• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Help us work on a better slogan"

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    this website told me to "Help us work on a better slogan, Those Who Die Die"

me thinks the best slogan would be "PokeCommunity: have it your way" :D

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Would it be possible to remove that specific welcome message? I actually considered starting a thread like this a couple of days ago after seeing that one.

Sadly, it seemed quite legit.

Also, would it be possible to disable specific welcome messages, but keeping the ones we like? That one "Gary was here (USERNAME) is a loser" along with a couple of others really bug me for obvious reasons.

Thanks in advance!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Would it be possible to remove that specific welcome message? I actually considered starting a thread like this a couple of days ago after seeing that one.

Sadly, it seemed quite legit.

Also, would it be possible to disable specific welcome messages, but keeping the ones we like? That one "Gary was here (USERNAME) is a loser" along with a couple of others really bug me for obvious reasons.

Thanks in advance!
    The option to turn off the randomized greetings does exist, but not to the point where you can disable certain ones, and not others. It's an all or nothing scenario. Keep in mind that the messages are all fun, and no one's actually insulting you!

Last edited:

Bliss

Years
  • The option to turn of the randomized greetings does exist, but not to the point where you can disable certain ones, and not others. It's an all or nothing scenario. Keep in mind that the messages are all fun, and no one's actually insulting you!
    Lol thanks for the reply, and I know. It's just that a couple of them are quite annoying.

Logging on and seeing "Lady Prixy is love. Lady Prixy is life." several times per day gets a bit old lol.

But there are several that I really like as well. Just got to wondering if there was an option to disable certain ones, or if such an option had ever been requested.

If not, I'd like to suggest it right now lol.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I don't know much about programming , but I think giving the ability to choose one to disable might require a bit too much work, but I don't know it could be possible. But they probably should remove the "Help us work on a better slogan, ________" one since it's probably confusing to new users who don't know our slogan IS "We're still working on a better slogan."

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • The option to disable specific welcome messages sounds really over-the-top to me, haha. I mean I know that PC really likes customisability but I feel like the line has to be drawn somewhere. We're drowning in options as it is.

If it really bothers people though I'll remove that particular one.

Bliss

Years
  • I don't know much about programming , but I think giving the ability to choose one to disable might require a bit too much work, but I don't know it could be possible. But they probably should remove the "Help us work on a better slogan, ________" one since it's probably confusing to new users who don't know our slogan IS "We're still working on a better slogan."
    Yeah, I only know a tiny bit about programming, and I knew fully well that it would require massive amounts of effort to very little effect. Still, it never hurts to ask!
    The option to disable specific welcome messages sounds really over-the-top to me, haha. I mean I know that PC really likes customisability but I feel like the line has to be drawn somewhere. We're drowning in options as it is.

If it really bothers people though I'll remove that particular one.
    I don't think it's a question of being bothersome, I just wonder how many times we will see a thread similar to this one as a result of that specific welcome message.

As Kouzan said, it's probably quite confusing to new members who might take it literally. I nearly did lol.

Slightly off topic: "LADY PRIXY IS A MONSTER COACH" I don't really understand that one. Is it a derivative of Pockie Monster and Pokemon Trainer? Just got to wondering.

Yukari

I agree with those who say it could be confusing. We could see multiple threads on the same topic in the future. You know, like how we used to see a thread asking for ROM Hacking help every several days.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Slightly off topic: "LADY PRIXY IS A MONSTER COACH" I don't really understand that one. Is it a derivative of Pockie Monster and Pokemon Trainer? Just got to wondering.

It's from a translation of Pokemon Crystal from Vietnamese, where it was nearly unrecognizable. Silver says "I AM A MONSTER COACH, THE FIRST MANKIND ALL OVER THE WORLD."

I vote we replace it with "We're still working on a better (name)".

Bliss

Years
  • It's from a translation of Pokemon Crystal from Vietnamese, where it was nearly unrecognizable. Silver says "I AM A MONSTER COACH, THE FIRST MANKIND ALL OVER THE WORLD."

I vote we replace it with "We're still working on a better (name)".
    Thank you for that explanation and LOL I second this! "We're still working on a better Lady Prixy"

Too funny!

Back