• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Opportunity's Knocking, Serena.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • X/Y's end is inexorably approaching. What do you feel the members of Ash's group are going to do after the league ends. We've already got hints about Serena, and I highly doubt any of the characters are going to stay with Ash this time.

Years
  • I have a good feeling Serena will go with Palermo to further her Pokemon Performer's career, but I'm not sure as to what Clemont and Bonnie will do. Clemont did find a girlfriend in a recent episode so maybe they'll travel together when he leaves Ash.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I don't think that girl was anything more than character of the day. I think Clemont will return to the Gym, but maybe will start to prepare Bonnie to eventually take the Gym over, so he can concentrate on being inventor.

Years
  • I don't think that girl was anything more than character of the day. I think Clemont will return to the Gym, but maybe will start to prepare Bonnie to eventually take the Gym over, so he can concentrate on being inventor.

I could see Clemont retiring to become an inventor, and Bonnie becoming Gym Leader. That way both of the siblings would have a job, and I'm sure Bonnie would use Dedenne as her ace because of its time as her main Pokemon companion.

Serena should replace Ash as the main character. Plz make this happen writers ^w^

Unlikely, but there's always fanfics for that. Still, her story so far has made me want to almost make her the new main character though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    X/Y's end is inexorably approaching. What do you feel the members of Ash's group are going to do after the league ends. We've already got hints about Serena, and I highly doubt any of the characters are going to stay with Ash this time.

---PIA Disprove of Clembot and nearly shut down Lumoise Gym until Clemont decide to become a full time Gym-leader.

--- Bonnie finally start attending kindergarten and socializing with kids around her age.

--- Serena train under Palermo.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    --- Bonnie finally start attending kindergarten and socializing with kids around her age.
    Wait! What? Bonnie is like 7, 8 maybe even 9 years old and you really want her to go to kindergarten? She belongs to elementary school, not kindergarten. There's no need to lower her education like that.

Years
  • Serena should replace Ash as the main character. Plz make this happen writers ^w^

I'd like to see her challenge gyms tbh
    That's not really her progression, is it? It would be weird for Serena to only become a main character by completely disrupting her own path. Might as well introduce a new one.

Then they would have a straightforward alibi for replacing Ash as a main character, without much controversy.

Clemont did find a girlfriend in a recent episode so maybe they'll travel together when he leaves Ash.
    Honestly the romantic plots are generally there in part because of Serena, so in all likelihood they'd break up and snicker at Serena for a bit. To be fair, they generally seem to be treated as quite secondary characters, so you wouldn't expect too much fuss about where they go from there. They aren't really comparable to Brock, Misty, etc., more like Max except to the point of redundancy.

A romantic resolution could also be problematic, as after a brief cameo appearance they might not want to go around tying knots 'forever,' etc., which would be somehow to be more romantic than Serena. They don't tend to like break-up themes, etc., and as such they're likely to want to be cautious about such relationships before as it were trapping characters in them, which makes some amount of sense.

Guest123_x1

I think Serena would do quite well dedicating herself to Pokémon Performing once she leaves Ash. Seems like performing arts is her thing.
    Serena should replace Ash as the main character.
    As much as I'd really like for Serena to stick around let alone replace Ash, it's all wishful thinking.
    I do, however, believe that the act of replacing all of Ash's traveling partners every time he moves to a new region is getting old, TBH. I also would like for her to return to visit Ash and whoever he's traveling with on occasion.

Years
  • If the others leave, they should do a reprise of the end of Ash's adventures within Hoenn and such, where he meets Gary and uses Ash-Greninja form against an Electivire or something. It could be something cynical and edgy, like, 'It is I who have cheerleaders now!' and then 'No, Ash! You have become what you swore to destroy!' In the process they could decide whether or not Serena stays on. Honestly, it would be an exciting and promising new turn in that old rivalry.

Alternatively Gary could say that he has a bigger Greninja, and when asked to demonstrate it send out a Pikachu and say, 'You weren't expecting that, were you?'

Text

Wolf
    Years
  • I think Serena would do quite well dedicating herself to Pokémon Performing once she leaves Ash. Seems like performing arts is her thing.
    As much as I'd really like for Serena to stick around let alone replace Ash, it's all wishful thinking.
    I do, however, believe that the act of replacing all of Ash's traveling partners every time he moves to a new region is getting old, TBH. I also would like for her to return to visit Ash and whoever he's traveling with on occasion.

I agree with this since Ash didn't win all the pokemon league I really hope that he would return and win some leagues, and meet his old friends.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I don't see either leaving. Serena denied Palmero to travel with Ash. Ash always travels, and between the shipping episodes, and the way that she is basically misty 2.0, I see her following ash. She also could see get her own training in other regions, or even just not care about Kalos queen in the end.

As for Clemont, he's got a robot running the gym. I could see him travel, he's like brock. Then bonnie would come back because she likes traveling with Ash and Serena. clement learns more, bonnie could grow as a trainer, and they could achieve more things by traveling.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    I've really enjoyed Ash's travelling companions for the XY series and it will be a shame to see them go, particularly Serena, who has been the predominant reason I have enjoyed the series so much. It would be a shame to see yet another cast rotation, although I understand why it occurs. Hopefully at least Serena can remain as I would love to see her journey continue.

UltimateFrosty08

THE DAB MAN
    Years
  • ---PIA Disprove of Clembot and nearly shut down Lumoise Gym until Clemont decide to become a full time Gym-leader.

--- Serena train under Palermo.

No Clemet's lazy and he'll just try to make Clembot better and travel and Bonnie would probably follow but if Bonnie does go to school meh she'll be a Pokémon nerd for sure

And for Serena I don't care as long as she doesn't come back

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It's funny how most of you guys were worrying about the anime's possible cancellation from the viewership thread, but here you guys are discussing about the fate of Ash's Kalos companions for the Alola saga. This will entirely depend on how far Alola is from Kalos, but I really hope that it's far away so that Serena can finally be out of the group, and I can finally move on to a new theme. Clement and Bonnie are 50/50, because it was stated that Kalos' loose ends will end in a unique way in the games, which could indicate that Zygarde Core will be journeying to Alola, with Bonnie still being its caretaker.

Years
  • Clement and Bonnie are 50/50, because it was stated that Kalos' loose ends will end in a unique way in the games, which could indicate that Zygarde Core will be journeying to Alola, with Bonnie still being its caretaker.

Even if the Zygarde forms are in the Sun and Moon games, I don't really see why they'd need even more focus in the next saga. Like, hasn't XY&Z been enough screen-time for Zygarde? Plus Zygarde's in the Magearna film too for Christ's sake. :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I think since the artwork is being altered to be a little more shapely and cute as seen in the first announcement, the creators are trying to get a younger generation of fans. Serena's character even made a new feminine outlook towards pokemon in dressing them up and trying to be a princess to get more female fans. So the anime isn't going anywhere. I do see possible cameos of older characters since the 20th anniversary and all, but I think Serena will not be continuing with Ash. I think she will take a different journey and possibly show up towards the Alola League to cheer Ash on.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Most likely, she'll be removed from the main cast come Alola, considering they had the chance to end that pattern in Unova and they didn't capitalize on that. Heck, her reason would probably be to advance in her goal, since, Misty aside (and that's mostly because of the writers being idiots than anything else), all of the previous female travelling companions did exactly that as a reason.

Even IF they do for whatever reason include showcases in Alola, it won't guarantee that she'll go there. Remember, Sinnoh had Pokémon Contests just as Hoenn did, yet that never stopped them from dumping May at the first possible opportunity and replacing her with Dawn just to have the latter rehash May's goal.

If anything, I'm wondering more about Ash's fate, since I suspect given the bad ratings Pokémon has right now (to say little on the bad box office receipts and even bad merchandising sales), I wouldn't be surprised if the writers actually go through with winning the league. If anything, it's pretty obvious that Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont will be leaving, whether it means Ash goes to Alola or not, heck, if there's even a new Anime focusing on Alola or not.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • If anything, I'm wondering more about Ash's fate, since I suspect given the bad ratings Pokémon has right now (to say little on the bad box office receipts and even bad merchandising sales), I wouldn't be surprised if the writers actually go through with winning the league. If anything, it's pretty obvious that Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont will be leaving, whether it means Ash goes to Alola or not, heck, if there's even a new Anime focusing on Alola or not.

There you go again with that stuff. It's pretty much guaranteed that there will be a new anime focused on Alola and Ash still being the main character. I'm expecting official news about it during the summer, much like with the Kalos anime. And If we learned anything from the new Digimon anime, it's that fans do not appreciate new faces and would want to see old faces sticking around in the newer seasons.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    There you go again with that stuff. It's pretty much guaranteed that there will be a new anime focused on Alola and Ash still being the main character. I'm expecting official news about it during the summer, much like with the Kalos anime. And If we learned anything from the new Digimon anime, it's that fans do not appreciate new faces and would want to see old faces sticking around in the newer seasons.

In previous series post-Original Series, the debut movies often were hits (certainly performing far better than the final movie of a series) rather than doing poorly at the box office (not to mention at best breaking even with the last movie of a series), not to mention prior movies didn't end up as poorly received as Hoopa where that movie made Pokémon Heroes seem like a hit. XY DID, however, and it's spent most of its time out of the Top 10, and had extremely bad ratings overall (being in the 5s at best). If IrregularMaverickZ is to be believed, even the merchandising sales are doing bad. And Dogasu even claimed on Twitter that YokaiWatch had essentially dethroned Pokémon regarding gracing the CoroCoro cover. What's worse, YokaiWatch is giving it a run for its money. AG may have been a bad show with bad ratings, but even it was a hit compared to XY, and it certainly still had good box office receipts compared to Pokémon Heroes at least and decent merchandising. XY doesn't, and if an anime doesn't do well with merchandising, it gets cancelled.

Also, it's not officially announced at all. We don't even have anime posters for the new series yet.

Besides, if Pokémon learned anything from the past, it's that removing ANY main characters is a very bad idea, yet they still continued to do so with the girls, and if anything doubled down on it by replacing Brock by the end of DP (and then replacing Dent upon BW's end).

Either way, we definitely know Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie's going to leave at the end of Kalos one way or another.

Last edited:
    Back