• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Sunnygold and RainySilver newsthread

Years
  • Hello everyone,

As some of you know i've been working on rm2k3 fangames formerly known as Sun and Rain versions. I decided to revive my project and give them the name SunnyGold and RainySilver which are, as the name suggest, remakes of the Pok?mon Gold and Silver games. As a result...I had to begin from scratch, so don't begin to ask about demo's, because I don't want to rush it this time as I did with my old games. I'm on a very early stage (ummm. let's say, making maps and code the events in New Bark town/Route 29) so it will take some time before i release a demo.

Features:

Boy/Girl: Choose between the original characters from G/S/C (Kenta/Marina) and those of FireRed and LeafGreen.
    CBS: I will be using the group CBS, so If i need some support I will contact the team who is busy making it.
    CMS

and all the other features will be seen in the first demo I will release....;)

Sharpedo.

P.S.: I need a Charset from the G/S/C girl. Does someone know where to find it. Thnx. BTW I will release the first screens tonight, so stay on touch.

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
    Years
  • In the old resources thread, you'll find a charset of Marina, made by rm2k3kid, so credit would go to him. Anyway, good luck with this game!

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    How are these? from my gold/silver/crystal remake thing
    attachment.php

Years
  • Thnx for all the help to you guys. Sure I will give credit to him;) I want to put alot of time in the development of this game. I need to combine it with my school though.

Years
  • The first screenies

Sorry for the double-post, but I have the first screen for y'all of SunnyGold/RainySilver. It's New Bark Town with all the characters who walk almost identically like the originals;)

Enjoy.

Last edited:

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
    Years
  • That looks exactly like Yamichi's New Bark Town. I hope you asked him and I hope you give him all the credit for that.

Years
  • Yeah i know. But I already thought that you would see that, but I mean it wouldn't mind that much, because i think all the New Bark town people would create would look like this, but he can be sure i'll give credit;)

EDIT- I changed New Bark alot. The houses are changed and the ground has changed;) I'll edit the old screens I posted

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Nice to hear you post in a while though. How've you been using your time since then?

Years
  • RMXP+New Screenies

Sorry for the double-post,

I have decided to make my game in RMXP, because you have more tiles in a tileset and I can almost use one chipset to make the world. I also wanted a new challenge by trying to understand the Ruby language script.

I also made new maps. These are the maps I have so far:

-New Bark Town
    -Route 29
    -Cherrygrove City
    -Route 30
    -Route 31
    -Violet City
    -Route 32
    -Ruins of Alph
    -First floor of the Union Cave
    -Route 33
    -Azalea Town

Here are also a few screens.

So enjoy;)

EDIT: Credit for the tileset of Johto goes to Fangking Omega;)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • The maps look good but the colors are off. Although that may be down to the fact that you used .JPG's instead of. png for the screens.

Years
  • this looks good, but dont listen to the people taht say you rip stuff form people...i mean theres only so mayn ways to remake a town...if you use the same tileset as someone else, then tuff luck, it has to look the same as theirs unless they made it "unique". but most the time if you make it exact remake its gonna be the same.

anyways very well done so far, i hope soemone will finish a rpgmaker pokemon game soon...i remember when the whole hype started of making them and no one finished games, seems like we are all in a better direction now.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • Great to hear from you Sharpedo (aka Ken_Rosenburg). :) Anyways, good job so far! Screens look pretty good!

~Jeff

Years
  • Ilex Forest screens!!! with tint effect:D:D

@Jeff: hey you registered too here? I'm Ken_Rosenberg at Booda's Forums, but here you can identify me as Sharpedo.

Anyway. I got these 2 new screenies for you. It's Ilex Forest with the shadow effect you had in the gameboy games. I'm planning to use the tint as well for the day/night effect of my game.

Check them out.

Sharpedo.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • Yup, it's me! :)

Anyways, the pics look great! The night/day effects seem to look like the original pokemon games. So, keep up the good work!

(I gave you a little error report on BSP)

~Jeff

Back