• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] New Pokémon game engines

P3k

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 13, 2015
Hey guys,

New to the place and really just wanted some thoughts. Would you guys play a Pokemon game that is not a hack but instead built from scratch in C#?
Obviously it would mimic the same mechanics and style which is going to be very difficult to code every aspect of but not impossible.
Currently I am doing this using Unity and would like to see if it would have an audience or not. It's really just a little project that I'm working on on my own for my own intentions but,
I would love to know if it's something that would be suited for this site if it ever gets near a rough demo phase.

All I can say so far about it, is that it's using tiles from Fire Red and a little of the menu is from Ash Gray which I will be changing later on and the player. For now it is used purley for reference as it was the first thing I had.
It has 3D Pokemon, a working menu but not 100% complete, NPC's, you can move, talk, pick up items, get into wild battles and trainer battles but you can only switch out or run away.
If you guys are interested in seeing it then search for pp3k07 on youtube.

I look forward to your comments! :)

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023

Very nice job ! I would love to see the battle system worked on more .
Trust me I know pokemon mechanics are F-U-N...
Hope to see more ! GREAT JOB

Reactions: P3k

P3k

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 13, 2015
Thanks very much for posting the video for me Zeak6464 and your nice comments :)
Well I'm happy that you guys think it's not that bad. I'm actually working on this day and night at the moment while I'm out of work, so progression of this happens more and more each day.

I will post my updates on this site as I progress. Thanks again dudes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
If this thread is going to stay here, it shouldn't be about YOUR game (so stop advertising). It should be about the idea of new Pokémon game engines in general. There's a place for threads about specific game engines (such as yours), and this ain't it.

P3k

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 13, 2015
To be honest, I scanned most of the pages and thought that this would be the most appropriate place to ask the question. Seems I was wrong. So all you really needed to say was that I got the wrong thread and you could of pointed me to the correct one, if you still wouldn't mind doing so?

Secondly, I 'ain't' advertising my game, I'm asking for people's opinion and gave them the option to check out what it looks like if they wanted. I'm more interested in whether this community would play a none hack.
Sorry if you find this obnoxious, but this always happens to me whenever I decide to join something new, I always get some mod who's not happy where I posted my thread out of the literal hundreds of pages you guys have.

So anyway, where would you like me to post this please?
P3k ¬

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I will only use an engine/kit other than RPG Maker XP+Essentials if this engine have more features (something that can take YEARS for the developers) and/or doesn't have the Essentials defects (Windows only, paid, 999 map limits, among others).

I can handle Unity and 3D models without great problems put the average user can't. Keep this on mind.

And remember: Creating an engine/kit isn't a easy or fast thing.

Back