• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] The Elder Scrolls: Merits of Magic (OOC/SU)[M]

Years
  • Name: Eltruel Manirane

Sex: Male

Race: Breton

Appearance: Eltruel is just slightly under six feet tall. He has lean build that isn't suited for extensive combat, but he is faster than one may assume. He has naturally tanned skin that has a faint golden glow, possibly due to his muddled leniage. His slighlty pointed ears are the only indication of his Breton heritage, which most humans don't notice, but elves do, especially Altmer. Eltruel has a strong jaw line, unlike some of the more round-faced Breton. His high cheekbones, prominent eyebrows and blue eyes may make him appear attractive to some. He has the sides and back of his head shaved. The blonde hair on top is tied into a topknot. Typically, Eltruel wears the robes supplied to him along with a pair of boots and gloves. He keeps a Elven dagger sheathed in his belt for when things get hairy.

Personality:
    ~ Calculating
    ~ Innovative
    ~ Controlling
    ~ Enigmatic

Miscellaneous Points:
    ~ Experiments with Enchanting and Alchemy
    ~ Travels around cities and towns to hear the tales of adventurers
    ~ Trades information and knowledge for money in his spare time
    ~ Fascinated by magical creatures, magical contructs and politics

Current Magic:
    ~ Flaming Familiar
    ~ Conjure Familiar

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @Cobalt: Since it looks like Anarch isn't finishing the SU, I guess you'll take the last spot, Cobalt. You are accepted. Feel free to post. You don't have to make it seem like your character came late to the class, but instead just act like Eltruel is in the class with everybody else.

Years
  • Would it be fine if I changed Eltruel's current spell from Candlelight to Equilibrium or Flaming Familiar? When I was making him, I didn't realize the first lesson was to learn Candlelight.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Yeah that's fine ^^ You can change spells however you wish until you post

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
  • Current Magic: (Only give your character a few simple spells for now, maybe 2. It doesn't have to two spells from the same category. Click here for the full list of spells in Skyrim. If you are unsure if a spell is considered OP, just ask.)

This is probably a stupid question but I'll still ask. Does a character have to know a spell?
    I've thought about a character who wants to learn magic because they don't know any. Can they be taught 2 spells shortly after or during my first post? (e.g.: Entry test?)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    This is probably a stupid question but I'll still ask. Does a character have to know a spell?
    I've thought about a character who wants to learn magic because they don't know any. Can they be taught 2 spells shortly after or during my first post? (e.g.: Entry test?)

No, your character would need to know at least some sort of magic before entering the College. Also, sorry for not specifying this earlier, but SUs are now closed, as I've reached the max number of people I'm actually capable of managing :/

Side Note: I will have a post that progresses us along either tonight, or tomorrow :)

::EDIT::

Just posted! I sort have ended the lecture with some notes on Alteration magic, so I hope that's alright with you guys :p I guess now that starts the introductions (or not, if your character would rather just leave lol). This could prove to be interesting, if some of the characters have a problem with other races O.o Also, if anyone wants to suggest to do some sort of activity (group magic practice, eat, just hang out, go to town, etc), that's welcome too, as the plot won't actually progress until next class.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Please, excuse the barrage of questions that will follow. I just want some insight into the RP.

• Typically, how will days progress in this RP since clas doesn't happen everyday? Will there be time skips to the next time class is held if there is nothing to do in between, or will we play through each day until class is in session?
    • Are characters allowed to learn spells on their own? If so, should they be limited to Novice and Apprentice levels? (I'm assuming the schools contain the spells that were present in Skyrim and that there would be a limit on what could be learned outside of class.)
    • When there isn't class in session, are characters allowed to attend other classes besides enchantment?

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Sorry, I would have replied sooner, but school is killer on wednesdays O.o

Anyways:
    1)Yes there will be time skips. I think it would be a bit too tedious if we had to play through each day until class starts.
    2)Yes, characters are allowed to learn spells on their own. Although, if you do, I guess it would make sense to try and research something that would be within the area of study first. For example, if the characters are learning about Alteration, maybe study more alteration spells (Or not, it's all up to you lol).
    3) If you are able to properly portray a professor teaching the class, then go ahead (I most likely won't be writing as the class professor). I personally have no plans to start any classes other than the core class the characters are enrolled in right now.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
  • I can't bring myself to delete this so, even if spots are closed, I'll just leave this here in case a spot ever opens up.

Spoiler:

Back