• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MYOB dammit

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
  • I'm the kind of person that enjoys being around people, but when I want privacy and someone is bothering me I want to just strangle them. In my mind, anyways. I do get very annoyed if people don't give me alone time.

Years
  • Not at all. People generally give me space, especially if they see that I'm pissed off or something. And really the only people that were nosy were my parents, who I live away from during the year, so that's not really a problem. I don't mind anymore if they're nosy anyways.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Nope, I normally have the privacy I deserve. I think I can thank my being so open for that. My parents can annoy me by asking to check my Facebook, but other than that, I'm good.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I feel like people respect my privacy for the most part though sometimes online I see people being kind of nosy and almost stalkerish. I don't know why they do that but I figure it can't be for a good reason. I just hate nosy people stalking me online, lol. It's irritating, if you want to talk to me just do so.

Years
  • I give off a "don't ask" vibe so people aren't nosy around me. Actually, it turns into outright disinterest too often and I wish people would be at least a tiny bit nosier. That way it wouldn't seem weird or unbalanced or unfair when I'm being nosy.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Like Scarf, I try to give of a "don't ask" vibe... I don't think I'm quite as successful at it as she is though, because my parents still ask me about everything I do when I'm out of the house, as though they think I'm injecting heroin. I just give them one-word answers because it's none of their business.

Anyway, in general, I don't feel like my privacy is being invaded, but I feel like that's only because of the measures I put in place. I have no doubt in this household that if I let my guard down my privacy would be non-existent. I have a passcode on my iPhone and my MacBook and I have special hiding places for the hard copies of everything I don't want touched. My privacy isn't violated because I'm vigilant about it :P. People in my household know about me what they need to know, and nothing more.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    The government is always violating our privacy if we let them, so the best thing to do is get private VPNs and hope that they don't fork over information to the Feds... or just hope that they don't keep logs of activity! People on the other hand are so nosy, they love to find out just what is going on, but that's just human nature. I am a rather private person at times and it bugs me, but I try my best to keep my private life private.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    It has 36 days since I last left the house, I have forgotten what fresh air feels like. This is my life. This is privacy. The mailman... he is a government spy, I am sure of it. I have run out of food and due to being too afraid to leave my room, I have resorted to drinking my own urine for water. This is how I know no one is invading my privacy. My family... they are working for the government, I'm sure of it. No one can be trusted. This is my sanctuary. With only my laptop and a crumb of a Reeses Peanut Butter Crumb, I go on day to day. Living. I survive. I am the last person on this earth who truly has privacy. I don't like it when people invade my privacy, I am highly protective of my space. I fear my time is running out , though. Urine cannot be recycled forever. I have two days left, max. Let this post be a testament to what it truly means to be private. The world shall know of my sacrifice.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Always. Nan and Pop always go through everything I own, and don't really care if I'm there or what it is, and they always have to know everything. While it was a nice routine for 20 years I think it's time for them to stop and realise how old I actually am, and that I'm entitled to some privacy but whateverrrr. :(

I also dislike when people look at what I'm doing on here, too! I just... like to do my own thing without interruption.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • My parents and sibling often tend to not stray too far into my personal territory, physically or emotionally. There's this silent mutual agreement between us that we all live by, which is the fact I give them the space they need, and they give the same to me as well, therefore lessening the amount of conflicts that could occur between us.

tl;dr - I don't.

Ayselipera

Not really that my privacy is being violated. More like people are talking about things they know about me to people who I don't wish to know things about me. I just get paranoid over it a lot because I really hate the thought of lots of people hearing/knowing things about me and coming to their own assumptions without my explanation or adding their thoughts/opinions to the situation to the other person and just messing it up even further. Which is probably why I try not to tell anyone anything about what I feel or think. Idk, I just HATE it, if I could just never share anything about myself with anyone ever again from this moment on I would probably feel so much better, but it's not practical.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • All the time. I go crazy whenever my parents go into my room and especially when they start going through my stuff. It makes me very uncomfortable that they're going to find out one of my secrets... like the fact that I'm an otaku and have spent lots of money on random stuff from eBay, when they don't want me to be doing that. I also worry that they're gonna start throwing stuff away in the name of "cleanliness." I mean, they wouldn't know if something was important to me if it had a bright red sticker on it reading "IMPORTANT!"

Back