• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great War Challenge

Years
The Great Pokemon War Challenge

Background Info

Ok if you're into pokemon theories as much as I am then you probably already know about the Great Pokemon War if you do skip this part. If you don't then read the Great Pokemon War is a pretty well know theory that comes up by Lt. Surge in Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red, and Leaf Green (Not sure about Green due to it being in Japanese) where he says something along the lines of "My pokemon saved me back in the war." Or something crazy like that as the theory goes thats why there are very little to no young male adult and only old men, children, and women due to men dying in the war.
Rules
What kind of rule could be used for this? you may ask. Well!
1. Only 2 visits to Pokemon Shops is a war (low supplies get used to it)
2. Only 2 visits to Pokemon Centers (until E4 where you can heal as many as needed once again low supplies) (Mom is allowed as many times as you need)
3. You can use no revives, rare candies, ethers, elixirs, and no potions greater than super potions (they can go to better uses)
4. No running from wilding pokemon and no repels (You never know if one is a spy and you don't want to take chances)
5. Battle mode to 'Set' (your's pokemon are loyal thats why)
6. Pokemon must be within 4 levels of each other
7. No Ghost or Poison types
8. You can hack in pokemon you can't normally get in the game but NO legendaries can be hacked in or used
Team Members
Medic:
since visits to pokemon centers are low and restrictions on items are like they are you can use a pokemon dedicated to healing this pokemon must have at least 2 healing moves though.
Hand-to-hand combat: This pokemon just has to be a fighting type just this can't be used against steel types or pokemon with weapon looking like limbs.
Brains: This can to be any psychic pokemon because they have high IQ this pokemon must learn Calm Mind*caugh caugh* Alakazam.
Air Support: This can be any flying type that you can get your hands on as long as it learns Fly and Aerial Ace or Wing Attack.
Naval Support: Any pokemon thats water type starter, random pokemon, it doesn't really matter as long as it learns surf and Rain Dance.
Tank: An all round bulky pokemon that can take a hit for your team if needed.
Special Unit: Any pokemon with overall hit attack and speed that can win you a fight if need though this pokemon can be 7 levels higher than all other pokemon on your team but can only be used if you only have 1 other pokemon left.
Pyro: Any fire type will do in this case as long as it learns Flamethrower.
Weapons Expert: This can be a steel type pokemon or one with weapon looking like limbs.
Technical Man: Any electric type pokemon that can be found.
Spoiler:

Challengers
Spoiler:

Champs
Spoiler:

Any random questions and/ or tips send me a PM. Remember have fun and enjoy!!​

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I would recommend making some of the more generic looking team members more interesting. Naval Support for example could also have something like Aqua Ring or Rain Dance.

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years
Signing Up!

Forum Username: Lehtot
Game(s): Pearl
Team:
Hand-to-hand combat: Machamp
Brains: Metagross
Air Support: Staraptor
Naval Support: Cloyster
Tank: Umbreon
Pyro: Charizard

Single or Ultimate: Single

Quick question, does Mom count as one of the pokemon centers or am I allowed to "use" her as many times as I want to heal?

Years
Signing Up!

Forum Username: Lehtot
Game(s): Pearl
Team:
Hand-to-hand combat: Machamp
Brains: Metagross
Air Support: Staraptor
Naval Support: Cloyster
Tank: Umbreon
Pyro: Charizard

Quick question, does Mom count as one of the pokemon centers or am I allowed to "use" her as many times as I want to heal?

1. Thanks for signing up I was starting to wonder if anyone was going to
2. No mom doesn't mom use her as much as you want she's a nice lady :) and good luck!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Forum Username: DarkChibimon
Game(s): Fire Red
Team: Medic (Miltank), Naval Support (Blastoise), Air Support (Fearow), Weapons Expert (Scyther), Tank (Snorlax), Pyro (Flareon)

I have a question, can we hack in pokemon can we can't nomraly get like Miltank

Years
Forum Username: DarkChibimon
Game(s): Fire Red
Team: Medic (Miltank), Naval Support (Blastoise), Air Support (Fearow), Weapons Expert (Scyther), Tank (Snorlax), Pyro (Flareon)

I have a question, can we hack in pokemon can we can't nomraly get like Miltank

{:3} Yes you can DarkChibimon and thank you for participating in that challenge :)

Side note* Due to difficulties with my emerald game I will be changing my game to Fire Red :(

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years
UPDATE #1

So I began my Pearl run and used the Randomizer to change trade - evolutions so that my Machoke will evolve someday. Also changed the fire starter from Chimchar to Charmander
Also I won my first badge and beat Team Galactic at the Valley Windworks.

charmeleon.gif
Charcoal M
Lv. 15, Calm
- Tackle
- Ember
- Smokescreen
- Dragon Rage

starly-f.gif
Hornet F
Lv. 13, Relaxed
- Tackle
- Double Team
- Quick Attack
- Wing Attack

machop.gif
Chuck M
Lv. 16, Timid
- Karate Chop
- Rock Smash
- Foresight
- Focus Energy

Pokemon Centres:
Spoiler:

Pokémarts:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 15, 2015
Signup!

Username: Redrock1337
Game: Platinum
Team:
Medic: Chansey (Softboiled/Healing Wish)
Hand-to-hand: Medicham
Pyro: Magmortar
Tank: Rhyperior
Naval Support: Empoleon
Air support: Staraptor

Single
Also, I feel dumb for asking this but how would I go about hacking some of these in?

Last edited:
Years
Signup!

Username: Redrock1337
Game: Soulsilver
Team:
Medic: Chansey (Softboiled/Healing Wish)
Hand-to-hand: Medicham
Pyro: Magmortar
Tank: Rhyperior
Naval Support: Empoleon
Air support: Staraptor

Single
Also, I feel dumb for asking this but how would I go about hacking some of these in?

Everything looks good (and sorry for not being active I'm trying to fix that should be posting an new update this week)
Then to answer your question if you're using an emulator then find the right resources online to hack them in if you're playing on an actual game then you'll need a Action Replay

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 30, 2020
In the middle of a Nuzlocke, but It'd be fun to have this one ready to go.
User- ArmyBox1
Game- Platinum
Team- (Immediately)
Spec Ops: Flygon (can also learn fly)
Hand-to-hand: Breloom
Medic: Chansey
Tank: Aggron
Technician: Magnezone
Brains- Alakazam
(In Box)
Pyro- Charizard

After Eterna Forrest-
Naval Sup: Rotom W (I'll be hacking in a washing machine for him as well, if that's alright)

Last edited:
Years
In the middle of a Nuzlocke, but It'd be fun to have this one ready to go.
User- ArmyBox1
Game- Platinum
Team- (Immediately)
Spec Ops: Flygon (can also learn fly)
Hand-to-hand: Lucario
Medic: Chansey
Tank: Aggron
Technician: Magnezone
Brains- Alakazam
(In Box)
Pyro- Charizard

After Eterna Forrest-
Naval Sup: Rotom W (I'll be hacking in a washing machine for him as well, if that's alright)

Added you to challengers list and yeah that is fine if you hack in that form :) enjoy

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 30, 2020
One more question before I start. Will I be hacking the pokemon in as wilds in the routes or as... eggs? Maybe as just lv. 2's in my party? Let me know when you get around to it. I have the rom ready to hack, but I want to know what to do first.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Forum username: DyingWillFlareon
Game: Silver
Team: Pyro(Flareon), Technical Man(Magneton), Brains(Starmie), Tank(Meganium), Weapons Expert(Scizor), Air Support(Dragonite).
One question, I tried to look it up but it seems Aerial Ace isn't in Gen 2. I'm not sure if I'm just misinformed or what.
Single.

Years
Forum username: DyingWillFlareon
Game: Silver
Team: Pyro(Flareon), Technical Man(Magneton), Brains(Starmie), Tank(Meganium), Weapons Expert(Scizor), Air Support(Dragonite).
One question, I tried to look it up but it seems Aerial Ace isn't in Gen 2. I'm not sure if I'm just misinformed or what.
Single.

hmmm so it isn't okay just swap the move Aerial Ace for Wing Attack and added good luck :)

One more question before I start. Will I be hacking the pokemon in as wilds in the routes or as... eggs? Maybe as just lv. 2's in my party? Let me know when you get around to it. I have the rom ready to hack, but I want to know what to do first.

And ArmyBox1 thats up how you hack it in just if you hack it in wild make sure it's not a higher level then what you would get it at in the game :)

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years

Soo... an update finally! I got my second badge and a new team member, yay! Also beat Team Galactic's Jupiter. At the moment chilling in Hearthome City and I'm ready to take on Barry

charmeleon.gif
Charcoal M
Lv. 22, Calm
- Cut
- Ember
- Smokescreen
- Dragon Rage

staravia.gif
Hornet F
Lv. 22, Relaxed
- Tackle
- Double Team
- Quick Attack
- Wing Attack

machop.gif
Chuck M
Lv. 22, Timid
- Karate Chop
- Rock Smash
- Foresight
- Focus Energy

shellder.gif
Titanic M
Lv. 23, Sassy
- Icicle Spear
- Tackle
- Protect
- Withdraw

Pokemon Centres:

Spoiler:

Pokemarts

Spoiler:

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
Years
Quick question - is the 2 visits to Mart & Center restriction per badge or per game? I'm definitely considering the challenge, but I'm not sure I could manage with only 2 visits per game!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 26, 2017
I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (P.S. I am new)

name: Pokemon training
game: Pearl
team: Blissey(medic), Raichu(technical man), Staraptor(Air support), Infernape(pyro), Gyarados(naval support), Lucario(hand-to-hand combat)
single or ultimate?: single

will update as often as i can!

Back