• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to add new Abilities/Moves

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Hello guys!!!!!! You miss me? XD
    First of all: Thanks for your help!
    But now i have a big question for you: I've read the thread "6th Generation Project", but i still have a doubt...how do i add a new abilities/moves? An example: i would like to add "Primordial Sea", i add it in abilities.txt, but the effect, where I have to add?In which section script?
    I hope I explained well and thanks for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    For moves and abilities from the sixth gen I suggest waiting for the project to finish, I suspect they'll make all the code public and include some guide of how to add it to essentials.

If this is not the answer you were looking for and want to code their effects yourself, or add in your own moves, you'll have to look through the battle scripts. Most move effects can be found in "PokeBattle_MoveEffects". Ability effects are coded in "PokeBattle_Battler", "PokeBattle_Move", "PokeBattle_Battle", and "PokeBattle_Effects", depending on how the ability actually works. I suggest searching through these scripts for moves or abilities which have similar effects and copy to create your own effect.

Back