• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would You Play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Multiplayer?

Cyr

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section, please move it.

Edit: thanks to whoever moved it.

I am going to start making a story line for a pokemon mystery dungeon game, and I have a few ideas. What if you could connect to the game server and enter Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, with other players? Like enter dungeons with other players online? & battle bosses like groudon with your friends {XD}. There will be an economy, you can trade with other players etc.

Is this a good idea for a game? Or am I going to waste my time making this?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Cyr

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    This is an awesome idea for a PMD game! I do have a tip for you, though. If you're going to make this game, you should learn how to make games like this.

Years
  • Um, honestly, probably no. I dont see how could you execute it to be playable.
    There would be a ton of people rampaging with their level 100 beasts over the level 5 beginners, or how would you make a story fit the constantly incoming new players without making it too short. PMD is focusing on a story, dungeons are here just to level up or to make space between story chapters imho, and I dont see how you would pull that off in a mmorpg.

Cool idea, but I am generally not a mmorpg player. I just dont see a point in playing a game if there isnt a concrete ending with optional post game, and mmorpg usually are kind of games you could play forever.

I could be wrong though, not like I have experience with these kind of games :)

Cyr

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Um, honestly, probably no. I dont see how could you execute it to be playable.
    There would be a ton of people rampaging with their level 100 beasts over the level 5 beginners, or how would you make a story fit the constantly incoming new players without making it too short. PMD is focusing on a story, dungeons are here just to level up or to make space between story chapters imho, and I dont see how you would pull that off in a mmorpg.

The story (Or quests) is single player only!!! There is only going to be one place for PvP (Fighting other players), Other dungeons are solely for levelling up & bossing. The bosses will be much much stronger. Bosses will have loots (If you've ever played Runescape, it's that type of loot system) (The loot is randomized, meaning there can be a really rare item that can be dropped within 1-100 kills) so killing bosses will be a good way to make money.

Cyr

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    This is an awesome idea for a PMD game! I do have a tip for you, though. If you're going to make this game, you should learn how to make games like this.

The only problem I'm having right now is the combat system (Meaning the PMD fighting system). I have a friend who can take care of the multiplayer, and I will take care of mostly everything else.

Years
  • The story (Or quests) is single player only!!! There is only going to be one place for PvP (Fighting other players), Other dungeons are solely for levelling up & bossing. The bosses will be much much stronger. Bosses will have loots (If you've ever played Runescape, it's that type of loot system) (The loot is randomized, meaning there can be a really rare item that can be dropped within 1-100 kills) so killing bosses will be a good way to make money.

Oh, I was hoping it would entirely be multiplayer. So basically it would be like main series is. Everything single player except optional PvP battles.

Well, good luck with it :)

Cyr

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Oh, I was hoping it would entirely be multiplayer. So basically it would be like main series is. Everything single player except optional PvP battles.

Well, good luck with it :)

Well not exactly, you can still play multiplayer in dungeons, it's just when you start the story mode or a quest, it will only be you in the dungeon (With other NPC). Just a heads up, there will be mini-games aswell!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yes, definitely! A lot of us had wanted to see some sort of Pokémon MMO for a while, and I believe this would be a nice way to go about.

One good thing about this is, it would be taking place in Mystery Dungeon universe, which would sort of eliminate the need of using anything from main-series (such as regions and mechanics), making it easier for them to incorporate things and whatnot. By that, I mean they wouldn't have to worry about connecting this MMO to their prime timeline and whatnot; it'd be giving them more freedom.

Aside from that, there are a lot of Pokémon out there already, with more being continuously added; thanks to this, when it comes to character selection, customization, and so forth, our options would be sort of limitless, so to speak, which is great. I can't precisely speak for others, but I know I'd definitely be invested!

Cyr

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Yes, definitely! A lot of us had wanted to see some sort of Pokémon MMO for a while, and I believe this would be a nice way to go about.

One good thing about this is, it would be taking place in Mystery Dungeon universe, which would sort of eliminate the need of using anything from main-series (such as regions and mechanics), making it easier for them to incorporate things and whatnot. By that, I mean they wouldn't have to worry about connecting this MMO to their prime timeline and whatnot; it'd be giving them more freedom.

Aside from that, there are a lot of Pokémon out there already, with more being continuously added; thanks to this, when it comes to character selection, customization, and so forth, our options would be sort of limitless, so to speak, which is great. I can't precisely speak for others, but I know I'd definitely be invested!

Thanks for the reply.

I am working on mapping as we speak, I will try my very hardest to setup a short trailer, a playable demo and a small support website + forum for people who are interested.

Back