• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Neo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami

Was Missing Since April'04
Years
  • thread01.jpg

Huzzah! I'm back, Yes after being gone for god know how long O.o; Simple put 1st family problems.. then my computer blowing up O_O;;; Everything seems to just go wrong for me ^_^V But fair not I refused to give up and now I'm back with my Shiney black computer *drools on it* (had to get black to match my GC an GBA). Well anyhow. The thread is back. Unfortunatly, the webside is lost along with 70-80% of my work when it blew up. But I refuse to let it die! So here I am. With a more detialled thread explaination o.o;

Now there is a section for everything lol all in one post so that all can all eask easily =D Yay! eh?

So lets begin =3

thread02.jpg

So this is your basic idea, that came from me long long ago...

I'm sure everyone remembers Pokemon Yellow, it tried to merge the anime with the game. It did'nt go too bad. Well thats what Neo is all about. In Neo there is a whole new way to "catch 'em all" with the ability to have 3 vs. 3 pokemon battles! (please try not to copy this idea from me)

So far the game engine is nearly complete. By the end all 358 pokemon will be there aswell as 3 pokemon leagues (yes 3!) It's a big project and I have been working on it for 3 months now. (A site for the game is nearly complete which will supply a mini-demo for all to try out).

But this is where you people come in. I need help on the game, in return for help you will be given a ftp account at Pokemon neo's server to upload any work that is done, and have yourself put in the Neo game as a trainer.

What do I need done you ask? Well I have done all the chipsets myself (that took me nearly 1 month x.x;) Aswell as charsets of characters. But there is alot more needed like, people who can rip out music files from the pokemon gba games (they don't need to be perfect, I can fix them all up) Aswell as storyline workers who can think up some creative twists in the game (they must be workable mind). Mind if you think that you can do something to help then I will be happy to listen. Afterall it would be nice to have a game for the fans that is actually made by the fans.

Well since then, many people gave me many more idea's along with some interesting hack ideas xP (Have some friends trying it now for me). Yes 3 vs 3 is still something I want to keep in the game. Not only that but what about learning to fly? I'm talking about the ability of "FLY". You can control were the pokemon flys this time instead of ordering it. a nice little addition. To it all I personally think.

Aswell as that one main idea was a ever expanding game play. So this game will never be truely complete with updates and continue to add to the world that your in. Great eh?

thread03.jpg

demo1.png

The launch of the website has sped up and will be launched on the 1st instead of the 3rd of march, with this I have also scraped the Promo Video to release Tech Demo 1. Please keep in mind that this NOT the Public demo. This demo is short and sweet, and shows you the quality that Neo will be in terms of music and graphics. not only that but it will show you a few characters that are in the world of Neo too. Its launch will also be timed with the launch of the new site ^_^

Unfortunatly due to all that has happened, I have gone backwards not forwards ;-;. So now I will be asking for a dedicated team to help out. I can still get it all done myself. But with people helping I think things would run alot faster eh?

But there are some good points. Since last time, my graphics skill has increased loads. So this should add to a more enjoyable game I'm hoping.

New team member!
    Beta Tester: Daegon_Kimeron, Pheonix316, Neo Dragon, Saul (No More beta testers, so just dont ask!)
    Spriters/Mappers: santadidit102

thread04.jpg

Some simple Q and A for you all!

What can I do to help?
    There are many things that can help, but the question is "what can you offer?" I'm allways willing for help, from storyline writers to fan artists. It's not just about coding ya know =D

Can I have the demo?
    People PMed this even tho I was not here, yes I know there is huge interest in this title, but a demo now will be 1-2 months away, sorry. But a private demo will be out sooner, why not try applying as a Beta Tester?

Can I take over you project?
    O_O NO! I love this project way too much, you can help. But there is no way I'm giving it away at all.

Where's the website?
    Due to my computer crash, It all died. But since then my graphics are alot better and the site will be up by next week. If not you can shoot me lol.

thread05.jpg

A lil list of things that are currently being done, So this is all that coming up.

(19.02.2005) Come back and hunt for Staff. Done
    (03.03.2005) Website Launch, Promo Video of Neo in action.
    (15.03.2005) Private Demo launches to all Staff and Beta Testers.
    (01.04.2005) Public Demo Launch, will be availble via Bittorrent and Website.

thread06.jpg

How to get incontact with me.

Quite simple, just PM me lol. (please read Q and A before PMing)
    Or as allways just contact me on aim at NeoYami84

I look foward to hearing from you all ^_^

Last edited:

Yami

Years
  • The site won't be launched until the 5th (tomorrow). But until then, I'll tell you some more detials.

The 3 leagues are
    Kanto,
    Johto and
    The Orange Islands

Not only that but I has some interesting features yet to be shown in any other pokemon game. But maybe I have said too much.

Charizard Master 2003

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Yami said:
    The site won't be launched until the 5th (tomorrow). But until then, I'll tell you some more detials.

The 3 leagues are
    Kanto,
    Johto and
    The Orange Islands

Not only that but I has some interesting features yet to be shown in any other pokemon game. But maybe I have said too much.

Man, that is going to be an awesome game, I can't wait!

Durandal.

... (...) ...
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    Well, it does sound awesome, but i am trying not to get my hopes up on this one, Because it might get Discontinued, After all thats what most creators do!

Yami

Years
  • Okay since people are starting to get ineterested alot more. I'll post some screenshots ahead of time for everyone to see. BUt as for the demo you will have to wait for the site launch tomorrow xD

Yami

Years
  • Alot of it is custom built. Only thing a bit buggy is the battle system. Thats one of the reason why this mini demo will be launched. It will allow you to fight a Team Magma Member using the 3va 3 system.

Once the Mini Demo is released, a larger demo will be released later on. That one demo can be updated every now and then to see how it all goes. And then there will be the final launch of the full game. (If you people think i would give you a demo or a section of the main game, then I'm afriad not - not being mean or anything but this way you can see how the game is comgin along wiothout spoiling the storyline of neo itself).

Durandal.

... (...) ...
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    Can you like maybe tell us, what is it about like the main characters, and besides the fact that you need to collect badges and such.

Yami

Years
  • Sure, but I don't want to say so much. There are quite a few storyline, sub-quests as some may call them.

Heres some I'll let you know about.

1. "Hunt for the NO1 Trainer" - Not only can go collect badge and compete in one of 3 leagues. But Ask is about, watch out tho. He's one strong customer. WARNING - QUITE A BIT OS AAML WITH THIS SUB-QUEST

2. "Battle of the teams" - As you continue through the game you will notice a grudge war going on between Team magma and Team Rocket. Who will win? How you play will decide it.

and finally

3. "Legend of the legenary" - Sure the legendary pokemon are in it, but some are harder to get than others. One example is Mewtwo. Nuff said, wait and see about this.

I hope that helped to answer your question.

Durandal.

... (...) ...
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    I have a feeling on who it is... dont know if i should say.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back