• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Alolan Persian Sighted

blue

gucci
Years
Good to see some different artwork of it, but I still don't know how I feel about the design. It certainly isn't as bad as the likes of Alolan Diglett or Dugtrio, I just feel like they could have done it muuuch better when it comes to a Pokemon like Persian.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Super disappointed .... Persian had so much potential, and they had to made is head look like a balloon or something :/ It's so ugly .. ughh. (not as bad as dugtrio... the thing doesn't even make sense). I'm glad they chose to show us, in the trailers, the best Alola Forms.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I'll be honest. It doesn't really bother me. As long as we get an explanation why Alolan Forms are how they are, they don't bother me at all.

I have never been a fan of Persian, so this didn't really concern me too much. I honestly didn't think they could make it much more different than it already is.

It would have been nice to have gotten more Alolans than 18, but it is still possible some may not be unlocked till we get the National Dex, in which case, couldn't be datamined.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Alolan Persian is awful. They pretty much ruined everything that made Persian good. Why didn't they just change the color and leave it at that? The other Alolan forms have been okay, but this one was very poor.

Years
I honestly do not mind Alola Dugtrio. It's based on sirens who call sailors toward rocks to cause their ships to wreck or be stranded. Does it look silly, yes. But at least it is not entirely boring and makes some sense.

Alolan Persian is just boring and ugly. The worst of both worlds. Sure, it is pampered and overindulged, but why just a fat head? It could have designed around gold and jewels (featured in the original designs) and designed around the idea of an over-indulgence and luxury but instead it is just insanely ugly AND boring.

I'd give it 1/10. By far my least favorite pokemon design of gen 7.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
It does look like Garfield!

Slightly strange design idea. It looks weak nd sick. Poor Persian.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 6, 2023
I was disappointed at first, and I still think Game freak could have done something so much better. But somehow its starting to grow on me, it looks really goofy and as a number of people said above it looks like Garfield, which I loved as a kid. I was probably disappointed more at the fact I wanted to have it on my team, but at the moment it would look so out of place.

Tbh it's concept art looks much better than its 3D sprite. I wouldn't mind if they taken the sprite out and replaced it with the art, even if it looked totally unprofessional. XD

Years
I don't feel any hesitation in saying I think it's the worst thing we've seen in Sun and Moon.

Persian was always a bland looking Pokemon so I had hoped for an improvement of some kind when we got the Meowth reveal. I thought that they could only improve on it. I was wrong.

Also, Alolan Dugtrio is fabulous.

Karous

Captain Obvious
Years
a61b7b99c0dbb78bff8962c34663beb0.jpg
+
ee701005569e368007cca21726964631.gif
=
alolanpersian.jpg

?????

That being said, can't be shocked with the result given Alolan Meowth's already lazy design

MKC

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 2, 2023
This one is certainly the worst looking Alola form so far... A fat Persian could have been really cute, but that inflated head on a normal body makes me feel kind of uncomfortable...

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Well, looks like I'm with everyone else and I also don't like it. But then, I didn't like the new Meowth much either so I wasn't expecting it to have a good design.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Persian had the potential to have a really pretty Alolan form. Sort of like what they did with Vulpix and Ninetales. Even Meowth looks pretty nice, but Persian is disappointing. Probably because its body looks nearly the same as always, but it's like they got lazy drawing the head and just drew a huge circle and called it good.

Back