• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

private or open

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    In real life are you a mostly private person or very open? Or do you consider yourself in the middle? Don't give internet examples because I didn't ask.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Very private. I prefer to keep everything about myself to myself, including my feelings, opinions, thoughts, and usually advice as well. Opening myself up to people has never gone well before so I don't see why it would now. It's less of a hassle to just keep myself closed off. This makes me come off as either boring or strange, because I'll often do/say things without bothering to explain, or not even do/say anything where a normal person usually would.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Definitely open. I share way too much about myself to the people I know.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I am very whatever. If someone wants to know something I will not hesitate to tell them but I will not go out of my way to impose myself on others.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Extremely private.. almost painfully so. XD;

I'm very objected to imposing myself on others and I like to keep self-discussion to a minimum. I'll usually answer things when asked but I don't talk much about whatever it is. Brief answer, zip, donely done. Back to work or whatever I was doing.

Being quiet doesn't really help keep people from imposing on you though let me tell ya. Talk about uncomfortable. :(

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Private, not because I want to be but because whenever I say something remotely genuine people think it's weird.
    In my head at least I am definitely screaming to talk to other people, expressing myself and wanting others to do the same.

These things. Especially the latter part. :c

I tend to keep to myself. I'm not one to go out of my way to share, but I'll generally answer questions.. depending on what they are. I've been trying to be more open with friends, at the very least, but even when I know what I want to say.. I can't. I'll shorten it to a brief response, presuming I answer at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That depends on how much I know the person at him. If I've met you only just a couple of minutes ago, it's natural that I won't be sharing much personal things. Though, I'd definitely don't mind giving away things that don't affect me majorly (in real life), such as my name. For deeper stuff, that's sort of a different story; when it comes to discussing matters like family issues, then I most likely won't be doing that until we keep meeting up for a week or two continuously and develop better friendship. I consider latter to be more important, though, because to me, it's one of main keys when it comes to trusting and believing in others.

Years
  • Mostly private. I wont go into reasons and all, but I learnt not to give away my ideas and plans as people often looked down on me.

I usually have a friend or two whom I tell pretty much everything, but that's about it.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I'm mostly a private person. I used to be really open, but I learnt my lesson.

Years
  • I am very private.

People tell me everything almost on impulse - possibly because they know I won't share due to my private nature I dunno - but it takes a lot of work for most people to get me to tell them anything even remotely personal.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'm neither private nor open, but I'm very controlled with what I allow people to know about me. Some people know some things and other people know other things, and the version of me any person will know depends on what's most convenient for me.

I'm not lying to anybody because every version of me is the real me and therefore I'm not being fake with anyone. The version I slip into is just a product of my environment.

Years
  • In real life i'm very private. I only open up to those i'm very close to and trust. Online, though, I seem to feel more comfortable sharing certain things. :)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Once I get to know you I love to talk and am very including with others in the conversation. I'm also rather fluent and well-spoken with words, which is helped by my tone of voice, so I think I'm a rather public person to talk to if I know you. I don't mind small talk between strangers either, though. :P

Sirfetch’d

I'm kinda private offline for some reason but online I have been pretty open about myself and pretty much tell everyone anything they want to know about me!

Years
  • In real life? Generally keep myself rather private if I'm around strangers, definitely, but once I start becoming acquainted with someone then I'll become an open book. Not like there's anything of particular interest about me anyway so there's nothing to hide.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm really closed off as people described me. I only open up to people I am close friends with. And nosy people are annoying.

I have a lot of things I don't really want to share with just anybody. :/

But a lot of people open up to me because I am so private, I am really good in keeping secrets.

Back