• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Two become one! Absofusion!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Black 2 and White 2 is the first and so far only time in Pokemon where 2 Pokemon are fused into one Pokemon (which the game refers to as Absofusion). Through use of the DNA Splicers, you can fuse Zekrom or Reshiram with Kyurem in order to get one of these powerful beasts:
646-black.gif
646-white.gif

What did you think of this little concept? Would you like it to return in a future game, or would it be better to keep it as a one time thing? Would you like to see them take it a step further and fuse all 3 Tao dragons together? What do you think about Kyurem's fused forms?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
White Kyurem will always have a special place in my heart. Sure, it looks slightly overdesigned, as in they put too many awesome features on it, but that crazy special attack and movepool compliment each other so well...

Now, to the topic. I liked how this was implemented. It was something new to me, and a great way to bring light to an otherwise underrated Pokemon.

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
Years
I personally liked this, as it was pretty much the first "boss" Pokemon of the main series(can't be caught during main story, must KO it to continue). When and if we get Gen 5 remakes in the year 20XX, and we get, say, a Grey Version or something like that, the main legendary could possibly be all 3 dragons combined. If it functioned like it's counterparts from B2/W2, then we could have one epic boss Pokemon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I would prefer it to be a one-time thing, since it was pretty odd and gave Unova something unique. I thought the concept was pretty cool because it gave Kyurem more of a purpose instead of being that "empty shell" and "the third member of the trio." Makes me wonder what the fully combined version would look like.

I liked facing it without being required to capture it during the storyline. Granted, it was pretty easy to take out, but I do have 6 Pokemon and there's only one Kyurem, so there isn't a whole lot Gamefreak can do to make it more challenging.

Years
This was a really cool idea, because Kyurem definitely left something to be desired at the time of BW, and the fusion used to turn it into a much stronger Pokémon was very cool, especially since it can use Zekrom and Reshiram's signature fusion moves. I like White Kyurem more personally, it does look rather over-designed but it has amazing Special Attack and more to utilize it with.

But it's not something i'd be desperate to see again, Kyurem was one that needed it most, but if it happened again in the future I wouldn't mind it.

Years
I liked this form change concept, it was something really interesting at the time of its introduction. Kyurem always felt like it wasn't "complete" but then you can give it Zekrom and Reshiram's powers (in the form of the duo's signature moves Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare) but also gains new moves in Freeze Shock and Ice Burn.

As for the design, I like both forms but Black Kyurem is more cooler in my opinion. It's also pretty cool how it gained such an immense boost to its stats (in fact their BST is only second to Arceus, not counting Megas) and gave new light for Kyurem on the competitive scene. I would like to see another case of Absofusion in a later generation but I still think that it should be exclusive to Kyurem just to give Unova unique significance. I'm pretty fine with either.

Back