• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Makin a game: need development team

elf

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2005
    Hello, I am making a new pokemon rm2k3 game...and i am looking for a development team. This game is nameless right now but i would like to have all of the basic elements of a great pokemon game. I need people for the following: make a battle engine, make a custom menu, help me with maps and what not. All of the development team has a say in the plot of this game. It would be great if you had AIM so that we could all talk about the plot and what not. Thank you.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • : How should I go about making a team to help work on the game?
    A: First, you should have some work done already. You should probably have a basic demo out, some screen shots, or anything to prove your worth. No one is going to join a team (especially the best programmers/artists) who have no idea what they're getting into, let alone the ability level of the person they're working for. Don't ask for a dev team if you've done nothing yourself; what that's like saying is that everyone does everything, and you get your name tacked on in the credits. Needless to say, this isn't fair.
    Taken from the FAQ stickied thread. You need have a decent amount of the game done yourself before you try to aquire a team to help you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Yes, I could help you, and visa versa, for mutual benifit on both games, (Yours and POTW), but, I'd like to see what you have right now, what is your experience, etc...

elf

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2005
    Thank you, I have been working with all of the rpg makers for about 2-3 years. If you could tell me your e-mail and/or your AIM screen name, I could send you over what I have so far. I am having a little bit of trouble creating a cbs...but I have created a custom menu...kinda. I am abput %20 done with maps.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • elf said:
    Thank you, I have been working with all of the rpg makers for about 2-3 years. If you could tell me your e-mail and/or your AIM screen name, I could send you over what I have so far. I am having a little bit of trouble creating a cbs...but I have created a custom menu...kinda. I am abput %20 done with maps.
    Oh, If you've got something done you should post screenshots, that'll provide something to show that you are capable of leading a development team, thus people would be more likely to help.

elf

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2005
    ok, I will post some screen shots soon. It is Crhistmas and i will be back in 3 days. I will post some shots up then.

Back