• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my (not completed) team

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
Years
  • Hey ya'll, I decided to post my completed team that I have so far. I don't battle competitively, either.

Pikachu @ Light Ball (Coming soon)
    Timid
    EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack, 6 HP

Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot
    ?
    ?

Charizard @ Lefties
    Timid
    EV's: 252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Flamethrower
    Air Slash
    Roost
    Dragon Pulse

Dragonite @ Lefties
    Adamant
    EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Outrage
    Dragon Dance
    Wing Attack ---- (Might switch to Roost)
    Fire Punch

Kingdra @ Lefties
    Modest
    EV's: 252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Sp Defense

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Dragon Pulse
    Smokescreen ---- (Just a filler, just not sure on what to replace it with)

(Ok, I know most of you are against using Legends, but I wanted to EV train a Mewtwo, so I use him as a filler until I get a Mew)

Mewtwo @ Lefties
    Naive
    EV's: 252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defense

Aura Sphere
    Recover
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball

COMING SOON:

Tyranitar @ Lefties
    Adamant or Jolly?

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Stealth Rock or Dragon Claw

Post a comment with suggestions if you have any. I am mostly looking for 2 more recommended moves for my Pikachu, so post.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    Pikachu @ Light Ball Is this gonna be a raichu soon?
    Timid

Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot
    Nasty Plot
    Focus Blast

Charizard @ Life Orb
    Timid

Flamethrower
    Air Slash
    Roost
    Dragon Pulse

Dragonite @ Lefties
    Adamant

Outrage
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Fire Punch/Superpower

Kingdra @ Lefties
    Modest

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Dragon Pulse
    Signal Beam/Yawn

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
    Naive

Aura Sphere
    Fire Blast/Thunder
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf/Expert Belt
    Adamant

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Aqua Tail/Dragon Dance

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Mufasa, those are all great suggestions but in the future when you're critiquing a team don't forget to explain why they should make those changes. They may need to know why those moves are best. Thanks for posting though! :)

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • Hey ya'll, I decided to post my completed team that I have so far. I don't battle competitively, either.

Timid/Hasty

Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot
    Iron Tail/Signal Beam
    Brick Break/Signal Beam

Charizard @ Lefties
    Jolly

Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw/Outrage
    Rock Slide

Dragonite @ Lefties
    Naive

Dragon Claw
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Beam
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Kingdra @ Lefties
    Modest

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Dragon Pulse
    Signal Beam/Dragon Dance

(Ok, I know most of you are against using Legends, but I wanted to EV train a Mewtwo, so I use him as a filler until I get a Mew)

Mewtwo @ Lefties
    Naive

Aura Sphere
    Fire Blast
    Psychic
    Ice Beam

COMING SOON:

Tyranitar @ Lefties
    Adamant

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Dragon Claw

Post a comment with suggestions if you have any. I am mostly looking for 2 more recommended moves for my Pikachu, so post.

That's what I would pick. Sorry if you can't see my edits clearly enough.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    zommy80, we appreciate your contribution, but please explain why you made those changes next time you rate. It is not very helpful if the team poster has no clue why you made those suggestions. Also, try making your advice in bold, it helps them see what you changed.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • This is what I would do, but I'm not particularly good at battling so take it with a grain of salt.
    Hey ya'll, I decided to post my completed team that I have so far. I don't battle competitively, either.

Timid

Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot
    Focus Blast / Hidden Power Ice
    Nasty Plot / Protect

Focus Blast is a very powerful move that offers excellent coverage. However, since its accuracy is risky, you might be better off with Hidden Power Ice, considering that gives you a pseudo Boltbeam combo, which is even better for coverage. Nasty Plot is useful for raising Pikachu's Special Attack to great levels, obviously, but is risky since Pikachu doesn't take hits very well. Protect can also be used if you want to make sure that an opponent doesn't have a move which can KO Pikachu.

Charizard @ Lefties
    Timid

Flamethrower
    Air Slash
    Roost
    Dragon Pulse

Dragonite @ Lefties
    Adamant

Outrage
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake / Extremespeed
    Fire Punch / Extremespeed

In my opinion Wing Attack just isn't very good and its coverage vs. Fire Punch is more or less redundant. Earthquake is a powerful move that offers great coverage. Extremespeed is also a great move to have if you haven't done enough dances, but it doesn't exactly exist outside of HG/SS so if you already have the Dragonite, you can't do it.

Kingdra @ Lefties
    Modest

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Dragon Pulse
    Rain Dance / Hidden Power Fighting or Ground

Rain Dance is an indispensable move for this Pokémon (provided it has Swift Swim). However, I'm not sure if it's a good idea with Charizard around and all. Hidden Power Fighting and Ground are both useful since they're super effective against those pesky Steel types. I might also suggest using something other than Leftovers in case you want to go into competitive battling some time (Item Clause and such), but it's your choice. I might go Haban Berry to give it at first no weaknesses, but that's just an idea.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
    Naive

Aura Sphere
    Recover / Ice Beam / Protect
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball

Using a Pokémon as powerful as Mewtwo, you should put more emphasis on its power. Choice items have obvious disadvantages but they would give Mewtwo unstoppable power. Mewtwo doesn't exactly need lastability because it can destroy pretty fast, so Life Orb is also a good choice. Ice Beam would give you fantastic coverage beyond the perfection of Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball, that is to say, thirteen strengths. Recover is a good combination with Life Orb, though. To be completely honest I only said Protect because I like using it. It's useful for the same reasons that I mentioned before with Pikachu.

COMING SOON:

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Stealth Rock or Dragon Claw

Tyranitar's Speed is pretty pitiful without Choice Scarf, so if you want to do fast sweeping, Choice Scarf is your only choice (no pun intended :P ). If you don't want to use Choice Scarf, I can only suggest either doing a slow technique (Curse, Avalanche, Payback, etc.) or just deciding that you don't care and doing your slow ruthless attacking with defensive EVs.

Overall, I really like the team. I would say it needs more Gengar, but I always say that. ;)
    What are you using this for, anyway?

Last edited:

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • Thank you guys, I really like the thoughts and suggestions. I am really digging that Jolly Scarf Tyranitar. I have considered trying competitive battling, however, I wouldn't use Pikachu. He's for in-game only, since pretty much anything could KO him if he didn't before hand. I am thinking T Bolt, G Knot, Nasty Plot, and HP Ice with a timid nature. I may run Choice Specs on Mewtwo, since he only has 329 HP to spare to life orb, and I really don't need speed (It's 375 at lv 100). I can teach 'Nite EQ since I have two tm's, however I have already raised several 'Nites before, so I don't really feel like breeding for Extreme Speed, since it took forever to get an Adamant nature. I might do Rain Dance on Kingdra....since I'll use my HP tm on Pika, or I can use Protect and use the HP on Kingdra, since he would be a Poke that I'd use in competitive battling. Anyone have any thoughts on the 6th slot? I'm a little too lazy to check my team's glaring weaknesses. I know ground and rock are two threats, however Kingdra takes care of them both, and him and 'Nite being weak to Dragon, I have Ice Beam there to protect them both. All though, sometime, I may get rid of Charizard, since it's sort of scary to have 3 Poke's on my team with quad weaknesses.

EDIT:

I am really liking Bronzong as my last slot. It resists the glaring weaknesses that I have (if it has levitate), and it can also be a stealth rock setter and a BRICK wall. Sort of thinking Careful or Bold, but let me know.

Bronzong @ Lefties
    Careful or Bold
    EV's: 252 Def, 252 SP Def, 6 HP
    Trait: Levitate

Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    Iron Defense
    Payback

Let me know, I aint no expert.

Last edited:

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    I am really liking Bronzong as my last slot. It resists the glaring weaknesses that I have (if it has levitate), and it can also be a stealth rock setter and a BRICK wall. Sort of thinking Careful or Bold, but let me know.

Bronzong @ Lefties
    Careful or Bold

Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    Iron Defense
    Payback

ehh honestly bronzong, has 1 role, imo. (personal experience)
    and thats to be support. with this set.

Bronzong @ Light Clay
    Relaxed or Sassy
    EVs: 252 hp/ 84 Att/ 80 Def/ 82 SpD
    Moveset:
    Reflect
    Light Screen
    Explosion
    Stealth Rock

and thats for competitive play... cus ingame... i wouldnt use him...

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Thank you guys, I really like the thoughts and suggestions. I am really digging that Jolly Scarf Tyranitar. I have considered trying competitive battling, however, I wouldn't use Pikachu. He's for in-game only, since pretty much anything could KO him if he didn't before hand. I am thinking T Bolt, G Knot, Nasty Plot, and HP Ice with a timid nature. I may run Choice Specs on Mewtwo, since he only has 329 HP to spare to life orb, and I really don't need speed (It's 375 at lv 100). I can teach 'Nite EQ since I have two tm's, however I have already raised several 'Nites before, so I don't really feel like breeding for Extreme Speed, since it took forever to get an Adamant nature. I might do Rain Dance on Kingdra....since I'll use my HP tm on Pika, or I can use Protect and use the HP on Kingdra, since he would be a Poke that I'd use in competitive battling. Anyone have any thoughts on the 6th slot? I'm a little too lazy to check my team's glaring weaknesses. I know ground and rock are two threats, however Kingdra takes care of them both, and him and 'Nite being weak to Dragon, I have Ice Beam there to protect them both. All though, sometime, I may get rid of Charizard, since it's sort of scary to have 3 Poke's on my team with quad weaknesses.

EDIT:

Bronzong @ Lefties
    Careful or Bold

Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    Iron Defense
    Payback

If you have concerns about TMs, I could always trade you a few of mine.

I think it's good to get rid of Charizard and replace it with a wall. For some reason Blissey and Dusknoir come to mind, but that's just because I don't personally like Bronzong.
    Is this an in-game team? It sounds like HGSS.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • Yes, this is Heart Gold. If I will be running Rain Dance on Kingdra, then Charizard is pretty much useless. And since my team is pretty much all offense, then if anything that is faster comes into play, which there WILL be, I would be screwed without something to counter it. However, this is just an in-game team...for now. I might try out a Wifi battle sometime if I can get Wifi myself...don't have it. But if I do, then I will box Pikachu for something else. I have a few Poke's that are nearly ready, but my team is no where near complete. I still haven't got my Sassy Bronzor or Adamant Larvitar. Also with a bit more research, I have thought of a better moveset for Bronzong. Since I found out Gyro Ball's damage is calculated on how much slower the attacker is with the target. So 0 IV's and a Sassy nature and Gyro Ball for Bronzong is excellent.

Bronzong @ Lefties or Occa Berry
    Sassy nature
    252 HP, 126 Def, 126 Sp Def, 6 Attack

Gyro Ball
    Stealth Rock
    Toxic/Iron Defense
    Or Rest and Sleep talk combo

I really like Blissey as a special wall, but she has terrible defense. That is what I like about Bronzong, he can be a Special and Physical wall. And after looking up Dusknoir's stats, he sounds like a NICE wall. Even better defense/sp defense than Bronzong. But I also like that Bronzong can avoid Ground types, and resist all of the weaknesses that my team has. Like Ground, Rock, Dragon and Ice (he resists them all, plus totally unaffected by poison). But, I don't know.

Can anybody message me about personal experiences with Bronzong and Dusknoir? (If you have any). I'd like to know how they both perform as walls in the competitive world.

Back