• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legend of Dragons

What should the Name be???

• Pokemon Calcite

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • Pokemon Legend of Dragons

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • Pokemon Dragon Adventure

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • i can help i am doing my own hack and i figured out how to do the title screen

I'd prefer if I was PM'd about these things instead of you posting. PM me.

well its nice to see this hack again. I hope we can coninue to see awesome results. so far I really like this one, and rightfully so you are a really good hacker. the only things that could use some improvement, in my opinion, are the pallates of the trainer backsprites and the title screen. as for the sprite Esmas made, no offence, but it looks kinda funky. like he just took may's sprite, recoloured the torso, added a new side bag and redid the hair. I like the hair it great, but if I'm right in thinking, that the female haracter is supposed to resemble Marley then it just doesn't look quite right.

I'm pretty sloppy with colours and palettes. I think too logically so I'm terrible at picking colours and spriting. I need to fix the marley backsprite's palette's, that's only temporary palette because it hasn't been changed yet.

I don't mind the may/marley trainersprite(maybe because I can't sprite). IF more people start to say it doesn't look right, I'll change it.

Okay, today I've been trying to change the World Map with MX's tutorial with not much luck. I've got one little update, some tiles from the WAH site.(Look at the trees)
    LegendsofDragons_01.png

I'll start changing some more tiles as I find more time and one good thing to say, I finish school next week so, there should have a lot of time to be working on this.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Ya mastermind X's tut is really hard and it made me confused,
    But I like the changes in the trees,
    Its looking good thethethethe

~Celebi

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
  • wow

hmmm this idea has been used a few times but not many people see hacks through anymore, mainly because most of the gba roms crash under to much edits, But as you got a team its looking pretty good so far and really think you could pull it off and finish this hack, few sugestions tho, ive made many hacks none complete coz get distracted by runescape =D , if you overload your rom with to many maps from scratch and make your own map banks just be careful where you place them, few times ive ended up making a new map bank then having it right next to like cities n stuf and u hav to go editing map placements n stuf its a hastle, try to be as careful as you can, also careful with maps, whilst editing like the black squares chek what they are on other pallete banks because could end up glitching other palleted,

hope what i have said has given you some help, im a pretty good mapper and can do basic scripts but not realy into hacking atm to busy with skl, life n rs, otherwise would of offered to help, but yea, good luck with this, you will encounter problems like glitches its going to happen whatever, just dont give up and fight the glitches =D

Ill check up on this in a week or so keep at it, nice job all round.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I have failed to stay in touch with PC because my computer won't let me come here.

Thethethethe, I am really glad to hear that LOD is back at last.

As always, I wish you the best of luck!

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    I'm really exited! i just can't wait till the next beta.
    I just hope you won't rush anything.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Glad that Legend of Dragons' thread is back, and nice to hear some updates, even though they are mainly palette changes, and some minor tiles changes.

Seems like the intro will contain Rayq vs Chari, judging the palettes changes on Gengar and Nido, hmmm, it'll be interesting to see how it'd look (once it's done)

Well, a lot of stuff to fix yet (specially, the female trainer's backsprite!), so keep working on the game. Good luck!

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I can't wait for Beta 1 on this hack, I was wondering which Dragon Legendaries will be available. I mostly care about Girantina though.

In addition if your gonna put Lati@s in this game maybe put Alto Mare in, Alto Mare is South-west of Azalea Town which is reachable via ferry in Cherrygrove City (according to a promo map).

Also maybe Larvitar as a 3rd starter? I know Larvitar and friends are not Dragon types, they are dragon-like.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    They could be considered the "dragons" of the second gen...

Also, isn't Tyranitar classified under Dragon?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    No they also have classifications...

If I remember right, the Treecko Line is classified under Dragon as well

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • No they also have classifications...

If I remember right, the Treecko Line is classified under Dragon as well

If you mean Breeding group, thats a non. it belong solely to the Monster breeding group

On topic, I do like the new trees, and because I forgot to say it in my last post I really like the Marley OW sprite. its really good. keep it up

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I do sense that thethethethe will have something special for a Larvitar, since his fav. PKMN is Tyranitar...

We will just have to wait for what's he planning to do. :D

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • No, the starter should be Horsea, nuff said >.<
    Meh, do whatever...

Oh, good luck with the worldmap tut, thex4, it's not easy, so be calm, and it'll work ;)

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • i agree with you zel, the thrid should be horsea, but theres a good reason to, dratini is lance's main pokemon, bagon is drake's(ethe e4 guy) main pokemon, so its only fair to have clarie's main poke which is horsea, all three of these people have become great pokemon trainers using dragons, so yeah.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    I actually think that gible should be the 3rd starter because it is a 4th gen dragon and it says that thethethethe is gonna add it if u look at the list and its forms and if you look at serebii.net horsea isnt a dragon type its only a water type.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I love the idea for a Horsea as a starter, zel!
    Spoiler:

I also agree with pkmnmaster69. And, for Horsea to evolve unto it's final form, thethethethe should edit it's evolution sequence (since Seadra evolves to Kingdra only by trade :/)...

Oh well... Keep it up, thethethethe! Wishing for the best! ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back