• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hidden Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 26, 2005
hmmm it sure looks good, still there's one thing bugging me (not only this game, but a lot of other pok?mon fangames too)...

Why does everyone have 'TRAINER' in the menu, why not the actual name? I know it can be hard to do so, but it ?s possible.

Anyway, back to YOUR game: I like the design of the new town :) It really brings the pok?mon feel back to me. Keep it up :)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
the 'TRAINER' in the menu is just a temp to make sure that the rest of the cms is working. after some real progression has been made with the storyline and cbs i can go back and just change it as i will have more time.
Oh, and thanks for the compliments

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
It's loads easier just to have one picture for the menue. For the group project, it'll be easy with the custom Enter Hero Name (All Hail Meerkat). But for my name, "Trainer" is simple, at it works. No one's going to say, I rate your game 5/10 because you have "Trainer" instead of my custom name! Hmph!

I will if I feel it's necessary though.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
i thought i'd update you on Pokemon:Hidden Depths (P:HD for short). There will be three entirely new starting pokemon which i am currently working on.
I've also thought of a pretty cool feature for my game that i don't think anyone has done. There is a gamecube connected to a tv in the players bedroom, right? well how about this, everytime you defeat a gym leader a new minigame gets added and can be played from the gamecube. sound ok?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Yeah, that sounds good! I was planning on doing that in my PC system though. Also, maybe you can get a GBA along your quest, and you can hook it up to your GameCube for more minigame! Of course, you would have to buy the special hooker-upper, and if you want the Gameboy Gamecube player for even more minigames!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Make sure it's a backslash (\). The one Meerkat posted won't work. Backslash is located in between Enter and Backspace.

If you don't like any of the font colors, you can directly edit the colors in iDraw or something. You can open the System tab and recolor. You can even make gradients!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I thought it was about time for another update because I haven't really updated for a while.
Here's the map of the first gym town which is called Nacoly Town, however you can only enter it once you obtain HM Surf.

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
The intro has just been completed and almost all the events have been completed. as soon as i get the beta cbs from DM or Meerkat i will be able to release the first demo.

Last edited:
Years
DM is working on it at the moment.. I'm not sure if we are ready to release it at it's current stage, but if everything's good then i spose you could adapt it.. I won't be including pictures of pokemon or backs for them, there will be the test ones and you will have to put your own pokemon backs and fronts in.. www.pokefor.tk has all backs and fronts of current pokemon (even shinies) just look in sprites section.

I think it's almost my turn to work on it again so if you wait a bit longer then you can get the new version (some pictures still need to be added in and there is no HP system yet)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
i can wait for the cbs. it just gives me extra time to tweak with everything else for a while. and i already have all the front and back pics for all the pokemon, but thanks anyway

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
it's been a busy day for me today! i've started on the battle sprites for the new pokemon but i will probably need someone's help with the back pics because I'm not the greatest spriter, however i will do my best on them.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I'll be passing it back to you soon Meerkat so you can do your additional ferocity system or whatnot. I'll also send the avi of the intro pan if you want a point of reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back