• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Pokemon History Theories

Years
    • He/Him
    • CT
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    So recently I was looking up something involving the underwater ruins in pokemon white and black, and it mentioned some history, along with roughly how long ago they were. One thing jumped out at me: the relic items found there are 3000 years old. For those who remember, this is the exact time set for AZ. If you don't know who that is, beat pokemon x or y, then return.

This got me thinking that the ruins and AZ's actions most likely coincide, in which case, his actions changed more than his region. Couple this with hints at Reshiram and Zekrom, especially in the garden...it makes me wonder if the war between the brothers was the cause of AZ's actions, and if so, might explain why the two dragons reverted to stone (to not die). If that is true, this may have impacted other regions. Some examples include the regi's, locked away in caverns, or the lake guardians hiding away.

In total, I wanna know some theories on the historical timeline of pokemon, how each region intertwines, how they could lose track of each other's existence. AZ's actions would be a great explanation of this, since worldwide pokemon death would cause the people, who relied on them heavily before technology, to be unable to do what they could before, and lose track of each other.

This is speculation, but it interests me, and I wanna hear other's thoughts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2014
    So basically, AZ (Is that pronounced "As" out of curiosity, or A Z?) caused a worldwide wave of destruction activating the ultimate weapon? Interesting theory, I'll say.

Years
    • He/Him
    • CT
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    It makes you wonder.

After all, black and white is hinted at nature vs technology. What if the brothers foresaw AZ's destruction, and while one wanted to stop it, the other saw it as the progression of technology, since until that point, it seems pokemon were the solution to everything. There's a million ways it can be interpreted, and that's why I wanna hear more. I only see my path right now

As for his name, I think it's just something he took. The beginning and end, A and Z, since he was king and killer. Idk, his name is just weird

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't think that the war AZ (I've always pronounced it like "as") was the same one the twin brothers were involved in. IIRC, Unova was founded as a nation 2500 year ago, not 3000 years ago. Not to mention it was a civil war, so there was little reason for other countries to be involved.

Years
    • He/Him
    • CT
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    Possible, but the Abyssal Ruins, definitely holding the relic items, are said to be 3000 years old, so even if the civil war hadn't had an effect in Kalos, that coincides. Theories also state that 2500 is when the castle sank into the desert, at the height of that civilization, which founded Unova, but the Dragon spiral tower and the brothers are stated to be before it sank.

It would be awesome if someone could make a timeline...I'll attempt. List all the major historical events, flow them together...

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Wow. You got to it before I did >:(. I was actually looking more into this and wanted to construct a timeline based upon it. I can help out.

The Abyssal Ruins, when translated, talked about a king and how he protected his people. It was also the host of the Ancient Artifacts, which for some reason sold for alot of money, as in a combined total, was about 500,00 pokebucks to 1,000,000. Odd.

Now it talks about a king. But AZ's brother, was NOT a good king. It said greed begun some sort of war. Now back to the Abyssal Ruins, not only were the artifacts found there, but also every single Elemental Plate. The same ones Arceus uses...

But you can't find Arceus in Generation 5. So why would they have them there. You can't sell them to that one mainac. So it can have you wonder about how those plates can be connected to AZ's brother in a way. Did the king have Arceus and used that to protect people? But that's as far as I got. Hope that helps your research.

Years
    • He/Him
    • CT
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    Combine that with the gold palace. Who needs an entire palace of gold? A greedy king. Thanks, I hadn't even thought of that!

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Actually it is possible to assume that the creation of the regions(or at least the findings of eachv region) follows as so:

Sinnoh > Hoenn/Unova > Kalos > Kanto/Johto

Okay so let me explain. Using information found on Bulbapedia, it states that Arceus created Sinnoh, as well as Pokemon themselve, or Mew, who was the ancestor of all Pokemon. During this time, the Golems(Regirock, Registeel, Regirock and Regigigas) as well as the Hoenn trio AND the Lake guardian, created the Pokemon world and Humans alike, as human traits are most likely stemming from the Lake Guardians(Azelf, Uxie, Mespirit), as they represent something realted to human nature which is Knowledge, Emotion, and Willpower.

So Sinnoh came first. Arceus's desendants, Palkia, Dialga and Giratina, watched over the world as it was. It is shown as the Golems, Lake Guardians, and Creation trio are found in Sinnoh. But that is when the grudge between Kyorge and Groudon began. Their fighting created Hoenn and Unova, by using their Primal Forms. So we all know that Kyorge and Groudon migrated to Hoenn and fell into rest, leaving their Primal States behind them. But everything isn't as Black and White as it may seem(see what I did there :))

Unova was created, but it was far more suitable for the legendaries to live in, as at this point, Humans were overpopulating in Sinnoh alone, which as History tells, pretty bad for people. People need space. So did the Golems and Lake Guardians.

The Golems and Lake Guardians ended up migrating. The Lake Guardians going to Unova and the Golems going to Hoenn. There they slept for some thousand years until something happened and BAM Kalos was created(I still have yet to piece this together). In Kalos, there was a boom in Pokemon species and had plentiful resources.

Of course, humans are greedy so they move here from Sinnoh. A more centralized organiztion was established, with the Parfum Palace symbolizing some sort of Monarchy. Here the followers of AZ's brother, the king and the people in some sort of Pokemon War for Independence. We all know the tale, AZ uses his weapons and in a literal since, ****s up everything. Pokemon species died, which explains the low quantity of Kalos Pokemon in XY, hint hint and the Monarchy is abolished.

Soon after ancient Pokemon migrate to Kanto and Johto, like the birds, the Tower duo, the dogs and the Mew duo. Afterwards humans population migrated and spread, civilizations wete built and the Golems and Lake Guardians continue to migrate between Hoenn and Unova, and ultimately stopped at Sinnoh before the events of the games begun. Then the events of the games follows the timeline:

Kanto/Hoenn > Johto > Sinnoh > Unova > Kalos

But that in hindsight is just a theory. But that's my spin on it.

Back