• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Map Making Competition - May 2015 [ENTRIES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
  • h57p6fy9w6h1p99zg.jpg

Map Making Competition – May 2015 [Entries]

Introduction:

One day i was Creeping looking at Hashtag's profile, I found the old "Map Of The Month" threads. I kept looking around and I found out that it was discontinued! I don't know why it was discontinued but, That's not important. What is important though, is the fact that i am here to bring back Map of the month! (Kind of) Now, it will be called "Map Making Competition". I will accept all Entries from May 5th to May 31st. Good luck to everyone. so.....GET MAPPING!

Theme:

This Months theme is...............Cities!

Rules:

· You may only Submit ONE map per MONTH.
    · No entries will be permitted after May 31st at 11:59 Pm Eastern time.
    · You may only vote once per month.
    · Asking or bribing others to vote for your map, will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Creating new accounts to vote will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Voting via the thread is not counted, only votes via the poll count.
    · Don't complain that we didn't choose your map.

Examples:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Entry Form:

Map Name: Name of your map must be provided.
    Comments: Any comments you want to make on your map.
    Credits: Please give credits to the artists of the tiles or ROM bases etc. That you have used.
    Map Shot: Post your map in the form of a link, or in a spoiler. Maps not in this form will be rejected.

Hope you guys are glad that there is a Map making competition! Hope to see everyone's Cities!

Map Name: Central City
    Comments: This is a map I made in late-2009 that now has to be remapped to fit the mapping style that I'm going for. This map and its concept greatly influenced the overall direction of the mapping style of my hack that will never eventually possibly be completed and then released within the next few years. I'll always be very fond of it for this reason. This was 6 years ago, and I've definitely gotten better since then, so please be gentle!
    Direct Link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51602&d=1261629305
    Spoiler:

*Luxio//Hacks*

Creator of Sky Twilight + Sky Daylight?
    Years
  • I would loved to entry this month map making competition. :)

Map Name: Newville Town
    Comments: A nice, simple, starter town.
    Credits: FM (tiles)
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon Trainer 188

Map Name: Starlight City
    Comments: It's just a map I made for a ROM hack I gave up on, don't really remember what's going on in this picture, haha
    Credits: Alucus_Of_Borg, WesleyFG, Magiscarf, Zeo254, Pokemon Diamond, Sylver1984, PkmnAqua and spherical-ice
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

GoldenKHRP

GoldenKHRP
    Years
  • Phew, made it before the deadline :). I had very little time to work on my map but here it is:

Map name: Avari City (I really don't know yet, will probably change)

Rom Base: Fire Red

Comments: This is some kind of financially driven city where the people chase their ideals. The symbol of the city is a big Zekrom statue which stands in the middle of a park in the centre of the city. I am planning to make another city which will be a counterpart of this one, that one shall have a Reshiram statue. The two cities are constantly in conflict.
    I made most of the tiles myself with a few exceptions (see credits). This was a rather hard task since I had only a little time to actually work on it. So there might be a few errors that I have overlooked. Comments and feedback are always welcome.

Credits: Credits to Alistair and ChaoticCherryCake (ChaoticCherryCake used tiles from a lot of different mappers. A complete list can be found here: http://chaoticcherrycake.deviantart.com/journal/Credits-for-Tiles-367931482). And credits to Hek-eL-Grande for the Zekrom statue. I used some tiles from Emerald for the Fancy building above the park.

Map: http://i59.tinypic.com/2duzdcw.png
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Thanks to all of our participants!

The voting thread and the June thread will be up on Thursday night! (Eastern time)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back