• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#6: SNAAAKKKEEE!

Which is your favorite snake Pokémon?

• Total voters

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I really like Arbok. I watched the anime pretty often as a kid and liked Team Rocket, and Arbok was a pretty cool character there. I don't think I've used it that much in-game so I can't comment on its battling abilities (though I don't they're amazing), but it has a pretty cool design as well. I like the little touch in that the eye pattern on its chest changes depending on the region iirc.

My second favourite is probably Serperior. I'm a big fan of its regal design and it's quite different to all Grass-type starters before it. Seviper is cool as well but doesn't really stand out to me in any way.

As for future PotW topics, perhaps Team Magma vs Team Aqua (since you mentioned you don't want too many options in the PotW)? Or Dark vs Steel vs Fairy (aka the three non-Gen I types)?

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
i am going to have to go with Arbok on this one. i honestly don't have a favorite snake Pokemon and i don't think i have used them on my team before (other than Serperior, but got bored of him) but when i think of the words "snake" and "Pokemon" together, Arbok is usually the first one i think of.

as for a topic suggestion, how about the first three regions rodents?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I like all three of the snake pokemon! You can't do this to me!

But seriously, do I even have to say which one I voted for? I like all three of them, but do I have to say it?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I like snakes as an animal but I've never felt particularly attached to any of the snake Pokémon. I really liked raising my Snivy in Gen V, though, so I went with Serperior in the poll. I've warmed up to grass types a lot in the last few years so while I didn't think the series needed another snake, I wasn't going to complain about Snivy's line at all because I was happy to see one of my favourite animals fall under one of my favourite types, too.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'd choose Serperior purely because of the royal design and the more friendly atmosphere it presents due to being a starter. I liked Arbok too, but I feel Seviper was a bit of a failure, as it was supposed to match up with Zangoose. They should have had an evolution for Seviper at the very least.

Serperior for the win, folks.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Serperior because it is just so elegant. It's Shiny form only adds to this. It is quite a stunning Pokémon to look at.

I don't feel any are very useful in battle, at least not yet. I can't help but vote based on design with this one.

I also love the fact that Serperiors entire evolutionary line looks good. A lot of Pokémon have that awkward middle stage but Serperior is immune to this. Snivy is also nice looking and while awkward base stages are less common they are still a thing and Snivy isn't like that.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Arbok. Arbok is actually good in NU due to the fact that he has good defensive stats and a good movepool. I also like it's design quite a bit.

Srperior is awesome and all but it's not as good as Arbok. While on the other hand, Seviper failed in awesomeness school and started picking fights with the ranker Zangoose who still thulps him till this day.

OmegaHelix

Fire Type Trainer
Years
Serperior, because its...interesting. I'm not a huge fan of the typical limited grass type move sets, (he has a lot of grass/normal moves) but the design is great. It would be even cooler with a hydra-like mega evolution. I like Arbok too but mostly for nostalgia reasons. It has a more interesting move pool, but I've never kept it for longer than the 3rd or 4th gyms because it was too weak. I like Seviper's design but I never really paid much attention to it. The only time I really used it is when I decided to make a ghost/dark/poison party for fun.

Years
Hmm, though I understand why Serperior and Arbok are more popular, I was surprised to see Seviper get as few votes as it did. I always loved its backstory of being natural enemies with Zangoose, and I loved the Seviper that Jessie had in the anime. I also liked its design better than the other two, though it looked like it could've very well been Poison/Dark with that design rather than pure Poison.

With that, this PokéPOTW is now over, but that doesn't mean you can't keep voting and posting. Look out for the next POTW to be up very shortly!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Have to go with Seviper.

I like Serperior too though, don't have an opinion on Arbok really.

Years
I guess I'm part of the majority here!

Serperior because whoa is he awesome. Originally I found nothing interesting about both Servine and Serperior but eventually they grew on me, more so Serperior, for the unique design and fun usability in games. That's not to say Arbok and Seviper aren't cool though.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Seviper looks hideous and Serperior is terribly designed. Arbok is the most interesting (it's name is terrible though - literally is just Kobra spelt backwards) and the only one with a good design. Shame there all terrible in battle situations.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I picked seviper because its my kind of pokemon, i'm hyper offense so seviper's stats win this for him.

Years
Arbok and Seviper by far :)

They're just the most snake-like to me and I love snakes haha, also Jessie's in the anime made me love them even more cause their personalities were so endearing haha :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I have to go with Serperior. I has the best design out of all Snake Pokemon. It's beautiful. Serperior is also a Powerhouse. Contrary and Leaf Storm? Your done.

Back