• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] New Opening Theme, "Getter Banban" by Tomohisa Sako,

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Hard to hear the song with the preview of the 5th gym battle, which i don't understand why they showed that and why Serena and Bonnie were not in it. Unless they were the two talking when Iron Tail was stopped.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    The most intriguing part of that opening (and it was a good one all around) was the kid with the Kimori literally following in Satoshi's footsteps near the end. I wonder what that's all about.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    1:17. WHO IS THAT? I'd love to know who that guy is. :)
    It 95% not but i hope thats Max from hoenn :)

Let me guess , There will be a episode where Ash & Gang will met a Prof who giving Hoenn Pokemon to new trainer and that Boy is one of those '''New Trainer'' .
    The episode will be focusing on Ash helping that Boy to chose his 1st pokemon.
    Well, as long as Ash doesn't get his ass Kicked by him .

Honestly , The Opening would be even cooler if its was a Cute Redhead Ponytail Girl with Torchic instate off a nerd with Treeko following Ash.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    1:17. WHO IS THAT? I'd love to know who that guy is. :)

0:56 Are you Ready for Goomy?
    ARE YOU READY for Sliggoo!?
    ARE YOU READY FOR GOODRA!!!???
    YES WE ARE!!! >: )
    I would love it if it was but the new kind while interesting is kind of creepy. I Think he will be an important character though. And i would assume max would have ralts with him. Anyway like the new opening, not sure if it's my favorite though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • New opening is great. I liked how Ash had a new trainer following in his foot steps. And it looks like they he will play a pretty big role. As for it being Max, I do not think he is. His looks have changed greatly.

However, I am surprised they didn't show Serena's new look in it.

With Goomy evolving so quickly, I wonder if it will stop listening to Ash for a little. That is what happened with Charmander and Swinub.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2015
    New opening is great. I liked how Ash had a new trainer following in his foot steps. And it looks like they he will play a pretty big role. As for it being Max, I do not think he is. His looks have changed greatly.

However, I am surprised they didn't show Serena's new look in it.

With Goomy evolving so quickly, I wonder if it will stop listening to Ash for a little. That is what happened with Charmander and Swinub.

I think Ash is skilled enough to have it obey him. While he might not have more than 3 badges I would think real life rules would over take game rules. Or at least I sure hope that would be the case. Granted a mad Goodra who does it's own thing would be funny since it looks so silly seeing one get mad would be interesting XD :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • yooooo i love the song

and it's so cute omg looks like the ash and clemont relationship will be more focused on like not just the gym battle but overall and ofc the new kid is intriguing eeeee hype

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I have to say that , The New Opening is not nearly as a good as other Anime Standard !
    This opening simply tried to hyped us with the most predictable upcoming event.
    The only hyped part of this Opening was that Mysterious Boy Following Ash's footstep.
    There is nothing else to be hyped about .
    We pretty much know about Ash's future Gym-battle with Clemont , Goodra !
    There is no point of using Gym-leader in the Opening to hyped us because we already know about them !
    Pokemon Game is extremely Popular So Kids already know all the Gym-Leader ! Even if They didn't played Game , They can learn all about them from Internet .
    So There aren't any surprise in showing the Gym-leader , Instate The Opening could shown some Anime exclusive upcoming rival to hype Fans !
    Because Rivals are Anime exclusive So there is no other way to know anything about them without watching The Anime ! So its hyped Kids to watch the show .

Question : How would you feel if the Opening shown Some upcoming rivals in place of Upcoming Gym-Leader ?

Like this Opening--

Hopefully , The second version of this opening will showcase upcoming rivals to hype fans .

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't know if rivals would hype fans or not unless they are older rivals, but I see want you mean. Imagine if Gary or even Paul decided to show back up. But I have to agree, much rather would have seen rivals instead of the 4th and 6th gym leader.

And some people think that the new kid is possibly Max. I don't this this being the case as the art between old Max and this new character is completely different. Although the hair color and some of the clothing matches indirectly. And Max did say that he would have picked a Treecko for his starter. But if that was Max, 2 years would have had to pass because I think Max was 8 in the anime. Which I don't see this happening, not to mention Max was shown in a flash back at the end of Unova along with everyone else with their updated looks, I think. (Not really a flashback, more of a remembrance of his friends) I will have to look back at that episode.

Everyone, but Misty has their updated clothing on. Which I don't understand much unless that is just how Ash remembers her as.

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • 1:17. WHO IS THAT? I'd love to know who that guy is. :)
    )

I didn't liked Max at all, but I stil hope it is him!! (I didn't like him but if he got a pokemon... I like the idea of old characters coming back Brock where are you T_T )

I loved when we saw a "new" trainer with Treecko at the end, it is a good hint to ORAS!

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    Perhaps the person following Ash is actually going to be the new Protagonist for the new anime for gen 7? I know it's a little far fetched but as we saw Ash is walking away and then the guy who is following Ash's footsteps stops because that's when it's his turn to create the footsteps?

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    The very first time I saw the opening, that exact thought occurred to me (and I unfortunately ended up getting my hopes up...). The imagery of Satoshi and Pikachu alone walking into the distance leaving glowing footsteps behind, and the kid literally stepping into them, does lend something to that idea. But now I don't really think so. I'm thinking that if the anime did want to reveal a new main character for a future series, they wouldn't give him a Pokémon tied to a previous generation. ORAS is only going to be relevant as long as Gen. 6 is. Nor do I think he'd pop up now, when XY is only into its second year, and Satoshi still has five (soon to be four) badges left to earn.

I do like that there's going to be a character tied to Satoshi and, whether or not he ends up being a rival or just a new trainer trying to learn from him, I hope XY can use him to make Satoshi's journey more interesting. He desperately needs something to do other than challenge Gym Leaders. It'd also be nice if the fact that he has a Kimori could be hinting at a certain other Pokémon that's a part of that evolutionary line, that Satoshi just so happens to have back at Ookido's lab...

Back