• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Least favourite 4th gen Pokemon?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
  • I honestly liked a lot of the lines in gen V though. Pidove, Rufflet, Vullaby, Golett, Oshawott, Snivy, Drillbur, Venipede, Sandile, Scraggy, Yamask, Sigilyph, Archen, Zorua, Ducklett, Deerling, Joltik, Litwick, Axew, Pawinard, Deino were all really cool lines. I also liked Herdier, Titourga, Keldeo, Reshiram, Colbalion, Virizon, Eelektross too. Some designs were crap but most of gen V was neutral-positive for me.

Yes but some were just plain bad although some i love and use many in competitive battling i think the others game freak needed to take a little more time to do them i like the ones from xy because of that also i dont really like spiritomb it was a pain trying to get it and its not even that powerful and it has weaknesses now so its really not that great

Typhlosionn

Blazing Fury
    Years
  • Purugly. That thing sure is ugly. I always hated it's design and I never had it on my team too.

And, Probopass. Its not a good of a Pokemon, and has the worst design. Ever.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • Hmm?? What?? Favorite 4th gen pokemon??
    haha~ why you didn't say so? Here, i list it...
    turtwig, chimchar, piplup, shelldon, aron, staraptor, all eeves evolution and my most favorite is gliscor!!

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • My least favourite Gen IV Pokémon has got to be Weavile. Sneasel looked alright, but Weavile... ugh.
    I don't know why, I always want to get rid of that damn thing fast when I see it.

Kinda helps in fighting Cyrus, you can say.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • My least favoruite Pokemon would have to be Bibarel.

While Bidoof is absolutely adorable, they really lost their mind with its evolution. For starters, it has a horrible design and bears little resemblance to the beaver or they just did a bad job with it. On top of that, it has horrible stats and has no logic in quite a few of the moves he can learn. How does Bibarel learn surf? Strength and Rock Smash is acceptable, but Waterfall is just pushing it. Really bad job with it in general.

Indeed, the sprite/the visual appareance doesn't give him a relevant look to be able to surf/do waterfall! It lacks creativity and Bibarel is almost unusable in fights. Couldn't describe it better, vouch for this guy!

Aoba

yelp
    Years
    • Age 30
    • /vp/
    • Seen Jun 30, 2015
    I try to not dislike any Pokemon but seriously, I hate Bidoof and Bibarel. They're ugly, stupid and freaking everywhere in the early game, especially Bidoof. It's so stupid and it has... Balls on its chin. They're just pointless Pokemon I wouldn't use for anything else than HM slaving.

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • Lickilicky. It's the worst,ugliest,most unnecessary of the new evolutions gen 4 introduced. Probopass is a close second as it isn't much better in those regards.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Lumineon. This Pokémon screams filler, has average stats, a boring design and is too forgettable. This Pokémon along with Finneon should've been replaced with something more recognisable.

Also, Arceus. This Pokémon has teared apart a lot of the continuity.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I hate Regigigas as much as the next guy, but I do have to take exception to one part of the opening post and that is the bit where you say you need two DSs to get the Regis onto Platinum. It's sort of a bug bear of mine whenever people say you need two gameboys or two DSs or whatever to get all the pokemon and that the pokemon franchise encourages people to get two systems and buy both versions in a pair. You only need one friend and you could easily transfer your pokemon from D/P to Platinum. You don't even need that friend to be local as you could trade over the net too. I get that it was a little bit of a pain as transferring pokemon from 3rd gen over to D/P was made easy with the Pal park, but there wasn't much Gamefreak could really do to make it easier once the later DS released came through.

Also that raises another possibility which is catching the Regis in RSE and transferring them to Platinum through the Pal Park.

As for my least favourite Sinnoh Pokemon, it's funny because I actually think that 4th gen introduced the best crop of pokemon of any generation, and the Sinnoh games especially have the best pokemon as they've included the best of the previous gens along with what was added. But there is one 4th gen pokemon I just can't stand, and that is Skuntank. I get a shiver up my spine just thinking about it. I have never and will never have a Skuntank on my team and thankfully there is really no need to as it's not very good.

pkmin3033

Lucario. Since the thing has been released its been repeatedly thrown into the limelight again and again, with its own (awful) movie, repeated anime appearances, and then a mega evolution. The worst part of it is that it's actually really useful in competitive play as well. It's got a horribly ugly design and it's one of the few Pokemon I can honestly say that I absolutely loathe.

I loved the fourth gen overall, but Lucario...ugh. There's always an exception to the rule, and Lucario is mine.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I actually really like(d) Gen.4 :) I don't know what it is exactly, but somehow the game still appeals to me a lot each time I play (or want to play) it.

However, there are still some Pokemon in Gen.4 that I don't like or are not necessary in my opinion, mostly the "additional evolution Pokemon", 9/10 they spoiled my feelings and ideas to their previous evolutions and are just overdone:
    1. Probopass - Definitely one of the Pokemon I really dislike (at all times) because of how it looks (mustache - why?!)
    2. Magnezone - Yeah, just looks weird, I don't like the ufo-look and I think the Magnemite line was done with just Magneton, nothing more
    3. Lickylicky - Seriously, looks so weird imo, it should just have been Lickitung alone, no evolution
    4. Tangrowth - Again, kinda same story as Lickylicky, why did Tangela need an evolution?
    5. Rhyperior - I'm a huge fan of Rhyhorn/Rhydon but Rhyperior spoiled everything (no offense), it's just... overdone imo

Years
  • Chimchar is also probably the least favorite starter pokemon of all time for me. Another would have to be Rhyperior, it looks way too drastic from its previous stages. I know evolution is suppose to make them look different from its previous form but this is way too different.

Years
  • I agree with quite a few people here when I say that Rhyperior was overdone. I like Rhyhorn/Rhydon but Rhyperior just looks.... off. Like they were trying to hard. The only Evolutions from that weird set (Probopass, Electrivire, Magmortar, etc.) is Magnezone ( but I do prefer the look of Magneton better) and Weavile.

Grotesque

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2014
    Arceus and Regigigas

Arceus is overrated and Regigigas has a terrible ability which makes him hard to use.

Back