• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] "N" Name Meaning

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    Note* This is a theorie that was told to me by a personal friend,so if it has already been stated then i apologize.

The theorie he told me was that N from Black and White name means Nuzlocke,since everytime you battle him he has a new team because you defeated his old team. While this could be just because Gamefreak wanted him to be different from the others and so you could never devise a strategy for him, It's not far from saying this couldav been referencing the popular Nuzlocke challenge.

Years
  • N's full name is Natural Harmonia Gropius, so I'd probably just want to go by N, too. Though, the idea that N standing for Nuzlocke is an interesting one, but I think it's more so a coincidence than anything.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Unfortunately, your friend's ''theorie'' is false. Like Brendino already mentioned, N is short for whateverthe♥♥♥♥hisnameis. I'd rather call him N.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • N's full name is Natural Harmonia Gropius, so I'd probably just want to go by N, too. Though, the idea that N standing for Nuzlocke is an interesting one, but I think it's more so a coincidence than anything.

Wow.

I had no idea, that was actually his name.

Yeah, hah - stick him with N - and myself were I in his shoes. "Gropius" Has to be the worst part.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years

So Ghetsis's full name is Ghetsis Gropius. Ew. Sounds like a bad disease or some ugly scientific name for a daranged rodent.

Years
  • So Ghetsis's full name is Ghetsis Gropius. Ew. Sounds like a bad disease or some ugly scientific name for a daranged rodent.
    Ghetsis' last name is actually Harmonia. I don't think it's ever explained where the Gropius part of N's name came from, though Ghetsis may have just given it to him so outsiders wouldn't think they were related.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Ghetsis' last name is actually Harmonia. I don't think it's ever explained where the Gropius part of N's name came from, though Ghetsis may have just given it to him so outsiders wouldn't think they were related.

Probably because N was adopted and he was hell-bent on world domination, and didn't want it to get in the way.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is N's real name mentioned in-game?
    I think that the fact that he shares the name "Harmonia" with Ghetsis is mentioned in the games, but I don't remember anything being mentioned about the Natural or Gropius part.

It has been a while since I've played Black/White though, and I don't remember everything that he says to you in Black2/White2, so.....

It's also possible that his name is confirmed as Natural Harmonia Gropius through non-game sources, like the mangas or something. IDK.

Years
  • N's full name was never revealed in any of the games (at least, none of the English versions), but it was revealed by Junichi Masuda shortly after the release of B/W 2, along with some other info about Team Plasma and the Unova region.

Reactions: Nah

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    I'm not too sure if that is enough to reference the nuzlocke challenge I mean the nuzlocke challenge is just a set of rules for a more difficult Pokemon gameplay and there are optional rules in a nuzlocke to limit the numbers of pokeballs. So changing his team a lot doesn't really reference nuzlocke a lot in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2015
    I don't really think there's enough evidence to support this theory... I mean, sure, it makes sense, but there's really nothing beyond that..

Back