• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Ruinous Games (M) [OOC&SU]

Years
The Ruinous Games

History
Ten years ago the five different regions of the World were united in a very vicious form of entertainment. There were twelve districts among each Region that all had a singular purpose. Fire, Water, Grass, Psychic, ect. Each purpose was stemmed by the Pokemon that resided there.

Each region held their own personal form of The Ruinous Games.

It was an event held each year that required twelve young men and women between the ages of twelve and eighteen to fight to the death.

The only reason this awful event was pressed upon the districts was when district 13— Electricity in the Unova Region had rallied up on unfair treatment brought on by the Capital. The weapons that district had created with the power of Electricity almost crashed the Capital to the ground, but the numbers were unevenly matched and therefore, every district had to pay for 13's mistake.

President Mew-Two saw to that.

The event is taken place in an Arena of the Capitals choosing. Some believe the arena is randomly drawn and others believe that the arena is based on the tributes fears and skills.

Up until the tributes enter the arena, the process takes up to two weeks. First, the tributes are to be on the train moments after saying goodbye to family when they are then shipped off to the Capital. Then they meet their stylists, their team. The Chariot Rides come next as their main stylist outfits them into representing their districts Legendary Pokemon.

Interviews are next. They are individually with the host being Kerris Young, she has been the host for the past twenty years. Once each tribute has been interviewed, they begin training for the arena. Two weeks of this and then evaluations begin. The tributes show off their best skill and to do this, they face a Pokemon that they must defeat. Kill or knock unconscious, it is the tributes choice. This process is to be shown off to the game-makers that decide what the arena is going to be.

The scores of the evaluation is then broadcast worldwide which evidently brings in Sponsors. Sponsors are a constant source of survival in the Games. They give money – sometimes resources if they are desperate – to the mentor of said tribute, the mentor then sends in a parachute which will give the tribute the item they need.

Once the tributes are in the arena, things get tricky. The real point is to see death by another, and even though the odds are that most tributes are known to die of natural causes than actually being murdered, the Cornucopia bloodbath at the start always delivers.

The Cornucopia is a base of sorts and where the tributes start. Weapons and Pokeballs are held inside the Cornucopia. Bags are around the outside for the ones that wish to run and most likely survive.

Pokemon do reside in the arena and in the bags, they are three empty Poke-balls. If you wish to catch them permanently or befriend them temporarily is entirely up to the tribute. If you catch them with the Poke-ball, the tribute that survives may keep them.

Only one comes out of the arena. One. Their family is therefore protected from further Games and held in the Victors Village in their district. They get endless supply of food and hot water. The money they have is enough to survive in the Capital. The tribute and their family is treated as winners.

Victors.

Districts & their Legendaries
1. Fire - Entei
2. Rock- Regirock
3. Psychic- Lugia
4. Water- Suicune
5. Electricity- Raikou
6. Steel- Registeel
7. Grass- Shaymin
8. Bug- Celebi
9. Flying- Moltres
10. Normal- Regigigas
11. Ice- Articuno
12. Ground- Zygarde
13. Electricity (deceased)- Zapdos

Sign-Up (SU)
Full Name:

Sex: (F/M)

District: (1-12)

Appearance: (Descriptive paragraph that consists of 6 lines or picture is acceptable)

Personality: (At least 6 lines.)

History: (eg, how did the uprising of 13 affect your family, do you have siblings, if you parents are alive – what are there jobs?)

Pokemon: (Do you see a Pokemon from the Cornucopia that you will like to reserve? If so, state here.)

Cornucopia or Run?: (I will allow only ten people to make it to the Cornucopia and only four to stay.)

Theme: (Does your character have a song or score?)

Tributes
District 1 -
District 1 - Chocolate™ Reserved
District 2 -
District 2 - tyler1616 Fredrick, Run
District 3 -
District 3 - manadhon Reserved Oliver, Run
District 4 -
District 4 - <Challenger> Matthew, Run
District 5 -
District 5 - tyler1616 Steve 'Shiv', Cornucopia
District 6 -
District 6 -
District 7 - LuxrayHacker Asa, Run
District 7 - LuxrayHacker Josh, Run
District 8 -
District 8 -
District 9 -
District 9 -
District 10 -
District 10 - Chocolate™ Reserved
District 11 - LuxrayHacker Reserved
District 11 -
District 12 -
District 12 - gio7sm Austin, Run

Pokemon

Available from Cornucopia
Fletchinder
Panpour
Grovyle
Eevee
Joltik
Riolu
Trapinch
Cranidos
Liepard
Espurr

Wild Pokemon
Litleo Taken by Asa
Charmander
Pansear

Lombre
Buizel
Shellos

Bulbasaur
Pansage
Skiddo

Shinx
Electrike Taken by Steve 'Shiv'
Emolga

Mankey
Timburr
Pancham

Taillow
Spearow
Pidove

Sandshrew
Krokorok Taken by Matthew
Drilbur
Taken by Austin
Deerling
Girafarig Reserved for manadhon
Buneary

Rules
1. The usual RP rules
2. Be active! I want this story to progress in a normal fashion but do not want this rushed either. Even if you only have a paragraph to offer, write it!
3. No bunnying/godmodding without permission.
4. I will be writing a brief description of each stylist/mentor for your District. You may control what they say and do. Stick to the personality traits.
5. When it comes to the interviewer, I will list out questions that he/she will ask your tribute and it is up to you to act them out appropriately.
6. You may obtain your first Pokemon however you see fit, however when it comes to your second and/or third, you must ask my permission.
7. Tributes and Pokemon will die. This is an M fic, so to keep it from going MA keep the graphic low.
8. Weapons are available at the Cornucopia and I will list them when Tributes enter the training facility. No guns/firearms of any kind.
9. Romance is allowed, but there is no Peeta/Katniss variation. Only one comes out. Remember that. No smut.
10. Please have fun :)

Soundtrack
1. Lorde – Glory and Gore
2. Nick Nolan – Get Started
3. Snow Patrol – The Lightning Strike
4. Imagine Dragons – Who We Are
5. Red – Let It Burn

(A/N)
There is only one winner. I will do a random draw to see who lives and who dies for that day/week. Usually, there is a bloodbath at the Cornucopia so many do not actually make it past the first day so I will allow you to have up to three different characters (please be willing to say goodbye to them) so you can still be in the story while sacrificing secondary characters.

If you do not win this time, I am completely prepared with many new arenas and Pokemon up for grabs for the next Ruinous Games. This will not be the only RP for this story!

May the odds be ever in your favour.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I...I see Red...I also see Imagine Dragons...Must...Not...Make...Choice based off of music! GRAH! IT'S TOO LATE! PUT ME DOWN AS A POSSIBLE RESERVE!

Full Name: Matthew "Matt" Reynolds

Sex: Male

District: 3

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Matt is essentially a tinkerer. He likes to play with everything mechanical, be it the newest engine the Capital created or a simple pulley system. His building skills are phenomenal, and his constructions could be considered artwork, provided he has the time to build them. He can build a lot of simple, but effective machines quickly. His weapon of choice...Well, he'd rather run than fight, but if it came down to it he would use whatever he had to outsmart his opponent. Socially, Matt is a wreck. He has little, to no contact with the rest of the world if he has anything to do with it. He views those who aren't as intelligent as him and believe me, he's really smart. he may or may not turn into a condescending jerk, but he knows when not to pick fights. Matt is internally a good person. He can make selfless decisions and such, but he will do so regretfully. In all honesty, he just wants to make it home to his family. Is that too much to ask?

History: Matt was born a simple child in District 3, but the simplest children were considered smart before the revolution. He was raised to be a tinkerer, a factory worker, and a brain. He grew up normally for the first four years of his life thinking that his world was the only world that mattered to anybody, but that idea was quickly scrapped when he turned six. His innocence was lost when his parents died during a factory bombing by the rebels, and it devastated him. Once the rebellion ended, he wasn't quite the same fidgety, hyperactive nerd. He was still fidgety, hyperactive, and nerdy, but he just wasn't the same. He spent the next few years working on his studies and skills even more so than usual, becoming the top of his class. Matt received reward after reward from his District leaders, and soon he would be offered a job as the head of a factory. Surely nothing could go wrong!

Pokemon: If possible, I'd like Krokorok.

Cornucopia or Run?: Run faster than Usaine Bolt.

Theme: Red's Feed the Machine (Thanks :p I'm gonna be listening to them all week now!)

Last edited:

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Please put me on reserve.. but, are you a pokemon.. or a human... and, if you have pokemon... how does that work

Years
<Challenger>

I will put you down as reserved! And no problem, I have been listening to them quite a lot lately, haha!

tyler1616

Will do so, you are now reserved! I have put you down in District 1 until you make your choice.

As a tribute, you are human. I probably should have stated in History that owning a Pokemon is unheard of. Pokemon had scattered into their rightful territory. Which is why, when a tribute becomes a victor, they may keep their Pokemon. But, many families that caught Pokemon before the Ruinous Games came about were allowed to keep their Pokemon.

In the training facility where Tributes are allowed to show off their skills, there will be many opportunities to fight alongside Pokemon and learn the different commands.

Once out in the Arena, it is up to you to catch the Pokemon. If you are the Victor, you must capture the Pokemon with a ball to be allowed to keep it. But you may just befriend Pokemon out in the wild and, if the Pokemon is willing, they will cooperate with you. It is completely up to you, as the tribute, to decide how your story will go on.

Last edited:
Years
Full Name: Josh

District: 7

Appearance: Spiky white hair with a scar on my right eye like this (|) right down the middle got it from a peace keeper when I tried to steal food to feed my family. I'm about 5'9" medium build not too skinny but not overly buff. I have purple eyes. I have fair skin but I'm no white boy.

Personality: I am a solo player. I do not like other people I will team up only to survive. I spend most of my time in the forest reading in the sun. I'm pretty lazy I have a lax nature but don't let that fool you I am a bit psychotic and a huge pyro. That brings us to my weapon of choice... FIRE I will burn anything if it catches. The flick of the lighter calms me. I dream of one day getting out of here. Seeing what lies beyond the gates of district 7. Is it truly all deadland like they tell us or are there towns and cities out there that don't have these games. God why did I have to get picked? I am going to miss my girlfriend so much. But hey at least I have a reason to fight... a reason to kill to make it back to her. And I swear if I get out of here my first stop is the capitol I WILL kill mew-two.

History: My older brother Jake died in the uprising along with my dad. My mom takes care of me and my sister Lexia all by herself. I work out in the lumber yards to try and feed my family but it's not enough. Since the war there is barely enough food to feed us I can't even count how many days I've gone without food.

Pokemon: No

Cornucopia or Run?: Run like hell

Theme:

Last edited:

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Name: Steve "Shiv" Neemy

District: 5

Appearance: Steve has the attire of a modern gangster. He stands at 5'11 and weighs 150 lbs. He has decent sized muscles and tree trunks for ankles. (Not literally). He often dons a white shirt of some kind and huge black claf shorts, the usual attire of his gang. He has a lightning bolt tattoo on his back and a scar on his left cheek. He has big hands and size 15 feet. He wears yellow shoes and a yellow striped hat.

Personality: Steve by most people is considered a cocky prick. He has no respect for anybody but his fellow gang members and hardly cares about his family. He has a short temper and making fun of him is a quick way to the grave. He is vicious and liked by few. His fellow gang members respect him and he is the leaders left hand man. His parents tried to shape him into a respectable being but gave up when he turned 16. His words are always venemous and a kind word never passes his lips.

History: The uprising of the 13 happened when Steve was 2. His parents moved into an apartment with only 4 rooms: Two bed, 1 bath, and a main room. At six steve enrolled in school and met a boy named Jeffer. A year later Jeffer made a gang with his buddy, Tyrone. Steve was the 4th member of the gang and let everyone know. When they were 8, they stole a shipment of pokeballs, making cathing a shinxs or electrike a must to join the gang. Jeffer and Tyrone caught a shinx, while Steve caught a Electrike. At age 12, Steve dropped out of school, much to his parents dismay, to be with the gang full time. He made 50 shivs, giving him the nickname "Shiv" and attacked a patrol of the nations guard. He did many nasty deeds since then, and his call to games was just another badge to put under his belt.

Pokemon: Electrike

Cornucopia or Run?: Cornucopia

Theme: The way I am by eminem

This is my first char, my second will be out soon, dont worry, he will be on a much higher key

Years
LuxrayHackery

Looks good! You are accepted! Oh yes, lots of people will want Mew-Two dead after the obstacles you will face in the arena! Looking forward to seeing your posts! Seeing the farewell between Josh and his girlfriend will be interesting.

tyler1616

Accepted! A gang, nice spin on your character! You are saved for the Cornucopia. Cannot wait to see your next character!

Also, we will start when there are, hopefully, eight people. If any of you know someone that might be interested, please invite them! This will be fun, I promise! :)

Etherion

Sex: M

District: 12

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Austin is a kind and good-hearted person. He is caring and selfless, but doesn't hesitate to use brutal violence whenever he needs to. People might say that he is childish, but he often times optimistic and altruistic. He is smart and strategic a trait that he got from his father, that was once a soldier in District 12 during the uprising. When it comes to weapon of choice, he would choose the one that fits the situation, but he best utilizes the ground and its element. He hates to fail at things thats why he always do things to the best of his abilities.

History: Born the youngest of 3 siblings in a simple yet a helpful family of Sanford was Austin Piper. His father, Peter Sanford was a soldier in the uprising, but fortunately didn't die but only to sustain permanent leg damage completely cutting it off. After two years of the uprising, his father was slowly recovering, he made some wooden foot support and started working as a tilter in the field while his mother while the help of his big sister Minerva, planted the crops needed for selling at the market. The uprising did yield some bad news, born the eldest was Marco Sanford, who unfortunately died during the war because he tried to save his family while his father was fighting.

Pokemon:
drilbur.gif

Cornucopia or Run?: RUN!!

Theme: "This is War" - Thirty Seconds to Mars
[/SPOILER]

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Could I reserve spots as the male tributes of District 1 and 10. If possible could you reserve the spots till the 9th as I'm out of the country and have no access to a proper computer.

Years
LuxrayHackery

Looks good! You are accepted! Oh yes, lots of people will want Mew-Two dead after the obstacles you will face in the arena! Looking forward to seeing your posts! Seeing the farewell between Josh and his girlfriend will be interesting.

tyler1616

Accepted! A gang, nice spin on your character! You are saved for the Cornucopia. Cannot wait to see your next character!

Also, we will start when there are, hopefully, eight people. If any of you know someone that might be interested, please invite them! This will be fun, I promise! :)

Well that's the twist my second character IS his girlfriend can you put me down for reserve for female in 7 for my second character and female in 11 for my 3rd and don't worry I read the rules and know no Peeta and Katniss thing will happen I already have a way for one of the tributes from 7 to die if they aren't killed by someone else first :) Also I want to reserve a shinx for josh

Last edited:

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Full Name: Fredrick Hardy

Sex: M

District: 2

Appearance: 6'0 and weighs 120. Often wears blue jeans, a white collared shirt, and a black windbreaker. (Not for wind). Has messy brown hair, light skin, and large muscles. Usually wears heavy workboots. Often also seen wearing work gloves. Gets most of his hight from his torso. No visible marks besides daily bruises.

Personality: Has a pretty friendly nature and a good sense of humor. Has no enemies and has a lot of friends. He has no problem with other people less skilled then him and is not one for prejudice. He cares about other people, sometimes more than his own self. His parents are very proud of his friendliness and gentlemen like personality. He can get mad but does not show it, often just seething then breathing (Bu dum tss).

History: Fred was not alive when the uprising happened, but his whole life was affected by it. At the age of 5 he already knew how to swing a pickaxe, and by 9 he was working down in the mines. He lives with his father and older brother, because his mother died at childbirth. When he was 11 he got a girlfriend that he still has to this day. When he was 12, he started seriously mining and had to drop out of school. His dad got him a windbreaker for his birthday to protect him from the dust down under (bu dum tss). When he was 14, the village marketplace burned down, and everyone was devastated. Then, on the year when he was 15, and his name got called, a flame of revenge spawned in this young man, and he wasn't going to let it go un answered. Bum bum buum.

Pokemon: no

Cornucopia or Run?: Run forest run

Theme: The Kill by 30 seconds to mars

Etherion

horray to CSS! horray! (sorry its too short, but horray to CSS!)

Years
gio7sm

I like the way you set that out! I will have to learn how to do that xD You are accepted!

Chocolate™

You are reserved! I hope you do join! :)

LuxrayHacker

Yes, some females haha! I might make a female character for myself but she won't win, that would not be fair haha but to make it even :) Nice twist though! Your two females are reserved!

tyler1616

I really like the set out. Seriously need to figure out how to do that. Ba dum tss. Your second character is accepted, for sure!

Etherion

thanks for accepting me! its pretty basic css you'll learn it fast it wont take an hour, coding might seem complicated but its every easy once you get the hang of it. I actually learnt it from Doctor, its one of the tutorials here at the Roleplay Lounge maybe

Years
thanks for accepting me! its pretty basic css you'll learn it fast it wont take an hour, coding might seem complicated but its every easy once you get the hang of it. I actually learnt it from Doctor, its one of the tutorials here at the Roleplay Lounge maybe

Oh, thanks! I shall get on that :)

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Hey gio can u give me the code to your css. I like the font, but will prob change the color to red

Back