• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Ember's Story

Years
  • Yes, I know I can't write to save my life. That's why I've never come to this community. But I had nothing to do one day, so I wrote this.

Ember's Story

I woke up, snuggled in my bed, my mother and brothers and my sister around me. I was just a pup at the time, a newly hatched baby Houndour, as were my siblings, Blaze, Flicker, and my only sister, Flame. I was still too young to know exactly what was going on, but I wasn't too young to go on an adventure. I opened my tiny eyes for the first time and everything slowly came into view. We were in a very small room: no one else was in it, just mother and us pups.
    Suddenly, I heard a noise, a creak of some sort. After that, light poured into the room and a human came in.
    "Ah, so #781, #782, #783, and #784 have hatched."
    I tipped my head to the side, confused. Who was he talking about? I figured it must have been us as there was no one else in the room. Suddenly, the mysterious human, dressed in a dark blue, almost black, picked me up. I thrashed around and that was the first time I saw my mother. I looked at her, a fully grown Houndoom, looking as fierce as Entei, and though I was panicking I somehow had time to think 'will I really grow up to be as big and strong as her?' Little did I know it was also the last time I would see her.
    The human took me to a large building, much larger than the room I had been hatched in. I was carried to a man with much nicer clothes than the one that had carried me here.
    "I looked in on our test subject, #780, and her eggs hatched." He held me up for the other human to see. "This one seems to look the strongest. I believe that we have successfully bred what we wanted, and she should be tested." After that was said, for a few seconds there was silence. He took something out of his pocket and slipped it around my neck.
    "Very well." The other man said. He had a deeper voice than I had expected. "Bring out #294"
    "Y-yes sir," the man raced over to a shelf and took a pokeball. "Go! Rhyperior!" He shouted while throwing it. I watched in fascination as a huge rock type pokemon with a long tail and one horn emerged and let loose an ear-splitting roar.
    The man who by then I determined was the leader judging by the respect the man who had brought me here treated him with, kicked me, saying "well, go on, fight."
    I stared at the mass of rock I was up against. I didn't know any attacks, so I did the only thing I knew how to do: growl. I growled and growled at the Rhyperior while the two men looked at me, confused. The Rhyperior used Mega Punch and I was knocked against the wall.
    "She's useless!" the leader hissed, "Take her away."
    A third man came and picked me up, then started walking away, toward a mountain peak in the distance. As we walked I heard the leader screaming awful things at the first man. Eventually we were out of earshot. I shivered. My fur stood on end, and I realized it was getting colder, much colder. Then the strangest thing happened, white flakes of ice fell out of the sky! I was so entranced that I barely noticed when the human dropped me in this cold powder. By the time I shook the snow off, the human was gone and all I could see was white.
    I was cold, so cold, I wanted mother's warmth, the fur of my siblings pressed up against me. Because they were nowhere to be seen, I went looking. I wandered that mountainside for hours, getting, colder, hungrier, and tired. The whole time I was yelling "Mommy? Mommy, where are you? I can't see you, please come back." Until I grew too tired to do that, I wearily kept walking until I collapsed. It was then that I heard paw steps and felt the warmth of another pokemon near me. "Mommy?" I whispered. The other pokemon who I found was not mother, but it picked me up by the back of my neck. I can't remember how far we went, but I soon felt warmth again.
    The pokemon dropped me and I finally opened my eyes. I was surrounded by a pack of Mightyena. They stared at me and a few of the younger ones, still being Poochyena came to get a closer look. One of the largest ones stepped up "What is this? A baby Houndour? Why have you brought this burden here, Gale?"
    The Mightyena who brought me here stepped up. He was male, smaller than the one in front of me, but formidable looking.
    "There was a blizzard on the mountainside; she would have died had I not brought her. I realize that the pack is facing hard times, but if you let her stay, she will be my sole responsibility."
    The large Mightyena nodded, "good, mercy is a good thing to have, but there is always a price paid."
    Gale raced off to bring me berries. My hunger was so great, it felt like my stomach was being eaten. A couple of the pups that had looked at me before came back. They sniffed me and looked at me curiously before one of them finally said:
    "Hello! I'm Night! This is Star and Storm!" He said gesturing at two other Poochyena. "What's your name?"
    "Ember," I said nervously. I would have replied with more confidence but it's not every day a pup is separated from her family.
    Gale came with the berries not long after and shooed the pups away. As I was eating Gale was looking at me. His eyes stopped and stared right around my neck. "Ember, what is that thing around your neck?"
    "What?" I looked down and saw a small stone hanging around my neck. It seemed to glow in the center, and I felt that it had immense power. Then I remembered: "that man," I said, "he put something around my neck. I didn't know what it was, and I still don't now, but it feels… important." I finished. Gale was silent after that, he never actually responded. But since that day I had been living with the Mightyena, growing stronger. I've told them my entire story and they agreed to take the best care of me they could.
    Now skip forward seven months. Night, Star, and Storm came to be my best friends. Night was male, a sassy but kind companion who never stopped joking around. Star was shy, but would stop at nothing to defend the pokemon she loved. Storm was named well, his temper was always changing like the weather, one moment he would be happy, the next he would be screaming vengeance. Though their personalities were so different, they were all my friends. I began to think of them even as my family. Gale was my like my father (though I never knew mine in the first place) and my three friends were my dear lost siblings.
    I had gotten much more adventurous and one day I went into the forest, walking toward the mountain where so many memories lie. Just then, I heard something. I walked toward it, and it sounded like a big clumsy pokemon crashing through the deep snow. I tried to locate where it was coming from, but the creature did it for me.
    "There it is!" I turned around as quickly as I could to see the same human, the one that took me away from my family what seemed now like a lifetime ago, however foggy the memories may be. "Get it, it has the mega stone!" When those words were spoken, more humans, so many more came out with nets and started chasing me. I ran. I ran like I had never run before, back to my adopted family. They heard me long before I got there and before I knew it a pack of Mightyena were fighting fiercely, using moves I had never seen.
    "It's not worth it!" I heard one human shout. "We didn't get the stone, but we will come back, mark my words!" After that, they ran away.
    I was shaking from fear and shock when Gale came up to me, "are you hurt?" he asked. I shook my head.
    "I'm glad everyone's okay. I was afraid that someone was going to get hurt. Now they know where we are though, won't they come back?"
    "Hopefully not, we can't be sure, but we also can't move quite yet, Moon's egg is about to hatch! Don't worry about it, just get some sleep." He looked around, "Everyone, get to sleep."
    Five days later, Moon's egg hatched, the whole pack was pleasantly surprised that the egg hatched into a shiny. Our joy was not to last though, because the humans attacked once again. They came quieter this time, but their approach was ruined by one of them that shouted, "Look! One's a shiny; get that and the mega stone!"
    I could not allow this poor pup to be taken from his mother like I had from mine. I felt a feeling, it was a tingle, then there was light all around me. The humans were staring open mouthed at me. When the light dissipated, I felt taller, stronger. I knew I had evolved and I must look just like mother. But then the stone around my neck grew brighter, I felt my instincts sharpened, my abilities enhance, and soon was able to stand a chance. I used the move Flamethrower, something I had never been able to do. There were the Mightyena fighting all around me with the other humans. For me there was only one I wanted, I searched through the sea of black and found him. The leader. I caught his eye and we stared at each other. I must have scared him badly because then he shouted "Come back, It's not worth it, we didn't get the shiny or the mega stone, but we caught one, let's go!" The humans raced out of our home after their leader, within seconds, they were gone.
    'Caught one?' I thought. What do they mean by that? I looked around, and I noticed there was one Mightyena missing. 'No, no,' I thought to myself, 'not again, I can't lose one again!' "Gale!" I howled, "Where's Gale?"
    The large Mightyena who allowed me to stay so long ago walked up and bowed his head. "Gale… Gale was the one they caught." The words sounded grievous "I am so sorry." He said with tears in his eyes.
    "No… NO, he COULDN'T have been, NO!" I ran away, away from the pain, away from my friends, away from my home.
    I ran until it wasn't a forest anymore, it was a grassy field. I heard something behind me and I turned. I saw a small female human. They slowly pulled out what must have been one of the 'pokedex' devices the Mightyena had told me about.
    Then they spoke "I'm gonna catch this one for sure!" They pulled out a pokeball, "Go, El! "El, use tackle!" the girl was getting excited, jumping up and down.
    Then a thought came to me. 'This one's different than them, I can tell. This girl's not mean or cruel, but actually seems to care about this Gallade, and has an enthusiasm that the cruel ones never did.' I then decided to use that stone again, the one they called a 'mega stone.' I once again felt that feeling of exhilaration, of power. The trainer looked at my mega evolution with awe, too shocked to speak. Instead the girl threw a pokeball. I didn't struggle, I allowed myself to be caught. Maybe it was time to trust in something again, to have hope.
    I have been with that trainer until this day. Rin cared for me like no other human had before. She has trained me to be stronger than those evil humans ever dreamed I would be.I have also made new friends, the pokemon I fought that day, long ago, El, the Gallade, Basil the Leafeon, Aio the Greninja, Sheila, the Salamence and Grace, the Gardevoir. Though these are my new friends, I will never forget you, Night, Star, and Storm, I even believe that one day our paths will cross again. I have once again found a new family, but I will never forget dear mother, who I know would have been so proud, or my beloved siblings, Blaze, Flicker and Flame, or even Gale, my adopted father. You will always live on in my heart until the day comes when I can see you again. I will come back to you and take you away from those humans. I will always come back.

Back