• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Digimon New Series 2015 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
  • It's pretty much universally agreed in the fandom to be a multiverse, there's no point in arguing against it really.
    "Universally" is a strong word. I know I've always considered the connections between Adventure and Tamers (like Ryo and the monster designs) to be more metafictional than multiuniversal, if that makes sense. There's also the matter that a lot of Digimon fans couldn't care less about any canon from Xros Wars or other parts of the franchise they don't like (disclaimer: I can't stand Xros Wars).

As for "App Monsters," like every other entry in the franchise before it I will watch at least the first few episodes and give it a sincere chance, but it's been so long since a new Digimon series made me care about its story and characters that I'm not very optimistic.

Astinus said:
    I was just thinking this the other day while shopping. That if Tri had an English release, I could be buying Takeru Digimon merchandise again.
    That shows how much more an optimist you are than I am: it hadn't even crossed my mind that Tri might get a dub. It's going to be pretty rad seeing Digimon in a movie theater again! :D (I say that even though "Digimon: The Movie" was an abomination and a huge injustice to Mamoru Hosoda's great work.) I'm guessing that it'll be a much more faithful and direct dub than the Adventure shows/movies got, but they'll probably slip in a few more jokes to make the old dub fans happy.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    "Universally" is a strong word. I know I've always considered the connections between Adventure and Tamers (like Ryo and the monster designs) to be more metafictional than multiuniversal, if that makes sense. There's also the matter that a lot of Digimon fans couldn't care less about any canon from Xros Wars or other parts of the franchise they don't like (disclaimer: I can't stand Xros Wars).

first, meta-fiction is fiction in which the author self-consciously alludes to the artificiality or literariness of a work by parodying or departing from novelistic conventions (especially naturalism) and traditional narrative techniques.
    like the ending to deadpool kills the marvel universe.
    ryo might be the player character in the wonder swan games, but he was never the author
    second: for ryo's existence to not be multiversal, would mean that 02 & tri are non-canon. the wonderswan games are not only ryo's back story, but ken's as well.
    Ryo's Story

So some people were saying how they either didn't know his story or it was too complicated so I am making this post to attempt to fix that problem. A lof of his story is seen in his appearances in the WonderSwan games. I will try to peice these together cronologically as best as I can. His story starts after Digimon Adventure.
    1- Digimon Adventure Anode/Canode Tamer
    So let me start by saying that Ryo is supposed to be the same age as Tai and the others. He is also said to live very comfortably. Now for Christmas he got a laptop and used it almost obsessively. One day, Dec. 31st if I recall, the power goes out and his mom asks him to check a fuse box. Before he went though a voice from his computer asked him to take a digivice(which was like the DA). He took it and was transported to the digital world.
    In the digital world he meets Agumon(Yup, tai's Agumon) and tells him a terrible digimon, Millenniummon, had captured the Digi-destined and was causing trouble in the digital world. Ryo at first thought it was a dream from playing too many videogames but eventually he realizes it's true.
    After many battles Ryo defeated Millenniumon and saved the digi-destined, he had formed a bond with them and was sad to leave them. When he returned home his parents felt he was more mature.
    ^Ryo overusing his laptop. Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers
    2-Diaboromon.
    Ryo witnessed the battle against Diaboromon on the net. This leads to his next appearance, which highlights one of his most important friendships.
    3-Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers
    The game starts off with Ryo visiting Ken(the one from 02). They were talking about the battle with Diaboromon when al of a sudden a digimon appears. It was V-mon(The one that would become Davis'). He hands Ryo a D3 and tells him there is another Diaboromon and he needs to fight him. Both Ryo and Ken go to the digital world.
    Ryo ended up leaving Ken behind in Primary village with Tai, to find Diaboromon alone. He found him at the top of the spire where Devimon used as a base. The Diaboromon was extremely weak, it was defeated by Veemon(without even digivolving). Suddenly Millenniumon showed up saying the Diaboromon was simply bait to get Ryo again. With that he apparently split the digital world in two using the mountain.
    The game splits over to Ken who found wormmon in a forest. The game is not clear as to what happened to Tai at this point. It turned out they were in different sides of the digital world. Ryo eventually got to Millenniumon's floating continet where Millenniumon stated that Ryo could not beat him alone.
    While this was going on Ken found a locked door that contained the Digi Egg of Desire, which responded only to Ryo. When the duo saw the egg they were transported to a barren wasteland that apparently was Millennimmon's heart. They battled Millenniummon inside and the battle destroyed his body. The digital world returned to normal and Tai reappeared.
    But then Millenniumon returned to disperse his dark spores to Ryo. Before they could hit him Ken shoved Ryo out of the way and received them himself(That is how he had them in 02). Millenniumon said his power was eternal, like Ryo's with a maniacal laugh.
    There is a scene later that shows Ken becoming increasingly agressive and shows his eventual fall to becoming the Digimon Emperor.
    4-Digimon Adventure 02: D-1 Tamers.
    *This game is probably the most important one for the DA kids, since here is when he develops his disliking of them.
    The game takes off a few days after the last one. It showed Ryo nursing Ken, trying to understand the effects of the spores. Ken then told Ryo about this quiz online for something called the D1 tournament. After almost finishing the quiz he noticed all the questions were some that only he could answer. He was skeptical but finished it anyway.
    When he did, the silhouette of one of the Sovereign appeared and took him into the digital world. He was dragged into a tournament set up by one of the Sovereign. He claimed the other three were evil and were going to try to destroy him. He adressed ryo and the other digidestined saying that the strongest one would partner up with him to fight the evil ones.Ryo partnered up with Agumon, Veemon and Wormmon and fought in the tournament.
    The tournament was divided into five stages. The first one was headed by Izzy, the second by Willis, the third by Mimi(who said she would ask him on a date when everything was over), the fourth by Matt and the final one by Tai.
    Ryo defeated them all and Tai revealed that the entire tournament was a hoax. He did specify that they did not know that originally, but that they all knew he was going to win since this was really training to fight MoonMillenniummon, a bodyless form of his nemesis. All of the digi-destined apologized but Ryo remained silent through the whole thing and did not want to speak to them. He decided he would not allow himself to be fooled like that by anyone else, and he would remain this way throughout his future appearances.
    Ryo traveled to MoonMillenniummon's lair. There he met his nemesis, who explained that he had revived simply to fight Ryo again, that not even the Holy Beasts were strong enough to defeat him. A battle ensued but Ryo was victorious once again. After he was defeated, MoonMillenniummon revealed that he and Ryo were connected like Yin and Yang, that one could not die without the other. He invited Ryo to travel with him through the worlds of time. Ryo apparently accepted and the lair exploded.
    Even though there were many searches everybody considered Ryo dead at that point, the only one who never gave up hope was Ken, but he was already on his way to becoming the Digimon Emperor.
    5- Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer
    In this final game Ryo realizes that Millenniummon, now in his most powerful form: ZeedMillenniummon, was trying to control the universe by attacking it during different points in times. Ryo meets Monodramon and befriends a computer called ENIAC.
    Through many battles it is revealed that both Monodramon and Millenniummon are Ryo's true partner. Realizing that he could not be defeated, Monodramon forged a Jogress(DNA digivolution) between the two and they formed a digi-egg. This digi-egg would eventually hatch and digivolve to Cyberdramon.
    In the end Ryo was given the choice to return to his world(Adventure) or go to a new world(Tamers). Ryo decided to go to the Tamers world and the game concludes there.
    6- Digimon Tamers
    I don't really feel I need to cover that lol.
    7- Butterfly RP.
    This last portion I wil use to discuss some things about Ryo. Since in our plot we are all in the same universe, I can simply cover that up by saying he would go into a different city. Also he remained 14 since he had been in the digital world all that time with Millenniummon. Ryo still has a deep seated hatred for the people who participated in the D 1 tournament but has a strong affection for his new friends from Tamers, especially Rika.
    Ryo unfortunately gets the 'Mary Sure' card played on him a lot and it makes sense in some ways, but once you have read the story involving him, you would see that his immense experience in Tamers is a result from his experiences many years before.
    I would look forward to him working out his issues with the Adventure crew and maybe develop new friendships, even in Tamers he still had the anti social behavior he had established after the tournament.
    Ryo also would never use Monodromon's champion form. He is still afraid that somehow Millenniummon is hiding out in that form so he would never take the risk. Millenniummon is his ultimate fear as well.
    -link

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • first, meta-fiction is fiction in which the author self-consciously alludes to the artificiality or literariness of a work by parodying or departing from novelistic conventions (especially naturalism) and traditional narrative techniques.
    like the ending to deadpool kills the marvel universe.
    ryo might be the player character in the wonder swan games, but he was never the author
    second: for ryo's existence to not be multiversal, would mean that 02 & tri are non-canon. the wonderswan games are not only ryo's back story, but ken's as well.
    -link
    I'd call that definition pretty narrow, and I'm not sure what you mean by that Ryo was "never the author," as I never implied he was. What I was getting at was that the world of Digimon Tamers was specifically written to reflect our own world in 2001 where Digimon was a popular card game and TV show - this broke a lot of kids' suspension of disbelief for Adventure, and deliberately so. A lot of Tamers works as a commentary on the disconnect between the Digimon in the some of the games who exist only to fight and the Digimon in Adventure who are thinking, feeling creatures who live for reasons beyond fighting. It calls attention to the cognitive dissonance required to enjoy both the TV show and some of the games, so I'd call it pretty meta.

I would recommend this site for some interesting reading on Digimon Tamers: link. It's a collection of notes from the lead writer of Tamers, Chiaki J. Konaka. Here's what he has to say on Ryo, emphases mine:
    Chiaki J. Konaka said:
    Even before I had joined the Digimon Tamers team, there was a character that had already been destined to appear in the third season of Digimon. This was Ryo, the main character of the WonderSwan Digimon game.

As Ryo was a very popular character in Japan, the plan was to draw him into the TV series, as well. However, since Digimon Tamers has a very different world view and continuity from the previous Digimon series, it was difficult to figure out how to introduce him.

I let Mr. Motoki Yoshimura handle all of Ryo's character development, as Ms. Genki Yoshimura was the screen writer for Ryo's first episode. Ryo's refreshingly confident personality doesn't exactly contradict the character from the WonderSwan game, but I still feel that it made him uniquely part of the Digimon Tamers world.
    I think this makes it pretty clear that Konaka wasn't too concerned with what parts of Adventure/02 and the WonderSwan games were canon or not. That would also explain why Ryo has family in the Tamers world when in game canon he was born in the Adventure world: Konaka didn't care about the inconsistency. And there's nothing wrong with an inconsistent canon or a divided canon as long as the individual shows/games make sense on their own. It doesn't make you a bad fan or anything to choose to ignore parts of the greater Digimon canon if they don't work. After all, Konaka kinda did that, and he's the best writer Digimon ever had.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I'd call that definition pretty narrow, and I'm not sure what you mean by that Ryo was "never the author," as I never implied he was. What I was getting at was that the world of Digimon Tamers was specifically written to reflect our own world in 2001 where Digimon was a popular card game and TV show - this broke a lot of kids' suspension of disbelief for Adventure, and deliberately so. A lot of Tamers works as a commentary on the disconnect between the Digimon in the some of the games who exist only to fight and the Digimon in Adventure who are thinking, feeling creatures who live for reasons beyond fighting. It calls attention to the cognitive dissonance required to enjoy both the TV show and some of the games, so I'd call it pretty meta.

I would recommend this site for some interesting reading on Digimon Tamers: link. It's a collection of notes from the lead writer of Tamers, Chiaki J. Konaka. Here's what he has to say on Ryo, emphases mine:

I think this makes it pretty clear that Konaka wasn't too concerned with what parts of Adventure/02 and the WonderSwan games were canon or not. That would also explain why Ryo has family in the Tamers world when in game canon he was born in the Adventure world: Konaka didn't care about the inconsistency. And there's nothing wrong with an inconsistent canon or a divided canon as long as the individual shows/games make sense on their own. It doesn't make you a bad fan or anything to choose to ignore parts of the greater Digimon canon if they don't work. After all, Konaka kinda did that, and he's the best writer Digimon ever had.
    now go watch season 6 episode 15 of supernatural, TMNT turtles forever and do a bit more research on the multiple worlds theory cause your clearly not understanding what a multiverse is.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    The multi-world theory is my favorite theory of quantum physics, and is something that I'm obsessed over. I even thought up multiverse theories to explain differences in the canon of something else that I enjoy.

But I can see where Anon is coming from. Because some authors just don't care about the work in the way that the fans do. The multiuniverse theory can not be the correct answer for every inconsistency in canon. Konaka didn't care about making sure every detail about Ryo was kosher compared to what was written before in Adventure, Zero Two, the Wonderswan games. The fans do, and get downright mean about it, as evidenced by your rude post. But it's better to just let fans follow the bulk of the canon and throw up their hands over the parts of it that just don't make sense.

The multi-world theory doesn't really explain how Ryo had a family in both the Tamers world and in the Adventure world in the terms of the canon worlds. There had to have been a point in time for those two universes to create that fact, and yet there's nothing in anything I've read about Ryo (and I'll admit that I spent way too long researching Ryo to have his story make sense only to decide to cut out his character from the story I'm writing because it doesn't make sense) explains how he has family in the Adventure universe and the Tamers universe.

Except for the quote that Anon posted from Konaka: that Konaka doesn't care about the inconsistency. It's just there. Fans are going to have to accept that there's no explanation for Ryo other than "he's awesome to the Japanese people, let's use him to advertise ****."

This fandom, I swear.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    i'm glad jeff is back to voicing tentomon.
    gatomon new VA who is also voicing, meicoomon...
    not sure how that's gonna go. she dose end up voicing acting in a lot of popular stuff as she also voiced toph in books 1 & 3 of LoK, sakura in naruto, CC in code gease, ami/sailor mercury in the sailor moon reboot & the viz media redub, tails in a portion of the sonic games(and tails in the luigi vs tails death battle) lissa in fire emblem awakening , angel in stitch! pepper in ironman rise of technovore and rhyme in the world ends with you. i'm pretty sure she voiced someone in a halo game, someone lucky star.
    but outside of a miki from data squad she really hasn't voiced that much for digimon and the 2 cats seem like a weird choice to me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Kate Higgins?

Actually there's an interesting thing going on here: you have two Tails VOs in the same space (Colleen took over from Kate Higgins since Sonic Boom)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Totally stoked for Digimon Adventure tri. English dub theatrical premiere tomorrow of Episode 1/Chapter 1, "Reunion"! Unfortunately, I can't physically be in attendance, although I hope that the event goes well! {:3}

I'm utterly ecstatic that Joshua Seth is returning as Taichi "Tai" Kamiya/Yagami! ^^ Just a mere preview clip and it's like he never left the English voice-acting industry.. {XD}

On the other hand, I'm utterly devastated that Lara Jill Miller wasn't able to return as Hikari "Kari" Kamiya/Yagami; she was one of my main hopes.. ;-; Her voice is so iconic to me; I even recognized it in broadcast airings of Curious George and SciGirls.. {XD} If it's union voice-acting issues, I guess it's understandable, although still quite saddening.. :/

Nevertheless, many thanks to Eleven Arts for at least attempting to get as much as the original cast as possible! I was worried that there would be way more recastings, although the amount of returning cast is astonishing! Even Tai's mother's English voice actress is returning, apparently! If the absences of non-returning voice actors and actresses are due to logistical/legal issues or the voice actor/actress's own choice, then I'll be able to tolerate it.. I'm still wondering how Matt and TK's English voices will be...apparently, Matt's original English voice actor was still willing to return, and TK's English voice actor is still involved in tri's production yet not as TK..? Well, we'll see, I guess; kind of hard to sort all of this out!

On another note, with the "Eating" preview; Kari's new English voice actress, Tara Sands, is adorable; I could actually get used to the voice! :3 It's so weird that she also does the voice for Yu-Gi-Oh Classic's Mokuba Kaiba and Pokemon's Bulbasaur..
    Mimi, Sora, and Palmon's voice actresses are still as refreshing as ever! It will be a bit hard to get used to Biyomon and Gatomon's new voices (Kate Higgins/Naruto's English-voice Sakura Haruno is Gatomon?! Cherami Leigh is Biyomon?!) - Biyomon had a nice "avian" quality to her voice and Gatomon had a nice "catty/Southern" quality to her voices, but I figure that the new voices may work out over time..

As for the music, although I'm typically more preferential to the English dub music of Digimon, the Japanese music that was preserved in Tai's preview clip sounds rather simplistic yet so catchy/cool/hype-inducing! I will not mind at all if all of it sounds like that! I'm hoping that Paul Gordon and Kōji Wada can receive some sort of tribute for all of their vital contributions to the Digimon franchise..

As for the tri. English trailer preview music, I read the negative reaction to it and was like "Yup...that's a...that's a theme all right!", a bit unsure of what to think of it! XD I like the "Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digi-monn! *insert techno-sounding voice here* Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digi-monn!" bit and the instrumental portion has some potential, although other parts of it could be improved a bit. The introductory part has potential, too, I guess..

In any case, LET'S KICK IT UP (.MOV)! ^^

(Colleen O'Shaughnessey/Villard is Ino Yamanaka and Konohamaru from Naruto?!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Totally stoked for Digimon Adventure tri. English dub theatrical premiere tomorrow of Episode 1/Chapter 1, "Reunion"! Unfortunately, I can't physically be in attendance, although I hope that the event goes well! {:3}

I'm utterly ecstatic that Joshua Seth is returning as Taichi "Tai" Kamiya/Yagami! ^^ Just a mere preview clip and it's like he never left the English voice-acting industry.. {XD}

On the other hand, I'm utterly devastated that Lara Jill Miller wasn't able to return as Hikari "Kari" Kamiya/Yagami; she was one of my main hopes.. ;-; Her voice is so iconic to me; I even recognized it in broadcast airings of Curious George and SciGirls.. {XD} If it's union voice-acting issues, I guess it's understandable, although still quite saddening.. :/

Nevertheless, many thanks to Eleven Arts for at least attempting to get as much as the original cast as possible! I was worried that there would be way more recastings, although the amount of returning cast is astonishing! Even Tai's mother's English voice actress is returning, apparently! If the absences of non-returning voice actors and actresses are due to logistical/legal issues or the voice actor/actress's own choice, then I'll be able to tolerate it.. I'm still wondering how Matt and TK's English voices will be...apparently, Matt's original English voice actor was still willing to return, and TK's English voice actor is still involved in tri's production yet not as TK..? Well, we'll see, I guess; kind of hard to sort all of this out!

As I understand it, Lara Jill Miller wasn't asked to come back. Joshua Seth only came back because he proactively said he would do it. It's cool they got so many of the original VOs back. And I'm assuming Doug Erholtz's voice for TK wasn't what they were looking for, though I don't know why - he did voice adult TK in the 02 prologue. Maybe they were going for something a little like the Japanese version recasting the characvters and decided to just recast half of them as opposed to all of them.

On another note, with the "Eating" preview; Kari's new English voice actress, Tara Sands, is adorable; I could actually get used to the voice! :3 It's so weird that she also does the voice for Yu-Gi-Oh Classic's Mokuba Kaiba and Pokemon's Bulbasaur..
    Mimi, Sora, and Palmon's voice actresses are still as refreshing as ever! It will be a bit hard to get used to Biyomon and Gatomon's new voices (Kate Higgins/Naruto's English-voice Sakura Haruno is Gatomon?! Cherami Leigh is Biyomon?!) - Biyomon had a nice "avian" quality to her voice and Gatomon had a nice "catty/Southern" quality to her voices, but I figure that the new voices may work out over time..

Tara Sands' Kari actually sounds like it could have come from Lara Jill Miler's pre-teen Kari. So they didn't stray too far on that account. Biyomon and Gatomon are a little more distracting - especially seeing as Kate Higgins plays Gatomon similar to how she played Classic Tails in Sonic Generations. I wonder how her Meicoomon voice will come out.

As for the music, although I'm typically more preferential to the English dub music of Digimon, the Japanese music that was preserved in Tai's preview clip sounds rather simplistic yet so catchy/cool/hype-inducing! I will not mind at all if all of it sounds like that! I'm hoping that Paul Gordon and Kōji Wada can receive some sort of tribute for all of their vital contributions to the Digimon franchise..

As for the tri. English trailer preview music, I read the negative reaction to it and was like "Yup...that's a...that's a theme all right!", a bit unsure of what to think of it! XD I like the "Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digi-monn! *insert techno-sounding voice here* Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digi-monn!" bit and the instrumental portion has some potential, although other parts of it could be improved a bit. The introductory part has potential, too, I guess..

As I understand it, the movie proper is supposed to have all-new music. They're not actually allowed to use the old theme at all, and that's because of what went down with Saban in the early 2000s: Saban was bought out by Disney, and when Saban Brands re-established themselves towards the end of the decade and repurchased the Saban properties from Disney, this did not, curiously enough, include the old content from the Saban Music Group library. Disney still has those master usage rights. As for publishing rights, BMG, then known as Bug Music, bought those in 2011, IIRC. I'm assuming had Saban had full control over the music library, some sort of deal would have been made to enable the old theme to return (though they'd have had to use recycled lyrics, as Paul Gordon unfortunately did pass away before tri. came over).

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    As I understand it, the movie proper is supposed to have all-new music.
    I don't know every piece of Digimon music, but I can safely say that the dubbed version of tri kept the original Japanese music. Brave Heart, I Wish!, and a lot of the original Japanese background music played in the dubbed version.

I just came from the movie, and I have to say that it was really surprising how well it was dubbed. A few of the voices took a while to get used to (especially the lack of Doug Erholtz as T.K., because the voice used in the epilogue is permanently in my mind), but it was still great to hear the ones I was used to again.

That's really my only complaint about the movie was the changed voices. Everything else was great. There wasn't the old feel of the dub putting in way too many forced jokes. There was even a few silent moments with no music or talking!

It felt like the cast of the dub realized that the older fans would be watching this, and they targeted it for them. As I said, the Japanese music played in the movie, with Japanese lyrics. There weren't corny jokes. It was pretty much the original tri movie with English voice actors, which made it enjoyable to watch. I could pay attention to Takeru's weird wardrobe choices to more of the visual parts of the movie because I wasn't reading subtitles at the same time.

And I knew that the people watching in the theater were older, more knowledgeable fans. As I was leaving, I walked by a group from the theater, and they were talking about the Wonderswan games. I will say that the theater was not crowded, but it was a good-sized audience for a quiet little anime movie.

After the credits, they played the first five (?) minutes of Confession subtitled.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I don't know every piece of Digimon music, but I can safely say that the dubbed version of tri kept the original Japanese music. Brave Heart, I Wish!, and a lot of the original Japanese background music played in the dubbed version.

I watched it tonight too, and can confirm this. The only music change was for the opening credits, and once you get past that I completely agree that it's a perfectly competent dub.

Honestly, it's far and away the most respectful Digimon dub I've heard (I haven't seen Digimon Fusion, so I can't speak for that one). It's a great compromise between the American names/terminology and the Japanese tone and direction. In other words, it's mostly a normal dub just like you'd get for any show that came out today as opposed to one that came out in 1999 and was subject to extensive adaptation. Not to be hyperbolic, but this is a dream come true for fans who are nostalgic for the dub but wish it were closer to the sub in hindsight. What they really ought to do is dub the movies Digimon Adventure, Our War Game, and (what the heck) Hurricane Touchdown with the same team as Tri so as to right the wrongs of Digimon: The Movie.

And Joshua Seth. I'm not going to say he's the world's most talented voice actor, but he's just right for Tai and you could really tell how much he cares about the role. So glad he came back. The really funny thing is that his voice is more appropriate for this older Tai than it ever was for Tai in the show, same with the delightful Mona Marshall as Izzy.

Really glad I went. I still think Tri's story isn't terribly interesting, but seeing it like this hit me in the feels just like I suspect it did for the Japanese audience.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    i'm gonna have to wait for it to be spread across the internet as i don't have the $$$ to spare on going to a theater and i honestly don't even know where the nearest one is to where i live.
    watched the subbed so i'm content for now, and by the end of the month the last movie will most likely be on every anime site

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Has anybody caught Confession yet? It was... surprising, saddening, among other things.

Spoiler:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    [GOMENNASAI INTENSIFIES]
    They have to stop hammering in the themes of adulthood and maturity so hard, we get it already, growing up fucking sucks. 20 years later, and I am bawling like a child at the thought that the digidestined might really lose their priveleges and the connection to the digimon, once and for all. Like holy shit, I have no feelings for the later parts of the series, but Adventures and Adventures 02 always had that special something, even compared to Pokemon the OS, were the first two season will never be topped and have such a huge place in my childhood, so all this everyone matures and has to grow up talk from a continuation of such a big thing for me all these years later is just too much to handle.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Don't forget that Toei have said that the ending of 02 is still canon. So we know everything will turn out fine and the 02 kids will get rescued in the end.

Spoiler:

Also, poster for "Loss" showcases Hououmon vs Machinedramon:

La-cuarta-OVA-de-Digimon-Adventure-tri.-se-estrenara%CC%81-el-25-de-febrero-682x1000.jpg

Last edited:

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Don't forget that Toei have said that the ending of 02 is still canon. So we know everything will turn out fine and the 02 kids will get rescued in the end.

Spoiler:

Also, poster for "Loss" showcases Hououmon vs Machinedramon:

La-cuarta-OVA-de-Digimon-Adventure-tri.-se-estrenara%CC%81-el-25-de-febrero-682x1000.jpg
    looks like gatomon is no longer the only one of the original 8 digimon with a holy ring.
    i doubt thats the original Machinedramon from the big 4 as it & kimeramon fused into millenniummon.

i figured that wasn't ken, but i wonder if thats actually gennai though.
    it could be benjamin, jackie, hogan, jose, or illya.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I just watched the new one, and I was honestly impressed. It's much more focused than the first two were--it doesn't meander as much and it's starting to tell its own story. That scene with TK and Patamon where
    Spoiler:
    was especially good; it had an honest tension that was missing from the first two, and it stirs emotions through what's actually happening in the moment as opposed to just relying on the viewer's nostalgia.

As for where the story is actually going, I'm not going to guess or even speculate. So many shenanigans happening that nothing would really surprise me. I'm just going to wait for the next one and enjoy the ride.

In case there was ever any doubt, the best time to be a Digimon fan is right now. February can't get here soon enough! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back