• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] The Elements [T] [OOC]

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    All mages can use all elements by manipulating the elementally charged Aether. The Combination Elements are a unique addition that occurs when manipulating charged Aether of the parent Elements. In addition, many Combination Element attacks occur simply by combining two Basic spells, like a jet of fire and a torndao. In most cases a mage will specialize in the element that they manipulate most easily, which is why I'm asking for a specialty in the SUs.

As far as the Schools go, you are free to create the leaders as long as they synergize with what has already been established. All schools have a leader, commonly referred to as the Grandmaster, though they may have other titles and may serve other roles. For example, the leader pf the School of Dragon's Might is called the Dragon, and is decided through a contest of strength between the war chiefs of the plains. He serves as lord of the area in addition to head of the school.

The schools themselves function as a center of learning for similarly-minded individuals, who have joined together in order to perfect their style. Think martial arts dojos, but on a larger scale. They have gained significant influence in the area, and send delegates to the world congress. Each school may have a different hierarchy system, where the School of the People's Magic actually has teachers and dormitories and such while Dragon's Might has lords and serfs and squires and such.

Hopefully this helps! I'll add this to the main document, it's good information.

EDIT: Yeah, he got back faster than I expected xD. I think striking with intent to harm isn't really a practice that would be looked down upon. That's what you do in combat, right? And would't turning away from your foe and fleeing be considered dishonorable? So all the more reason to strike him down. As far as the school exchange goes, the characters will travel to (or near to) every school during the course of the RP. How long you stay and learn there is up to you. And questions are fine. They make me feel like I'm actually doing my job haha.

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
    Years

• Name: Storm

School: Peoples Magic

Element(s) Pressure + Nature

Fighting Style:

Special 1- Storm creates large, thick vines that wrap around the opponents Wrists and Ankles to keep them in place. She then shape shifts into Anaconda slithering to the opponent suffocating them until unconscious, then she turns back into a woman and creates a giant hammer made of wood and hits the opponent with it letting them go.

Special 2- Storm fly's in the air creating bullet like rain sending it pounding down on the opponent. She then uses the rain from the monsoon to create a bubble of water to entrap the opponent then sends them into a violent tornado, leaving them to spin around and around while running out of oxygen. She then makes both vanish leaving the opponent hurdling toward the ground where she then uses her Tsunami punch into their stomach sending them flying.

Special 3- Storm creates dark clouds in the air,and she creates amazingly powerful wind currents to crush the opponent and suck the oxygen out of their mouths. She then brings the struggling foe to her level and lays a kiss on them putting her hand on their chest sending overwhelmingly power electrical currents into the foe from the mouth and the chest stopping their heart and starting it again.

Final- Storm looses all self control and her powers go absolutely crazy. Storm creates Tornadoes, Hailstorms,Cyclones, Floods, Tsunamis, Monsoons, and earthquakes sending them everywhere destroying everything. She summons vines to trap enemies and summons wild animals to attack any enemy near her. She does this until she looses all power and energy and gently lands on the ground needing plenty of time to recoup.

WEAKNESSES

Claustrophobia- Having been trapped under rubble for three days in the mountains when she was connecting with herself, she became very claustrophobic. Storm's claustrophobia is so severe, it can render her completely helpless. These flashbacks still attack her when she is enclosed.

Emotional Influence- Storm's ability to manipulate the weather is affected by her emotions. So, if she does not maintain control she might induce a destructive storm. So Storm keeps herself from feeling all extreme emotions.

Physical Condition- Storm is limited by the force of her will and the strength of her body. While trying to stop a deadly blizzard, she nearly killed herself from exhaustion.

Appearance:
    The Elements [T] [OOC]

The Elements [T] [OOC]

The Elements [T] [OOC]

Personality: Storm is usually a calm and kind person. She always takes care of the people around her and loves to flirt with everyone. She is very touchy and lustful and times but can usually control herself. Storms emotions are tied to the weather around her so she tries her best to remain calm and cheerful so nothing crazy will happen around her. When she gets irritated however she becomes Snarky and Short.

History: Storm was born to a Princess and a Peasant man in the Kingdom of Genovia. A kingdom near Skymouth. So the princesses parents would never find out, Storm would stay at her mothers when the King and Queen would leave and with her father when they were there. She was always practicing her magic. She never wanted to go to one of those schools that made you learn certain things. SO ever since she was a kid she practiced exactly how she was going to attack people. Her life was very nice, she had a good relationship with both her parents and never really struggled.

However when she was 16 she had a boyfriend named Carter who lived in a village sort of near hers. She went to stay with him for a few months to try something different and the two got into a fight. Since they were both Mage's it was a great fight but was very destructive. During the fight just to hurt her he made out with another woman and then used his powers to burn Storm, so she was she forced to watch them while burning alive. This sent her over the edge. She lost all control and used her final attack, killing Carter and destroying the whole town. After resting for a month she went to the mountains to be all alone to control her powers. On her way back from the mountains she saved a young boys life, the boys Grandmother made sure she got into any school she wanted to and she did.

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • Alright so after a million flipflops I've decided just to commit my reservation to Hidden Way. Reason being I keep thinking of how my character my fight and I think it might prove too dangerous for the liking of other schools.

I'd still want to do the Unbound Thought ---> Hidden Way thing if possible, though.

Edit: So I read Yellow's edit and it's not but I still think I should go this path. I'm really unsure whether my character would purposefully try and kill someone and it's pretty 50/50. They're just as likely to do it as they are not to. And the likeliness goes up in certain situations (none of which have anything to do with them being in mortal danger). So yeah I'M FINALLY DONE SCHOOL PICKING! Now I just have to get through this Aether thing. X)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Trevor Redquill

School: The Focused Mind

Elements: Psychic, Pressure, Air, Water

Fighting Style: Trevor prefers not to carry weapons, instead relying on his spells in a fight. His skill with Psychic magic manifests as powerful telekinesis, used to fling objects with minimal effort on his part, or impose his will on others to bind them in place. His spells tend toward defensive applications, with shields of force to block physical strikes, walls of wind to deflect ranged attacks, or waves of water to diffuse magical energies. His offensive spells tend to be weak and unimpressive, but are unleashed with speed and precision. Despite his distate for physical combat, he carries a number of small knives on him.

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

At six feet tall and only 150 pounds, Trevor is quite tall, but slender, with dark hair and hazel eyes. He tends to wear multiple layers of light clothing, preferring long sleeves and exclusively in black or gray.

Personality (At least one paragraph): Full of confidence and bursting with energy, some may call Trevor an arrogant blowhard, but he considers himself a passionate practitioner. He is loud, boastful, and a little self-centered, but he is never rude or insulting to others. He may brag about his abilities, but he knows there are others who are better than him. His favorite pastimes include reading books and practicing his skills, be they magical or mundane. He dabbles in alchemy, and enjoys cooking or making mixed drinks. He has a hard time refusing people, and tends to be gullible. He'll put other's needs ahead of his own, but will always push for the best deal he can get.

History (At least two paragraphs): Trevor's father, Kenta Redquill, lived in Maylus, where he made a simple living as a farmer, growing food for the city. Trevor's mother, Marta Lulamoon, travelled the land as a wandering magician, putting on shows to entertain the masses. She found it hard to perform while pregnant, and dropped Trevor off with his father as soon as he was born. She never came back, and Trevor was raised solely by his father and the workers on his farm.

The boy found he wasn't suited for the farmer's life. He was a scrawny kid, not much use in the fields, and his people skills were decidedly lacking, making him a poor salesman. About the only place he was happy was the kitchen, but he was too young and small to do any actual cooking. Frustrated with his inability to actually be helpful, he tried again and again to find something he was talented at, a one-man crusade to find himself. When he was 10, his magic came, and he gleefully embraced it.

Soon, he was using his magic more than his hands. Moving objects with his mind, pulling water up from deep underground to water the fields, basically anything that he could think of. Since no one else on the farm had these abilities, he gained a big boost of confidence, a swell of pride, and an ego to match his diva of a mother (although, having never met her, he didn't make the connection).

Needing a way to temper his son's ego (and protect him from temperamental farm hands), Kenta enrolled him in the School of the Focused Mind, hoping it would humble him to be around stronger mages. Instead, it merely taught Trevor to focus his abilities, becoming more skilled in his use of magic and giving him a goal to work towards. He hopes that by proving his skill as a mage, he will attract his mother's attention and finally meet her.

Last edited:

YellowGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Yay, so many posts while I was asleep! Sadly, I don't have time to answer the questions atm, but they have been noted. Also, the two SUs have also been noted, but, once again, I lack sufficient time to give them the thourough reading they deserve. Check back in about thirteen hours!

Kikpanther

Years
  • SU's finished! It's still on my first post but convenience post anyways.

Sorry about any errors I was extra tired while doing this. x_x If you haven't looked at it by the time I get up they will be edited.

Spoiler:

Edit: Errors fixed!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    I don't know if Gard answered your first question accurately classical insect, but to put it simply, by choosing a combination element, say storm, they are required to at least competently cast magic from both basic magics that make up that combination. So a Mage proficient in storm magic will also be able to cast lightning and air magic with ease, while also getting access to more advanced techniques unique to storm magic. Like Gard said, most combinations spells we came up with are purely mixtures of the bases.

YellowGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Ok! Questions first.

Where are the matches held?
    How many members are on each offense team?
    There are five members per Offense Team.
    How do schools win?
    After the Opening Ceremonies Tournaments, the Offense Team from each school will travel to each other school. After all matches have been completed, or after one year, the number of wins is tallied and a winner is assigned.
    Are there team matches?
    Originally yes, all matches were 5v5. However, we assumed that that might be difficult to write with so many people. I have a question for all of you: Do you want 5v5 with NPCs, or 1v1/2v2s with just us? Post your answers.
    What is/are the tournament arena(s)?
    Similar to your suggestion, tournament arenas are unique based on the school, but the basic rules are: they must have a barrier placed around them, to protect spectators from the participants and vice versa, they must have trained medical personnel immediately outside the arena, and they cannot contain hostile terrain.
    What other match rules are there?
    Matches do not have a time limit, a single victor is decided by the last one standing in a given match. While it stands as an understood rule that the death of a combatant should be avoided at all costs, it is also understood that mistakes can happen, and that if any combatant dies during a match, it was by their choice to keep fighting past their limit that caused this. any obvious attempts to kill an opponent with no way to fight back ( i.e. after a match has ended) will result in an immediate removal of the combatant that attempted the murder and a complete reversal of the results of the match.

The tournament is only held during the opening ceremonies, and gives winners a point towards their total. It is structured as follows. Note that these rules apply to a 5v5 tournament, and the rules would be adjusted for a 1v1/2v2.

The tournament is structured like a standard, 8 team, single elimination, bracket tournament with a few exceptions, there are 10 teams and 4 of them play a round before the remaining 6 teams. To compensate for the extra required round, the two winning teams are allowed to switch members of their team for those of the losers team (or choose two members of the losing team to become subs for the winning team). After this initial round, the remainder of the tournament is a standard 8 team bracket. The following rules apply to team creation and matches.

• Team creation is done by random assignment with 2 constraints, that there can't be more than one member from any one school on each team, and the teams that fight in the first round of 4 teams must have one member from each school in each match. (Meaning among the two teams in each of the first two matches, there can't be more than 1 member from any one school).
    • Matches are won by the team with either the last person standing, or the highest number of conscious members when time runs out. Matches are best of 1 and the tournament is single elimination.
    • Fallen members are blinked out of the arena after they have shown no sign of conscious action for 10 seconds, Interference with this process causes the immediate removal of the transgressor from the current match. Repeatedly violating this rule results in the removal of the transgressor from the tournament, the team he was on may select a member of one of the losing teams to take their place after the match ends. Members that surrender the match are removed the same way fallen members are immediately.
    • Matches take place in a circular arena about 50m in diameter. Combatants are sealed inside the arena by a protective dome of aether that nullifies all incoming magic, only access in and out of the arena are those provided by officially sanctioned medics that warp out fallen combatants. The terrain of the arena is changed at the start of each round to a preset type dictated by the voting of the crowd. Once the dome is raised and the terrain set, a (1) hour time limit is set. If two or more combatants still stand at the end of this time the winner is decided by the number of remaining members on each team.
    • In the case of a draw, each team selects the highest odd number of members to participate in a sudden death round. in this round chosen players are paired and participate in duels, which take place in smaller versions of the dome covering the arena. The first person to land a hit, magical or otherwise on their foe wins the duel. The team with the most duel wins after this round win the match. (all duels take place simultaneously)

With that done, on to the SUs!

Kikpanther, Godzil, your SUs are accepted. So many strong characters o_O I'm not sure that Jade is going to be able to keep up!

Zatanna, I really like what you have so far. The concept is really cool, but I do have several issues with it that prevent me from accepting it. First, you have three Combination Elements, which equates to four Basic Elements. The rules of the SU allow only one Combination with one less proficient, which right away makes your character illegal. This isn't necessarily to prevent fun characters, it is put in place to ensure balance among them. Additionally, no matter how powerful she is, at 19 it is unlikely Storm would have mastered more than one Combination Element, especially in the extreme level your combat style demonstrated. Which brings me to your next issue. While one of the things asked for were Special Techniques, your character has no defined style, and additionally, no obvious weaknesses. I think her personality will fit nicely among the other characters, but there are several grammatical errors throughout this and all other sections. Correct grammar is one of the core rules of the RP Forum, so please do what you can to address these. Finally, and I am sorry for the lecture, but your history needs a little fleshing out. In addition to fixing the errors, a good thing to add would be a description of how she joined the school, and possibly make some additional points of interest. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask in the thread!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    I want to add to Gard's post by explaining arena design a bit more. The arena mentioned in the tournament is the massive Aldhaven Arena, and the main arena for the school of the People's Magic. If you read the school descriptions, you would know that People's Magic is fairly free flowing and doesn't practice any one specific strategy or style when it comes to both magic and combat. Because of this, I decided the arena should be free to change as well, and thus will alter it's battlefield between matches. The battlefield could be a wooded forest, murky swamp, sandy desert, or even a chain of islands, and this obviously impacts the battle style of the combatants. Some magics maybe better or worse depending on the field, but will never make one type of magic completely obsolete. An Island field will give a great source for water mages, while fire mages will have a hard time generating a decent blaze without a wave or water blast putting it out. Other schools may have this capability as well, and some may have a specialized arena that doesn't change, it will depend on the school's philosophy.

On a side note, any injury or death at occurs as part of these matches are not the responsibility of the host school or the combatant that caused them, unless the death was intentional. All mages that enter the tournament know the risks, and fully take responsibility for their own actions if they push themselves too far.

Kikpanther

Years
  • Yay acceptance! (Though I hope it's okay if I keep editing the SU)

I have a question about this new information. At one point Gard said that the matches have no time limit and then later said that there's a one hour time limit. Is that in two different situations or is there confusion on the match limits?

As for how we do the matches (5v5, 1v1, 2v2) I'm not sure. I can see how 5v5 would be too much and would end in NPCs most likely being ignored or there being a hassle with getting everyone to work on a JP or the posts or however. I think a 2v2 would be best. If the balance turns out well you can have all of the RPers make up one thing or just RPers facing off against NPCs controlled by NPCs like you said. Or just a 1v1. It would take longer but it might end up being the easiest option.

I hope what I said makes sense. I had imagined the battles would be in teams (one school's players against another school's players) so I have to adjust my thining and imagine this correctly. <w<

YellowGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    @Kikpanther: Of course you can keep editing. As for the time limit, seems to be an editing error somewhere hehe:3cLet's stick with one hour time limits for all matches for now.

@Bardothren, if you produce another acceptable SU and feel you can manage two characters, I'm more than willing to let you have two characters.

Kikpanther

Years
  • I've been thinking about changing from Pressure to Snow. Just because I'm not a big fan of repeat abilities and I had an idea for Snow before I switched to Pressure that I liked. I'm afraid I'll ruin what I want to do if I switch, though. T_T

On a side-note, though. if anyone else joins the RP (or makes another character) I'm going to be the unwanted suggester and request someone makes a girl. I don't really have any romance plans and guys are fine but yeesh. It's getting stuffy with all these dudes.

YellowGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Bardothren, your second SU is accepted.

@kikpanther: You can change as much as you want about your character before the IC part of the RP begins. Depending on how SUs go, I'll probably post that thread sometime after Wednesday. I've been considering making a second character, so I'll make sure it's a girl :) I totally agree with you haha.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    I fully agree with you kik, if the slot is still open I'll write in a girl character as well in the same school as my main character. I wrote one when me and Gard were working on the original story so I'll just modify and apply it to this one. If that's ok with you Gard, I assume you know what I'm talking about.

YellowGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Here's my SU for my second character.

Atka Ataciara
    The Elements [T] [OOC]

You see only what is right in front of you. My magic lets me see the hidden side of this world.

25// School of the Brittle Edge // Female

Elements: Light & Darkness
    Fighting Style: Atka is a master of spirits. They take rituals of varying times to summon, depending on the strength of the spirit being called, from a few seconds for a weaker spirit to several minutes for the most powerful spirits. The rituals don't take much energy to perform, but to take time for spirits of any note. The spirits exist with their own energy, and have minds of their own. What this means is that most spirits can only last a certain amount of time, and they can make decisions contrary to her will. Weaker spirits are totally subservient, as are the mid-power spirits that Atka has built a relationship with. The most powerful spirits have their own agendas, and usually only grant their service if they agree to your methods. Communicating with the spirits is only possible for the spirit and summoner, and they cannot disclose information to her. Her most powerful technique is where she partially combines with a spirit to enhance her own abilities. Atka's other abilities include a dual Light-Dark beam of energy, healing, and shields made of light.
    Appearance: Atka is short, about 5'1", and has long brown hair. Upon arriving at the School she wore the traditional furs of her tribe, but has slowly transitioned most of her wardrobe to more modern, contemporary clothing. This notwithstanding, she always wears her shaman's circlet. She has traditional tribal tattoos on her arms, head, and torso.
    Personality: Atka is stoic and proud. Raised as one of the most powerful women in her tribe, she can be a bit haughty and knows how to manipulate people. The tribes believe in marriage, but only as revealed through the Elders by the spirits. This means that Atka has never really searched for romance, and the concepts of flirting and traditional dating are foreign to her. Akta was raised as a protector and guide of her tribe, and is very giving with her time and material wealth. However, she doesn't believe in outright charity, and knows that only the strong survive.
    History: Atka hails from the tribes of the northern wastes. The daughter of the tribe's shaman, she was raised in a world of spirits and mysticism. Her tribe was nomadic, following the herds of caribou in the warm season and journeying to the water's edge in winter to hunt the sea mammals that wintered on the beaches. The tribal people gave great reverence to the spirits, which their shamans communed with to find the tribe's food sources. The shamans could also call upon the spirits in combat, and often partially fused with a spirit to attain greater power.

However, when Atka reached the age of twenty years, the age of adulthood among the tribes, and was ready to put on her father's mantle as shaman of the tribe, the elders, including her father, refused her. Her father told her of a great school in the tundra, and of a dream the Great Spirit had given him about her future there. She was to travel there immediately, and fulfill her destiny.

Atka was dubious at best. Her father had never before claimed to have been visited by the Great Spirit in his dreams, and she was suspicious that he wanted to maintain his position in the tribe. However, she was not one to go against the wishes of the elders, and so she left her tribe. Upon arriving at the school, Atka discovered teachers who practiced a style not too different from her own. The precise forms and spells of these "mages" heavily resembled the rituals she used to summon spirits. The Grandmaster of the school, recognizing her unique talent, enlisted her in the Offense Team.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2020
    I would prefer the 1v1s so every character gets a chance to shine instead of random characters being left in the dust.

YellowGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    catbus176, your SU is accepted. Looking forward to a unique character for or roster.

A reminder to Classical Insect to post your SU as soon as possible.

We have one slot remaining! mickey will create a second character if we need to, but I'd love to have another unique RPer! If all goes well, I plan on posting the IC Thread on Wednesday/Thursday! If anyone has questions, let me know.

YellowGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    My SU for my second character has been finished. Check out my previous post to see it!

On that note, I am going to post the IC Thread tonight. If you're SU has not been accepted, please remember not to post on the IC thread. Chapter One will be up as soon as it's accepted!

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Well because we need a slot filled I guess I'll step up and fill it. I've almost finished writing the su and I'll have it posted tonight. Sorry for not posting, I just got a new job and that takes up most of my time.

YellowGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    The IC Thread is up, as is Chapter One! Jade'll be hanging around Aldhaven if anyone wants to interact! Though you'll have to get there first.

Back