• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Subway Sandstorm Help

ChaoticArchon

The First Generation Master
Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    I'm planning on using a Sandstorm team for the Battle Subway and although I'm not a complete noob, I do need some pointers. I'm planning on using 3 of the 5:

Tyranitar
    Sandstream
    Careful&Leftovers
    252HP/36ATK/220SP.D
    -Stealth Rock
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge
    -Taunt

Excadrill
    Sand Rush
    Adamant&Life Orb
    4HP/252ATK/252SPE
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Return

Terrakion
    Justice Heart
    Adamant&Leftovers
    80HP/252ATK/176SPE
    -Rock Polish
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

Ferrothorn
    Iron Barbs
    Sassy&Rock Helmet
    252HP/4ATK/252SP.D
    -Curse
    -Gyro Ball
    -Leech Seed
    -Protect

Garchomp
    Sand Veil
    Jolly&Choice Band
    4HP/252ATK/252SPE
    -Earthquake
    -Outrage
    -Fire Fang
    -Aqua Tail

Tyranitar I'll need for sure, but I'm not quite set on the rest. Terrakion and Excadrill both make tremendous sweepers, Garchomp can do his ever common role of KILL. NOW., and Ferrothorn can abuse his high defenses and outgoing residual damage while sapping away with Leech Seed and do some awesome damage with a crazy slow, Curse-powered Gyro Ball.

I could also use Landorus to give me extra survivability, but that would sacrifice coverage and momentum. The biggest appeal of this team is that I can beat Focus Sash, Focus Band, and Sturdy using the Sandstorm. The only downside is that this process will be pretty slow-killing, which will drive me to insanity after 100+ Battles...

Back