• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Never Split The Party: A Fantasy RP (OOC + SU, Rated T)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
  • Chapter 1: Temple of the Broken Dead
    The three heroes sit at the old, worn out tavern table. It had been an hour since they had gathered; they were still waiting for the person who had called them.

After a few hours of sitting, playing cards and drinking booze, a short, stout man walked to the table, and sat down. Tarr- one of the adventurers- smiled. He was hoping this wasn't some sick prank. "What is our quest?" asked Tarr, the party ranger.
    "This is no quest you've ever gone on before," the stout man replied. "Today, it's going to be something different than the usual job you've done."

"And this would be?" Tarr scoffed, intrigued at their upcoming quest.

"A quest to save the world." A small smile was fixed on the barman's lips, as he saw the reaction he had been anticipating.

An short silence covered the table. At last Shiella - the party's beautiful thief-voiced her confusion. When she was done, the short man gulped.

"This is something larger than anything I've ever seen before," he said. "A dark power is rising from the Temple. Something that only matches the strength of an angry god..."

"You don't mean-"

"Yes," the short man interrupted. Everyone knew of the legend of The Great Dracomaniac - Kolonin, though none had ever considered it was real.

"Kolonin is a legend," Korr, a burly man whose drink had not been touched, stated.

The stout man rubbed his eyes. "One would think you lot, of all people, would know better than to just 'assume' that something's a legend. Kolonin is real. And he has come to destroy us all." How the barman had come to know this much, the adventurers did not know - but the very idea of Kolonin existing was a disturbing proposal, let alone that they would be able to take him out.

Finally, Korr showed what they were all thinking. He burst out of his chair and banged his fist on the table-a clear sign that he didn't want to do this. The barman looked toward Tarr, and then towards Shiella, for some form of showing that at least they were willing to help him. With a sad look on their faces, Shiella and Tarr shook there heads.
    "Sorry," said Tarr.
    "We just can't do this," Shiella noted.

With a sigh, the three heroes left the tavern, thusforth dooming the world to it's fate.​

THE WORLD
    The year is 675 AF (After Faithwar). After the Faithwar (a massive religious war that crippled the entire planet) the world of Kotaria started to collapse. Even after 675 years, it was still damaged. In the depths of Crystalwood, the kingdom of Sithe struggled to rebuild. Eventually, king Tornin I managed to rebuild a large potion of the kindom of Jalor in the middle of Crystalwood, and even a bit outside of it. However, times changed to the worst when the female necromancer Shailla took control of The Temple, and repeatedly sent undead raids after The Jalorian fortress, capturing many small towns. Until further notice, Shailla has not been stopped, and her power will not atop growing. On the outskirts of Crystalwood lies the Infested Forest, the darkest part of the world that no one dares get anywhere near. The forest is full of the most diabolically dangerous creatures possible, but it is rumored that an ancient race lives deep in the forest...

YOUR START
    The players will start of in the depths of Crystalwood, in the kingdom of Jalor. They will start in the tavern, where the barman will be, telling them what they need to do. Luckily, not many hostile creatures lurk in the forest, so the only real enemy they will encounter are bandits. Only a few days travel off is The Temple, so the adventurers should get there pretty quickly.

YOUR ROLE
    You are one of a party of hopefully six adventurers, and you will be called by the barman to go and slay the Dracomaniac. Your first stop should be at the Temple, where the barman sensed the first signals from Kolonin. Hopefully, you will be able to get to Kolonin alive, tor the Temple is a dangerous place that few have escaped from alive, and even fewer dared get anywhere near it...

NUMBER OF PLAYERS
    There are allowed to be eight players. Why eight? Because if it is anymore than that, I will probably have trouble doing your turns. So no more than eight. However, if I can't find enough players, we might have less than eight.

NEVER SPLIT THE PARTY
    Don't split the party. Ever. Keep the party together, watch each other's backs, and whatever you do, DON'T SPLIT UP. I don't think there's a single movie out there where people split up and they came out alive.
    And if there is such a movie, then that movie sucked.

CHARACTER CREATION
    To customize your character, just fill in the form below. (Copy and paste it if necessary).
    Name: (please make this sound like a proper fantasy name, and make it fit there personality)
    Appearance: (Be sure to include height and weight. Pictures aren't just allowed, there encouraged)
    Personality: (Don't have to add much, just a few sentences.)
    History: (optional)
    Roleplay sample: (optional)
    Profession: (more on this later)
    Weapon: (make it fit your profession)
    Other: (optional)​

Please remember to fill out all fields required except the ones that are labeled optional. You can still fill those ones out, but you don't have to.

PROFESSIONS
    In this roleplay, you will get to pick a profession. Your profession will let me decide what things you can do (for example, if you do a profession like mage, I will let you do things like throw fire.) However, please be rational with what profession you pick. I.E. you can't say something like 'pirate'. If I don't like what profession you picked, I will say no and you will be required to pick a different one.
    Here is the list of professions I'm willing to have (if you think of a different one you want to be, just PM me about it):

-Mage (mages are specialized in dozens of elemental attacks. If you pick a mage, list an element you control)
    -Fighter (melee all rounder)
    -Rogue (this skilled profession deals with three things: speed, stealth, and money)
    -Ranger (powerful bowman skills)
    -Gunman (although more powerful than the ranger in terms of damage, Rangers can do things that Gunmen can't do, so you may still want to pick Ranger...)
    -Beserker (crazy psychopath. High speed and strength, but very dangerous to be around)
    -Cleric (or healer)
    -Paladin (the melee cleric)
    -Battle Mage (the melee mage)
    -Guard (high health but low strength. Very good for protecting allies)
    -Sniper (high range and damage with a bow or gun)​

Please try to pick a profession that would make it a lot easier for your team to survive. For example, let's say that the team so far has a guard, a beserker, a ranger, and a mage. It would be recommended to pick a healing profession, like cleric or battle monk. Also, all professions have magic to an extent. This magic is based off their profession. For example, guards have the ability 'defend' which makes a temporary shield that blocks enemies from the other party members, but as all spells have their limits, this shield only lasts a few seconds.

SKILLS
    At the end of every chapter (there will be five chapters in total) I will 'level up' each character. I will give each character a new skill depending on what there profession is. For example, rogues will start off with the skill you can use known as 'sneak,' which will allow you to hide and avoid enemies attacking you. When that chapter is over, I will grant you a new skill, such as, if you're a rogue, 'backstab,' which allows you to sneak up behind an enemy and instantly kill him (or her).

BE AWARE OF STEREOTYPES
    Don't stereotype your character. Please. You can follow stereotypes a little, but not to much. For example, you don't have to follow the stereotype that fighters are stupid. In fact, I encourage you to disobey these stereotypes. Say your fighter is intelligent or your mage is dumb. But, if you're particularly uncreative, you can follow stereotypes.

PLAYERS

1. <Challenger>
    2. OG_Haunter
    3. pknight96
    4. Tyler1616
    5. Geras32
    6. TheGameBringer42
    7. LuxrayHacker
    8. Poki

RULES IN GENERAL
    -GM's word is law.
    -Mild romancing is allowed, but please, be mild.
    -Do what your personality tells you you should do. If you say that your character is easily saddened and a good friend dies, say you cry, and maybe fall into a neighboring adventure's arms. If you say you're unoptimistic and you're about to enter the chamber of Kolonin, say something like 'we're going to die.'
    -Don't go using skills unless I say you can us it (so beserkers, no ice magic).
    -In certain areas of this, I may have made a few slight tipos. Just ask if you have trouble understanding something.
    -No spamming.
    -Watch each other's back.
    -To make sure you read this, you have to type in this password in your SU: Monkey Tacos.
    -Enemies will be controlled by me, the GM.
    -You are not allowed to kill other players.
    -Bunniers will be shot and Mary Stus will be shot again.
    -Godmodders suck.
    -I am not afraid to kill you. If you do die, I will work on helping you get a new character.
    -You cannot just say something like 'I kill an orc.'
    -Take turns. A turn order will be decided upon when we start playing.
    -Never split the party.
    -Have fun.​

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • I'd love to sign up for this! Reserve me, please?

Name: Jamen (Pronounced Yamen) Egar

Appearance: Jamen has two appearances: One with his cloak and mask, and his everyday attire.

He stands at about 5'9, being a bit short for his age, when out of his armor, but when he is inside it it adds a whole foot with the helmet, boots and such. He weighs about one hundred and fifty pounds out of armor, and close to two hundred with it on. In terms of casual clothing, Jamen prefers to wear finer clothing, bordering wearing tuxedos and such everyday.

Personality: Jamen, in short, is arrogant/cocky, condescending, and loud. He views everyone as his lesser because of his superior sniping ability, and is eager to fight anyone who says differently. Despite his selfish attitude, he can, occasionally, have a heart of gold and rescue someone if he felt he "Would run out of people to make fun of." He isn't entirely a bad guy. Just a smart-ass who can handle himself in a fight.

Profession: The Sniper
    Weapon:
    The Jager: The Jager is named after it's namesake, "Hunter." It's a high-powered fifty caliber rifle that has the force to punch a hole in a troll's hide, and the accuracy to punch a whole in between the eyes of a Dwarf at five hundred yards. It's downfall, however, is its extreme weight, around fifty pounds, and bulkiness. It must be lugged everywhere. It's kick is enough to destroy the shoulder of anyone who attempts to use it without proper training.

In terms of equipment, Jamen has a mask that doubles as a night vision mask, a gas mask, and worn binoculars. The mask is quite useful for night time and day time operations, and is linked to the rifles scope via a optic cable, but it limits close range, making it easy to be ambushed by anything quiet enough. Jamen also has various cloaks to blend in with various surroundings.

Other: Ze pazzvord iz monke tacoz

Last edited:

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2014
    I would also like to sign up for this. May I please be reserved? :)

Name: Zane Cortex
    Appearance: (Be sure to include height and weight. Pictures aren't just allowed, there encouraged)
    Personality: (Don't have to add much, just a few sentences.)
    History: (optional)
    Roleplay sample: (optional)
    Profession: Gunman
    Weapon: any ordinary pistol
    Other: the password is Monkey Tacos

pknight96

Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism
    Years
  • Name: Alima Palacine Norvus
    Appearance: Alima is about 5' even, weighing in at maybe 100 pounds soaking wet. She's small, obviously. She has fair, yet pale skin, with crystal blue eyes, and long blonde hair. She wears commonly a white robe with blue highlights, with a white witch-like hat, and white gloves and boots. (Pic in signature!)
    Personality: Alima is not often one for words... But she is a very optimistic person. Just being around her positive attitude may inside others to feel the same. She is quite smart, especially good at riddle-solving, and is definitely more comfortable helping the group than doing the fighting herself. She has a problem containing laughter when she finds something funny, as is rather sensitive, both physically and emotionally. She especially hates being picked on about her size... And being touched from behind. And spiders... She will scream bloody murder if she sees one.
    History: Alima belongs to a family of white mages/clerics. She has been training in the arts of the pacifistic magic for a good while. She recently decided that she would put her skills to the test, and join a party of others for some sort of quest... And what better place to do that than at a tavern (note: she is NOT a drinker...)
    Profession: Cleric
    Weapon: Alima wields the Moonlight Staff. The staff is silver, with a crescent-shaped top, and a blue moonstone in the crescent. Simple staff, lightweight. Not good for much besides white magic and blocking some attacks. A whack from it doesn't feel too great, but it'd take a lucky hit to kill.
    Other: The password is Monkey Tacos!

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • OG_Haunter's slot is RESERVED.

pknight96 character is ACCEPTED. But wait, you're afraid of spiders? Hooooowww unfortunate...
    5414271d20a6d3475c333dbfed7b0523_75521.jpeg

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Reserve me please, I am working on an su atm

Note, on all my rps I use CSS, but im not going to bother using it for my su

Spoiler:

Crap, Pk is a cleric, I guess ill be a back up healer and a tank

EDIT: Much more fun to make, hope you liked the history

Last edited:

pknight96

Years
  • OG_Haunter's slot is RESERVED.

pknight96 character is ACCEPTED. But wait, you're afraid of spiders? Hooooowww unfortunate...
    5414271d20a6d3475c333dbfed7b0523_75521.jpeg

And suddenly, a faint screaming is heard in the background... Quickly growing louder, as Alima runs past us both, away from any spider that may be in her wake.

XD I know, being afraid of spiders as an adventurer is pretty ironic...

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • And suddenly, a faint screaming is heard in the background... Quickly growing louder, as Alima runs past us both, away from any spider that may be in her wake.

XD I know, being afraid of spiders as an adventurer is pretty ironic...

Unfortunately for Alima, chapters 2 and 3 will have quite a bit of spiders o_O
    Tyler1616's character is RESERVED. Though here's a word of advice: Although I don't care that he's a Paladin, I do care that his name is, ha ha ha, Tragic. Was that on purpose?

Last edited:

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Unfortunately for Alima, chapters 2 and 3 will have quite a bit of spiders o_O
    Tyler1616's character is reserved. Though here's a word of advice: Although I don't care that he's a Paladin, I do care that his name is, ha ha ha, Tragic. Was that on purpose?

I must say I have no idea what you are talking about

EDIT:BUT, if the problem is the name, then ill will change it for the time being

Last edited:

pknight96

Years
  • I must say I have no idea what you are talking about

EDIT:BUT, if the problem is the name, then ill will change it for the time being

I think he was talking about how the "Tra" and the "jk" together formed "trajk". Clearly, that was not intentional, for my perverted mind allowed me to see what you actually meant there. XD

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • I'm not saying that he did it on purpose. But what I am saying is that it needs to change. I'm willing to give suggestions. For example, how about Tarn-jak? Sorta similar to your old name, and I at least though it was good.
    You know what? Forget that last suggestion. Titus Lanair is cool. Although, why is your gender tragic now?

Last edited:

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Dude thats a joke, on how u said only male or female, and as pk knows I startes writing down an "alternate" gender but said jk, and put male

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back