• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first shiny?

Years
  • For what I'm lacking in luck with wild shinies (In over a decade of playing I found NONEunless I did but killed it without knowing lol), I make up in rather skilled shiny chaining, and I gotta say I picked it up quickly. Long story short, I got my first shiny this year. A shiny Poocyhena, folowed by 5-6 shiny Electrikes and a nice collection of 10 shiny Beldums.
    I am planning to return to shiny chaining soon :D

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    mine is a shiny Ponyta i encountered in Diamond, under cycling road i believe? i used it the rest of my playthrough and even used it in Pokémon Battle Revolution later - it looked awesome! it should still be on my Diamond game even now. it's kinda funny cause i never encountered any shinies in the wild in other games, even though Diamond was one of the games i played the least, actually...

buuuut... just the day before yesterday i bred a shiny Torchic i'm going to use for my ORAS playthrough! c:

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • A shiny Fearow I saw in Platinum on one of the post game islands in the wild. I was super excited to finally see a shiny that I threw a Master Ball at it~ Don't have that Fearow anymore. n_n (This was also back in the day when I'd hack in extra items. Well past those days now. xD)

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
  • I killed my first shiny.

I encountered it only a couple years ago in Crystal. It was a Pidgey. Never having heard of shinies, when I saw the animation and off-color I figured it must be normal and I was just being an idiot. After mercilessly blasting that sucker down I decided to google it. Many manly tears ensued.

To date, I've yet to encounter another.

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years
  • Can't remember my exact first shiny, but I do remember when I first found a shiny after knowing what a shiny was. I was playing HeartGold when I found a shiny Pidgey. I wanted to catch it but I was out of balls. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Either Krabby or Drowzee in Crystal Version, I know I had both in my game but I can't remember which came first.

ben96atkinson

Pokémon Spiral
    Years
  • Well over 9 years of playing this game - and I've come across a Shiny Ditto in Cerulean Cave - didn't catch it, I was so amazed that I found a blue Ditto, I had no clue why he was blue! Until I did a little research and told my friends at school... I didn't catch it ;-; also I found a Shiny Duskull along that route above route Mt. Pyre, on the original Pokémon Ruby game, I had like 2 ultra balls and didn't catch it, cry times - but then hop forward 2 generations to White 2 I accidentally hatched a shiny Mudkip while trying to get a Mudkip of a specific nature and I hatched a shiny bad boy, to bad it wasn't in the nature I was searching for... And it was a 1 in 1024 chance, thanks to the Masuda method + shiny bracelet - then last week I came across my luckiest shiny Pokémon ever, shiny Cobalion on Omega Ruby, with the original chances, without a single soft reset! Didn't even know which Pokémon was going to be in the ring!

So yeah - I have come across 4 Pokémon shiny in total, obtaining 2...

Back