• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So that's where I am!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • The town map is often an item that can be obtained early game. It shows the locations of all towns and landmarks in the region. In Kanto it is an actual paper map, but in other regions it's a digital device, part of the PokéGear or PokéNav in Johto or Hoenn respectively. Do you ever use the map?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Nah, I don't really use it, I know where I am either becuase of HM02 fly or because...well...when you arrive in a city/town, it says its name.

So nah, I don't really use it. [/s]I can imagine it would be super useful if Pokemon was real life :P [/s]

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Scarcely. I occasionally will when learning a region, but for the most part it goes completely unused... especially once I get Fly.

Years
  • I almost never use it unless I'm hunting for a roaming Legendary Pokemon and it changes its location every time you enter a new town/route.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I've actually never found much of any use for the town map, unfortunately. The one instance I can think of where it does prove handy is in the large bodies of water in Hoenn around Sootopolis, Mossdeep, and Ever Grande City, because it's hard to tell where you are at any given time. This is especially true at Route 132 - 134 to the west of Pacifidlog Town, where the whirlpools are constantly sweeping you from one place to another.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    For the most part the regions are very easy to memorize, so I don't ever really get lost. The only times I need it are if I want to fly and more recently if I want a rematch in ORAS.

Years
  • Not really. Maybe if I'm coming back to a game after a while of not playing it? But even then, just bumbling around and figuring out where to go (or where I've been before) tends to serve me better than actually looking at the map.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I rarely do, for some reason it was difficult for me to navigate Sinnoh region before. I really needed the map's help. :3c ^^

Years
  • I do sometimes check the map, but I don't use it as much these days given I'm now more familiar with the layout of the regions than when I was younger.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    The one instance I can think of where it does prove handy is in the large bodies of water in Hoenn around Sootopolis, Mossdeep, and Ever Grande City, because it's hard to tell where you are at any given time. This is especially true at Route 132 - 134 to the west of Pacifidlog Town, where the whirlpools are constantly sweeping you from one place to another.
    This is when I've used the Town Map as well. That area of Hoenn gets confusing because it's just water, and with the whirlpools, I'm never sure where I can end up. When I was playing OR, I kept the map open on the bottom screen to glance at so I could keep track of where I was.

Other than, I don't use the map. Maybe once in a great while, but usually I know where I am in the game.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Actually I do use it occasionally. Not because I'm lost, though sometimes that's the case and in Gen IV you kinda NEED the map if you're looking for Fake Sinnoh. When using the map if you look at towns and such it gives you a brief description of the area and I always thought that was neat.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've never used it, even when I was little and sort of wandering about. The gameplay is so linear it's not as necessary as it is with other RPGs.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • The only "map" I use is when I use fly. Sometimes, however, I do use it just to remember exactly where I am on a route, and how much farther until the nearest city or something if I need to heal.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Honestly no, never used it, i just use only fly to go to different towns as i know the layout of the games...........

Years
  • I use the Maps, mainly to refresh my memory of where the Move Tutor or such is as the descriptions can be very useful, especially early on in a game or if you haven't played for a while.

Back