• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favourite locations in Unova?

Years
  • So, what are your favourite locations in the Unova region?

Whether it'd be cities, towns or other landmarks, which ones always gave you that beautiful atmosphere or captured the region's image well? And do share your thoughts by expanding on your posts since I love hearing your opinions rather than just a simple quick one-liner.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    There are so many fun and lovely places in the Unova region. I love most of the locations, but I would like to highlight the following places:

Pinwheel Forest - I love this forest a lot, I really do. I say it's my most favorite one, the atmosphere, the soundtrack. It's completely an ideal place for me to stroll.
    Humilau City - As a Water-type expert myself, it isn't really strange to see myself attached with beaches and oceans. The laid-back atmosphere and the soundtrack are icing on the cake.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think I have some places that I enjoyed a lot.

Aspertia City. The one and only starting city up to this point, it also has a nice Pokémon Trainer School (and a Gym inside), a pretty good lookout in the mountain which is also beautiful, especially when it's in Spring season where it's full of trees, and it's pretty big as well! The music fits quite nicely, too.

Marine Tube, the place in between Undella Town and Humilau City. I enjoyed it a lot because it's cool that I can see underwater Pokémon without need to use Dive and all, it's just like Sea World at some point, that I like to visit it from time to time. Oh, and you can see a huge Wailord there, too!

White Forest, when it was in original White. I personally find it feel like... an open forest of some sort, and I enjoyed the fact that I can find and catch wild Pokémon there as well. The music is pretty catchy, which also captures the image of the White Forest as well.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • The Marine Tube, without a doubt. Definitely one of the highlights of the region. And I've always been fond of Reversal Mountain too. It's got a really good design, I can just feel the temperature going up as I enter it haha. I love Victory Road too. The music is the most epic I've heard out of all the Victory Road themes so far ^^

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Castelia City is my most favorite due to the high skyscrapers and I loved how the 3D buildings looked like for this game.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • This choice is very easy for me as only one place truly struck a chord with me and that location would definitely be the great Village Bridge!

This place just really resonated with me as it just so homey and has such a quaint feel to it. Its the kind of place where everyone knows everyone's first, middle and last name and their favorite color, ice cream, Pokemon and so on. Its also just so cool to see a small town i the middle of a route. It was such a nice relief to have a place to relax for a bit after an arduous road and an even more arduous road ahead.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    That has got to be Nimbassa for me, the ferris wheel and the roller coaster and the stadium and OMGG.. I enjoyed laughing at the Pokemon Musical, haha!

Years
  • My favourite place in Unova is definitely Village Bridge. As vsich4 said above, it's like an oasis in the metaphorical desert of the long difficult trek between Lacunosa Town and Opelucid City. And the music, oh, the music. I've been known to leave my character standing on the bridge for several minutes at a time as I listen to the track — beautiful in its raw form, and simply mind-blowing with the flute, guitar, beatbox and vocal parts. Speaking of vocals, I'm fairly certain "Village Bridge" is the only vocal track in the main series games?

The lyrics apparently translate to:

I am a geezer standing in the dusk, mesmerized by the gulls.
    I am a geezer standing in the dusk, mesmerized by the gulls.
    Gazing fixedly into the blue sea, I bemoan with shed tears,
    as I yearn for the lovely gulls soaring above the blue harbour.

Yeah, I love Village Bridge, and I love its music.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2017
    lostlorn forest, twist mountain [black 2], icirrus city, opelucid city, village bridge, lucanosa town, route 10, reversal mountain, undella town, pokéstar studios, the dreamyard, driftviel city [black], pinwheel forest, giant chasm and the relic castle.

pokémon black and black 2 had such lovely places to visit and explore.

Years
  • My all-time fave areas are Humilau City and the Marine Tube, because of my love of Water Pokemon and they capture the sea so well. But going by locations present in B/W as well, I would definitely mention Nimbasa City and Castelia City due to being big areas with lots to do.

Years
  • My most favorite location has to be Victory Road. The way it was set up with the different levels, sliding pathways, and outside and inside Pokemon made for an appropriate challenge right before reaching the Elite Four.

Related to that, my next favorite is the Badge Check Gates on Route 10. We hadn't something like that since Generation 1. I really like the different environments representing each Badge and its types and the evolving music track as you progress.

Then, to finish off my three favorites, Nimbasa City is the last. I really like the attractions it had like the Battle Subway, the stadiums, and the merry-go-round. It's probably the city I've visited the most in Pokemon Black.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Route 10 was probably my favorite location in Unova, mostly because of the music. I just loved the track with all the clapping and accordions (?). Sadly it never appeared in B2W2, because of a landslide (WHY?). I loved the route in general, and I can't stop thinking about Bouffalant when I listen or even hear of it.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • My all-time fave areas are Humilau City and the Marine Tube, because of my love of Water Pokemon and they capture the sea so well. But going by locations present in B/W as well, I would definitely mention Nimbasa City and Castelia City due to being big areas with lots to do.

Do you try to do everything in those big areas? o:

Sometimes I forget or can't keep track ;__; haha. </3

Years
  • Do you try to do everything in those big areas? o:

Sometimes I forget or can't keep track ;__; haha. </3

I do try and do a lot of the stuff, like Nimbasa's Musicals and Big Stadium/Small Court battles. They do get addictive after a while hehehehe

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Castelia City was my favorite location. It kind of reminded me of Tokyo.

inksplashed-heart

mimikyu stan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I loved the Village Bridge, too! It's such a relaxing place to go. I imagine that if my character ever wanted to settle down, that would be where she'd go. Or maybe if the BW main character ever wanted to come back, they'd go there too. And maybe waitress a bit at the sandwich shop.

I like the Pokestar Studios, as well. It's funny (and a bit sad) how all those people outside are talking about how good you are at acting and how much they like your films - and they never recognize you!

Back