• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon's Den

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
Years
  • This is a team I created based on my favourite 1st Gen Pokemon, Dragonite. Although it is mainly thought of as an inferior Mence, I thought this was the perfect time to create this team thanks to Mence's immenent banishment to Ubers.
    At a Glance
    472.png
    212.png
    392.png
    121.png
    462.png
    149.png

Analysis

212-1.jpg
    @ Leftovers
    Jolly Nature, Hyper Cutter
    252 Hp, 42 Def, 216 Spe
    Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Roost
    U-Turn​

Description: Oddly, when I made this team, Gliscor was the last thing I added. Gliscor provides a nice secondary Ground resist to my team, 2 of which are weak to Ground, while the other 2 are neutral. Unlike a lot of other common leads, Gliscor is designed to set up Stealth Rock and run, without dying in between. U-Turn is an excellent move, allowing me to scout the opponents next move, while still doing damage. Earthquake is used becuase it is a powerful STAB. Roost gives Gliscor increased longetivity. Max Hp gives decent bulk, while 216 Spe gives decent speed and allows me to outspeed and Earthquake Metagross to hell.​

Scizor_2_by_SailorClef.png
    @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature, Technician
    246 Hp, 252 Atk, 12 Spe
    U-Turn
    Bullet Punch
    Superpower
    Pursuit​

Description: Scizor is my Revenge Killer. It was added to the team becuase of my lack of a physical attacker that required no set-up. U-Turn is standard on Scizor, mostly because of the amazing damage it causes to anything that doesn't resist it. Bullet Punch is priority, and is why I chose Scizor for my Revenge Killer. EVs are standard, except I run 4 more speed than other Scizor, so I can outspeed them and hit them with Superpower.​

infernapetcg.jpg
    @ Life Orb
    Naive Nature, Blaze
    66 Atk, 192 Spe, 252 Sp.Atk
    Fire Blast
    Close Combat
    Hidden Power [Ice]
    Grass Knot​

Description: Infernape is my Mixed Attacker, used to weaken stall enough so Dragonite can sweep through it later on. EVs are standard Special Mix-Ape EVs. The 4 attacks used give perfect neutral coverage, hitting everything in the game for at least neutral damage.​

starmie.png
    @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature, Natural Cure
    252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spe, 6 Hp
    Rapid Spin
    Surf
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam​

Description: Starmie is my main special attacker, and Rapid Spinner. Rapid Spin is important to this team, as Dragonite takes 25% damage everytime it switches in to Stealth Rock. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam creates the infamous BoltBeam combo, which is then backed up by STAB Surf. EVs are once again standard.​

magnezone.png
    @ Choice Scarf
    Naive Nature, Magnet Pull
    252 Spe, 252 Sp.Atk, 6 Atk
    Thunderbolt
    Flash Cannon
    Hidden Power [Fire]
    Explosion​

Description: Magnezone is a great partner for Dragonite, trapping Bronzong and Skarmory that wall Dragonite and KOing them. Also, a combo of Magnezone and Dragonite provides a resistance to every type in the game. Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt are STAB attacks, while HP Fire is used to KO Bronzong. Explosion is basically a last resort to take out Sweepers that are already set-up.​

dragonite.png
    @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature, Inner Focus
    192 Hp, 114 Atk, 204 Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Roost​

Description: Here he is, the star of the team. After a couple DDs, Dragonite becomes obsenely powerful, only being walled by Skarmory and Bronzong, which Magnezone is designed to take care of. Earthquake and Dragon Claw give perfect coverage, except for the 2 pokemon mentioned earlier. Roost lets me heal any damage I take while setting up.​

That's my team. All comments are appreciated.​

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Um 12 speed evs to outspeed other Scizor is dumb, you should actually run 4 Speed evs as foe Scizor Superpower you, they drop their defense and you could benefit from it. If you outspeed other Scizor, your Scizor will be the one going down. Scizor also wants 248 HP evs to lower Stealth Rock damage.

I know that you're not going to replace Dragonite, I still suggest using DD Mence over it as it can run the same set but better than Dragonite due to better ability and better stats. Also if you're not replacing Nite, put Outrage > Dragon Claw as Outrage's more power is usually better than Dragon Claw's. Mence is a suspect, but not uber iirc.

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
    Years
  • I'm aware of Mence being suspect. 12 EVs are used so I dont get KOd by other Scizor before they KO me. Both will be tested, however. I'm not replacing Nite tho.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Well, standard CB Scizor does 62.6% - 74.3% to your Scizor, and as you'll be slower than it with 4 Spe evs, you can do 93.9% - 110.8% because Superpower drops Defense and foe Scizor are always OHKO'ed with Superpower with SR up, so foe Scizor beat your Scizor if your Scizor is faster.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    On lead Glis, it wants Taunt >> Roost to be remotely useful in the lead slot. That or its utter Spikes/set up fodder.

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
    Years
  • OK, all these changes sound great, and will be tested. However, Fire Punch isn't needed on Dragonite, since Magnezone is here. Also, Dragonite wouldn't stay around long without Roost when you add up (very possible) Sandstorm, Life Orb, and Stealth Rock damage.

Back