• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did Red and Yellow eventually hook up in the manga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I looked for a manga discussion forum- couldn't find it, so I guess I'll just post this topic here. i think it's ok.

So yeah, anyway- topic title pretty much says it all. I'll be honest, I haven't been following the manga at all, but I brushed up on the events that went down with Red and Yellow, and I'm pretty convinced that they eventually hooked up, as they got older, which I'm sure, will never be revealed. But let's just consider why I believe that it happens...eventually, shall we?

So starting with the "why?" Why would I even consider such a pairing? Surely it can't be canon...can it? Well, putting the fact that they'd make a downright adorable couple; there's the fact that could be taken as forshadowing. Yellow's Pikachu and Red's Pikachu mated and produced an egg- which hatched into Gold's Pichu- which was named Pichu by Yellow, from combining the first part of Red's Pikachu's nickname; "Pika", and her own pikachu's name, "ChuChu" thus creating the name "Pichu".

Then there's the fact that through Yellow's adventures, she shares a lot of moments with Red, and frequently borrows his pokemon. Yellow's first pokemon is a Ratatta that Red helped her catch; Yellow finds and heals Red, who became unconscious after his battle with Giovanni; her starter is Red's Pikachu, that traveled with her, while she was searching for Red, after he goes missing; she had memorized all of Red's pokemon pokedex entries; which, I'm sure, gives her greater insight to Red as a trainer; ans what kinf of trainer and person he is- since his words of raising pokemon in a kind, loving manner, with a strong heart, was left imprinted on her; she was able to channel Red's Pikachu's energy to unlock even greater power inside of it; which shows the depth of her bond with Red's pokemon; if not Red, himself.

Personally, I certainly wouldn't mind if GF dropped a few references, or even better, created an entire game around Red and Yellow as adults and seeing whatever kid they had offscreen on his (or her) pokemon journey in a new region (like how it's implied that Wes and Rui from Pokemon Colosseum has Michael as their son, who's the protagonist in XD )

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You mean the PokéSpe/Pokémon Adventures manga, I assume. Some people around here get stingy if you call it "the" manga, since there are tons of pokémon manga. But it's alright, haha.

Yeah, I think this pairing is rather obvious to anyone who has truly read the first 6 sagas of PokéSpe. It's as close to canon as you get, after Saph x Ruby I guess. At some point in the G/S/C arc it's even hinted that Misty is jealous of Red's friendship with Yellow, because she was interested in Red but realized that he wasn't for her, or so I've interpreted it. Also, isn't Red astonished by the fact that Yellow is a girl at the end of G/S/C? Moreso than the others were. That's a funny point, that he still thought she was a boy and just a good friend throughout the 2nd and 3rd sagas.

I think Red is, on purpose, made a little oblivious. Yellow rather obviously has a thing for him, or at least a deep admiration that is bordering something more. But he doesn't completely notice, not even after it's revealed that she is a girl, from what I remember. It's got partly to do with the manga not being made to be romantic - it's more about fancy plots and dramatic battles.

We don't, canonically, know what happened after the Emerald saga. In the D/P saga, the previous dex holders are mentioned, so we know that it's set after that. I haven't finished reading the HG/SS saga so I don't know if they are seen there, of course :p However, I think it's unlikely that the creators would actually show them as a couple in the manga. I was surprised that they let Saph express feelings for Ruby. But happily surprised! Diamond didn't really express that he had a crush on Platina, did he? But I think he did have one :3

By GF you mean GameFreak? I think it's even more unlikely that they would make a game based on PokéSpe. Even an anime is more likely! And if a game ever was to be made, it would probably not be by GameFreak, as they are only the creators of the main series from what I know. The spin-offs exist in somewhat different universes and are made by other companies.

Also, to clarify, it is perfectly okay to make threads about manga stuff in this section~! But if you don't feel like making a whole thread and just want to chit-chat, use the List & Chit-Chat thread.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I could easily see it become canon towards the end of the series, but meh. I prefer Red and Green to be honest.

I will admit that they make a cute couple, but their age difference bothers me. D:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Red was 16 in FR/LG and Yellow was 14. In D/P/P they are likely even older since they are referenced there. I wouldn't call 2 years a meaningful age difference in any way :p

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I prefer Red and Green to be honest.

Nah, I don't think Green suits Red. I was about to say Blue and Green but now I think about it that makes less sense than the first pair xD I don't know, there's something about Green which bothers me and stops me from pairing her with either characters, but I'm not sure what.

Red and Yellow makes perfect sense, I mean their Pikachus had a freaking egg together haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Can't we transform this into a general pokéspe manga shipping thread 8D

If they really brought the old dex holders back in future sagas, it would be pretty cool if they let them be grown up, or at least closing in on 20, and some having hooked up for real. I could support Yellow/Red in that case. I always found Lance & Yellow's interactions to be one of the more interesting, but if there's anywhere age difference makes things less attractive to think about, it's probably there :/ Grantedshipping.

is a devote Crystalshipper

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Red was 16 in FR/LG and Yellow was 14. In D/P/P they are likely even older since they are referenced there. I wouldn't call 2 years a meaningful age difference in any way :p
    2 years differenc is nothing. Age doesn't matter when it comes to love, anyway, unless it's on a pedo level where Red's 80 and Yellow's 14 or something. X Then, yeah, there'd be a problem. XD
    Speaking of age, even though he hasn't made an appearance in awhile, I want to think Red is somewhere in his early 20's by now, if we're following game timeline. He'd probably be same age in the manga, too?

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Nah, I don't think Green suits Red. I was about to say Blue and Green but now I think about it that makes less sense than the first pair xD I don't know, there's something about Green which bothers me and stops me from pairing her with either characters, but I'm not sure what.

Maybe Silver and Green 'cause of how it was revealed during the G/S/C saga that they were put together after being kidnapped by the Masked Man?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This thread is considered dead since there has not been a post for almost a year. Feel free to create a fresh new thread on the subject if you like, but please try not to revive dead threads since the people in it might not be interested or even here anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back