• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU Team Wee

Years

Team At A Glance

Spr_b_5b_473_m.png
Spr_b_5b_638.png
Spr_b_5b_251.png
Spr_b_5b_350_m.png
Spr_b_5b_229_m.png
Spr_b_5b_482.png

In-Depth Look

Spr_5b_473_m.png

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge

Mamoswine has been a great lead so far in my day of playing UU. it does enough damage to cause some switches with the opposing team's lead with it's massive base 130 Attack. And if it's around later in the game, can come in and hurt some stuff and revenge certain threats with Ice Shard.

Spr_5b_638.png

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

This thing has been surprisingly good so far. It's fast enough to taunt all kinds of things, which is wonderful for when I'm playing a Shell Smash team. just switch Cobalion to lead when I see that it's SmashPass and Taunt their screener, which is usually Uxie, so I outspeed it.. Also helps with things that come in, knowing they can eat at least one hit and T-Wave me, only to be taunted and then have to leave since whatever it is is now useless. I really didn't think Cobalion would be as useful as it was attack-wise, but it hits hard enough to dent things. and it basically stops Hail teams dead, so that's nice.

Spr_5b_251.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 240 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Leaf Storm
- U-turn
- Recover

I really wasn't sure what to put in the last slot for the team, but Celebi came to mind. It forms a wonderful defensive combo with Milotic and spreads around paralysis. Not much else went into the decision here.

Spr_5b_350_m.png

Milotic @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Recover
- Haze

The main part of my defense against Shell Smash teams. If I don't feel like sending in Cobalion early, which is most of the time, Milotic comes in when they stat up, at which point they either Baton Pass or sub up. either way, they're getting Hazed. HP Grass lets me break the sub as they Shell Smash again and then Haze again. As long as Milotic is alive, Shell Smash has a hard time with me.

Spr_5b_229_m.png

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 SAtk / 180 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Overheat
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Fang

The anti-Victini pokemon. I normally let Victini attack first to see if its Scarfed or Life Orb before I switch Doom in, so that way I know what to do with it. If it's scarfed and stuck on V-Create, Pursuit it, leaving it dead either immediately or on the switch-in when it takes another 25% from SR. Life Orb gets Sucker Punch'd as it switches to a different move since it's main means of attacking is useless now. Also eats any and all fire attacks that come from sun teams and those aimed at Cobalion, and then shoots off an even stronger Overheat. This is normally a ScarfDoom, but I'm testing out Life Orb to see how it goes. Outside of Victini, it doesn't do too much.

Spr_5b_482.png

Azelf @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

The main man of the team. I've loved this thing since Gen4, but going UU in Gen5 gives it new life. It outspeed pretty much everything in UU and hits real hard. It gets a 2hko on Eviolite Chansey, which is it's main threat. +2 Shadow Ball should OHKO Deo-D if I did my calcs right. This thing hits HARD and sadly, I think it'll end up being banned soon enough.

Conclusion

While I like the team, I know it isn't perfect. Outside of Ice Shard and Sucker Punch, it lacks any kind of priority, but the two sweepers are fast! Doom doesn't do much except counter Victini, so if there's something that does the job while being useful, I'm all ears on that. Other than that, I didn't really notice too much that cause me problems, Kyurem behind a sub can be trouble, but I can take care of it if I can take the sub out and get in Cobalion or Azelf when the sub is down.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
You can consider Scald on Milotic if you want to burn your opponent as you attack. You can use Dragon Tail over Haze if you want to deal damage while forcing a switch, which erases the opposing Shell Smash boosts.

Why is Azelf Hardy? It doesn't have physical moves, so Timid is the best way to go. Remember that Psyshock targets the opponent's Defense while working off of your Special Attack.

Years
I meant to change Surf to Scald on Milotic next time I went on PO. Dragon Tail doesn't go through Subs, so I'll stick with Haze. Azelf was supposed to be timid, I just forgot to change the nature apparently. lol

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
You say that you like bringing Cobalion after screens are up and Taunting then to block the Shell Smash. If that is the case, I would change out Close Combat for Sacred Sword to help hit through reflect. The power drop will be seen but I think it could be worth it.

I don't know too much about UU, so I'll just leave it at that.

Years
yeah, I wrote that horribly wrong because that's not at all what I do lol. With Cobalion when I use him to stop SmashPass, I just lead with him and Taunt their screener to screw the entire thing, not what I actually put.

Back