• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What name do you give your Player in Pokemon Games, your real name or some other name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    In all Pokemon games that I play the name I give my character is usually Silver. There have been some times where just to change it up I would use another name like Nova as well.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • I always name my character "wave." That's not my real name, as you can probably guess (it's not even capitalized). I don't know why, but I've always felt uncomfortable using my real name in games.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I use the same non-real name every time I play. It started out as a mistake (it was what I named my starter, but when I restarted Red, I didn't notice that I was naming my player character and not my starter, for whatever reason), and it stuck. I use it in all video games, actually. I like to think of it as my gaming persona/alter ego.

Bay

Years
  • Pretty much all the games I use Bay since I'm lazy to come up with other nicknames. Never used my real name, not sure why except perhaps most of my friends in this fandom know me by Bay.

Starlight Latias

I use different names for the most part, Ellie is one of my most used, Terra is my Alpha Sapphire and is one of my favorites though!

Years
  • The majority of the time I go by my gaming persona of Luna but from time to time do use my real name :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    RegalSin as always. RegalSin since around 1996 or 1999. However that name was based of another name.

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I make sure to change my name by every game, so that I'll feel like a different person each time, setting on a unique adventure for the very first time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2016
    It varies. For a standard playthrough, my own name, but if I plan on naming my Pokemon after a theme, my player name will reflect that, and if I'm doing a solo-type run, my character will have a name relating to that type.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I haven't named a character after myself in a long time. Usually I default to Stella and/or Elsa, though have used some other random ass names in the past.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • I kept my name NISH in silver (my first pokemon game) and used the same name in yellow (which i played after pokemon silver) and then Red and then emarald.. and this custom continues even today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back