• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A friend in need

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
Years
  • Hello, I'm looking to make a team for casual battling to be the best at my school and in my area, but I can't seem to put together a good team. Could someone suggest some good pokemon for me?

I've already decided to use these pokemon:
    643.gif
    w/ TurboBlaze
    Item: Rocky Helmet
    Moves:
    -Outrage/Dragon Pulse
    -Blue Flare
    -Fusion Flare (Wish it was called Cross Flame, so much cooler)
    -Psychic? (Unsure about last move)

644.gif
    w/ TeraVolt
    Item: Ring Target
    Moves:
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Bolt Strike
    -Fusion Bolt (But I liek Cross Thunder America? Y u no liek?)
    -Crunch? (unsure there)

497.gif
    w/ Contrary (I SWEAR to god I did NOT hack that, it was an egg)
    Item: *Currently None*
    Moves:
    -Frenzy Plant (Cuz its obvious)
    -Leaf Storm
    -Dragon Tail/Solar Beam
    -Aerial Ace/Sunny Day

BTW, I do hack pokemon, but only for aesthetic purposes, I never change any natures or stats, but I wanted to let you guys know, so I don't get **** about it. Or the legendaries, I only have a maximum of two at ANY time whatsoever when battling.

So yeah, advice would be nice for my last 3, but I'm trying to avoid too many pokemon from one Gen, I'm kinda peeved about having 3 5th gen pokemon as it is.

So yeah, if someone could help me with my last 3, I'd love the advice.

EDIT: I really need to remember my items they have. It'll be the end of me.

Last edited:

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • Give Reshiram Shadow Ball over Blue Flare, and give Zekrom Zen Headbutt over Bolt Strike. I just don't like the 85% accuracy on Blue Flare/Bolt Strike.

Give Serperior this set:
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Dragon Tail
    -Aerial Ace
    Switch into something it can set up on and Swords Dance up, then hit with anything that's Super Effective. Stay away from moves like Frenzy Plant that require a recharge, as opponents could screw you over by taking advantage of you being frozen for one turn. Jolly Nature here for Serperior's already decent Speed stat.

Since you have 2 Dragon types, people are going to be targeting them with Dragon and Ice moves, so a Steel-Type that resists Dragon & Ice is a good idea.

One of my favorites is Scizor with the Technician Ability and this set:
    -Bullet Punch
    -U-Turn
    -Superpower/Brick Break
    -Pursuit/Swords Dance
    STAB + Technician makes Bullet Punch a 90 Base Power Steel verison of Quick Attack. STAB + Technician Boosted U-Turn for switching when you need to, then a Fighting move and Technician-boosted Pursuit in the final slot to hit Pokemon switching out. You could opt for Swords Dance instead of Pursuit if you'd like. Don't forget to give Scizor an Adamant Nature.

Last edited:

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
    Years
  • Umm.....I should let you know I had Leaf Storm for a reason. I managed to get an egg from Wi-fi that had a Contrary Snivy (I swear I didn't hack that, even though I do hack, but it should say it's only for apperances and the occasional replay).

As for Scizor, I doubt the one I have would be good for that, and I don't think I can find a Scyther as easily. I do think it's a good idea, just probably not for my game set. Got any other ideas for a good Steel-type, they are pretty dang good.

And for Reshiram/Zekrom, Blue Flare/Bolt Strike is their 2nd Sig move, That's why I would prefer to keep those on there, although I have thought about changing Blue Flare as it 1) isn't pretty to look at and 2) it is innaccurate. I fixed the Bolt Strike problem with a Ring Target I forgot to put on the post. :P

Also, would this be a good additon to add?

475s.gif
    w/ Steadfast
    Item: *Currently None*
    Moves:
    -Close Combat
    -Psycho Cut
    -Night Slash
    -Psyshock

Last edited:

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • The reason I'm getting rid of Blue Flare/Bold Strike is because they just aren't needed.
    For your movesets, try to hit as many types hit for Super-Effective damage as possible. Only 1 or 2 moves need to have STAB. 2 if the Pokemon has 2 types. It's also why I'm getting rid of Leaf Storm & Frenzy Plant. You don't need 2 Grass moves.

That Swords Dance Serperior is much better than your set.

For Scizor, just use Poke Transfer to send Pokemon from your Gen IV games. You can catch Scyther in the Bug Catching Contest in HGSS or in the wild in Platinum. You do need 2 DS's for Poke Transfer, though.

And if you hack pokemon, just use PokeGen or PokeSav for your team. I prefer PokeGen for hacking pokemon, though I do try to make them as legal as possible.

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
    Years
  • Same here, except PokeSav is my program of choice, but the thing is, I don't like hacking pokemon into my game. It just feels........wrong. And I could never find a Scyther ANYWHERE. I literally had to get a friend of mine to find one for me in FR/LG to get a Scizor.

Also, Contrary reverses stat moves like Leer and Growl, making them have the opposite effect. Instead of decreasing stats, Contrary will make moves like Leer and Growl INCREASE stats.

Back