tag is/are not standing out enough, I recommend turning down the intensity of your sharpening tool and just tapping at the spots in the signature you want to change. It'll make the sharpening more gradual and help you see what looks better with the undo and redo buttons.

That's my only recommendation. Other than that, I love your usage of colors and the way you do your text makes me envious.

Years
  • Oh, and Goketsu, here's your request. Hope you like it! Notify me if you wish to make any changes! :D

NIEAhr0.png

m0N7Zm8.png

Tag was a challenge, honestly speaking XD; I've never worked with that kind of render. I could've done better, I suppose, but I'm too sleepy right now haha. So pardon me if it ain't up to mark. =p

Thank you so much!!! I love it :D

Last edited:

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
  • I have a request, it might be stupid but I hope you can honestly help. Haha. I'd like both renders in the same piece, if you could. I'm sorry they're both rather small images, but literally, the girl didn't have many renders that where appropriate...

Image: One Two
    Preferred Size: 150 × 150 for the avatar. For the signature, anything is fine
    Text: Lightning Strikes Twice

please and thank you very much

derozio

Years
  • @Mario - First off, thanks for the comment! I love critique. So please never hesitate to throw 'em at me. <3; And I see. But I don't really manually sharpen my stuff. Like, at all. Only in a few instances do I do it. Though, for some reason, even I have noticed photoshop automatically sharpening up the whole piece a bit as soon as I save it. The finished -saved- product almost looks a notch sharper than the one I work with. In order to deal with that, I sometimes blur stuff (although most of the time I blur things to create depth). But in these cases? In Yoko tag, are you referring to the effects near the text? And what about in the case of the second tag? Is it the render herself or what? Can you be a little specific as to which area you're referring to in the tags? Because honestly speaking, I'm not really seeing over-sharpening anywhere. ;____; OR IS IT MY MONITOR?!

ALSO THANK YOU JO I LOVE YOU TOO <33 I'm definitely reporting your post

@Goketsu - Glad you like them, mate! <3;

@Hyper Voice - You've been added to the queue. I'll work on them shortly. :)

Oh, and Twisted Cuteness, here's your request -

5t5CpIH.png
    OFrpcWE.png

NaBzJRv.png
    YAXiJ7O.png

orugNbW.png
    LrXQ7Ei.png

I didn't make a tag because you didn't tell me if you'd want one. Though notify me if you do. I'll get to it too. :D Hope you like this, though! :3

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    @Mario - First off, thanks for the comment! I love critique. So please never hesitate to throw 'em at me. <3; And I see. But I don't really manually sharpen my stuff. Like, at all. Only in a few instances do I do it. Though, for some reason, even I have noticed photoshop automatically sharpening up the whole piece a bit as soon as I save it. The finished -saved- product almost looks a notch sharper than the one I work with. In order to deal with that, I sometimes blur stuff (although most of the time I blur things to create depth). But in these cases? In Yoko tag, are you referring to the effects near the text? And what about in the case of the second tag? Is it the render herself or what? Can you be a little specific as to which area you're referring to in the tags? Because honestly speaking, I'm not really seeing over-sharpening anywhere. ;____; OR IS IT MY MONITOR?!

Oh! Yes, I was referring to the Yoko render itself in specific.

Here I'll circle the areas I'm talking about in more detail just in case. ;v;

Spoiler:

See the little grainy textures? Those are what I mean by artifacts. They occur for a variety of reasons, such as over-sharpening like I mentioned! But since you said that you don't utilize sharpening much, it's possible there's another effect involved that's causing it. Like perhaps over-brightening, the use of filters, other things like that. It mostly happened in this tag though, so I guess it doesn't matter too much. Artifacts can be distracting and really take away from an otherwise wonderful tag, so I really wanted to point it out for future reference. But I don't think we're gonna pin point any causes anytime soon. OTL;

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    They're absolutely gorgeous! !~ thank you thank you! The icons I'll use in my signature as opposed to a tag so you don't have to be bothered. These already look so good!

Back