• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where can I learn Essentials?

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
  • A long time ago (In a galaxy far, far away), I've looked up how to make a Pokemon game. This led me to Pokemon Essentials, I looked into it and I wanted to learn how to use it. So I was wondering, where can I find a good scripting tutorial, or at least just the basics?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2017
    I learned about Essentials the same way you did! A good video tutorial is this one. It taught me basically everything I needed to know.

Another thing I did was go on CodeAcademy.com and take some courses on Ruby, the coding language running the game. Hope this helped!

P.S: The Pokemon Essentials Wiki is also very helpful! Good luck with your game!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I gonna suggest CodeAcademy.com and Pokemon Essentials Wiki, but TheTrain2000 was faster. When you are more advanced and wish to make scenes on Essentials, look into this tutorial.

Back