• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello Everyone.

Years
  • New to the community. Have been playing Pokemon off and on and only recently have been really going at it. I even went as far as selling some old items to buy two GBA SPs and two copies of FR for me and my daughter and I have another FR and LG/R/S/E coming in some time this week. (Reason being, it was on a massive sale for all 5 copies and I couldn't pass that up).

I have a bit of a bet going with my wife and myself that I can capture every single pokemon between the games and get them all on my current 3DS game. Wish me luck! Lol.

Years
  • lol that's one hell of a bet, but that's just me personally, mostly because I can never motivate myself to capture all the Pokemon + complete the Pokedex. ;___; Sounds like a lot of work!

But welcome to the forums, Kato! Like yourself, I'm mainly on and off, mostly because I'm waiting for a Pokemon game to really kinda get me in the mood for enjoying the games, again. X/Y was decent and OR/AS was really cool, but it didn't really produce that excitement because the post-game wasn't really to my tastes and i found it to be disappointing (not spoiling anything but just my opinion!!).

Hope you stick around, and do participate in the various Pokemon discussions here, I think you'd have a lot of fun in those threads. n_n

I know exactly what you mean, which is why I'm starting with FireRed and LeafGreen because they're remakes of what got me into pokemon in the first place. Hopefully I can re-create the nostalgia and keep it going through all the titles. I've only actually beaten the original red blue gold and silver games. I had X/Y but I traded them in and got Omega and Alpha because I didn't realize how late in the game I was trying to come in.

Years
  • Much luck! You can do it. :D; I'm glad to see people of all ages playing Pokemon, seems like there are a lot of older players nowadays with the sixth generation coming out. Plenty of people got back into the swing of things with X/Y and the nostalgic OR/AS.

Welcome, Kato! Good having you on PC. The Hoenn remakes are pretty amazing and include some nice things that X/Y didn't have which I'm sure you'll have fun with (contests and secret bases are insanely addicting and quite nostalgic, haha). See you around. ^^

Back