• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Episode 924: The Winding Woods...The Dawn of Evolution

Sounds like someone is going to evolve. I am going to say that it is Pancham, Braxien, or Chespin. Unless Ash catches the Phantump and evolves, although there is suppose to be a trade.

Maybe Ash catches Phantump and trades for Chespin and both evolve.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years

Sounds like someone is going to evolve. I am going to say that it is Pancham, Braxien, or Chespin. Unless Ash catches the Phantump and evolves, although there is suppose to be a trade.

I feel like, by evolution, they mean the Zygarde core, in a sense that it becomes its 100% "complete form" before the movie, but that's just a guess on my part. The 4th Kira pointed out there were no team changes in the movie poster. If someone DOES evolve, I feel it'd most likely be Serena's Braixen, since Serena doesn't currently own a Dark-type, I don't think it's possible for her Pancham to evolve right now. Delphox with Serena, though? Sign me up.

Years

None of those Pokemon are implied to evolve via merch though, plus we know that Pancham's in an episode after this Winding Woods one, so him becoming a Pangoro here is impossible. I'm 99.9% sure that the evolution bit is a buzzword for Squishy's form change or Greninja's form change getting focus again since we know that the latter's getting tons of focus in the coming month.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I feel like, by evolution, they mean the Zygarde core, in a sense that it becomes its 100% "complete form" before the movie, but that's just a guess on my part. The 4th Kira pointed out there were no team changes in the movie poster. If someone DOES evolve, I feel it'd most likely be Serena's Braixen, since Serena doesn't currently own a Dark-type, I don't think it's possible for her Pancham to evolve right now. Delphox with Serena, though? Sign me up.

I would say technically, Pancham could evolve with Greninja being used at the same time.

And we have seen before if I am not mistaken that regardless of what may be on the first poster or two, can easily change. But I see what you mean. However, I am not going to use that because the movie could take place before all of this happens like it has in the past.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Episode 924: The Winding Woods...The Dawn of Evolution

Or , It might referring to Ash-Greninja's evolution !
    Or , It might be about Ash receiving a Key-stone for defeating 8 gym-leader.
    Which make sense since A Trainer with Key-stone and Mega-evolve Pokemon has an "Unfair Advantage" over Trainer who wasn't lucky enough to find a Keystone.
    So , It better if Trainers who won 8 badge gets a Key-stone so they can have a fair battle in the League.
    Off Course it might be cool if "Break Evolution" became canon in Anime considering we seen something like that in AG series.
    150px-Thunder_Armor.png

Just imagine Ash using Golden Noivern to fight Megevolved pokemon.
    Also , I wish Noivern to be bigger.
    Big enough for this -
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Honestly my bets are on the Zygarde myself otherwise we would have seen some hint to someone's evolution by now. There hasn't been a single capture or evolution that hasn't been hinted at via merchandise or previews yet.

Years
  • I guess it all but confirms he won't be getting a sixth team slot full, which means previous-gen reserves used at Kalos League.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Still betting Goodra comes back as shown in that one image of merch.

Although I also see his old teams being used, especially if the league gets megas and more. It be fair game then.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Welp, as it seems, no Phantump for Ash. As expected.. the idea was fun to think about, though.

I wanted Serena to get the phantump shiny so bad... oh well she does need a new pokemon or direction... maybe contests

I was actually hoping for a reunite with Dawn and possibly one of her pokemon evolving

Years
  • I wanted Serena to get the phantump shiny so bad... oh well she does need a new pokemon or direction... maybe contests

I was actually hoping for a reunite with Dawn and possibly one of her pokemon evolving

What's the point of her getting a new goal when she has a 99.9% chance of leaving later this year when Sun & Moon come out? And Dawn has no reason to come back anyway...

Years
  • As small as Serena's team is, I feel like it's done because her goal is done, and we know XY will likely end this year.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I think Serena will stay. She denied the offer of leaving by saying she wants to travel with Ash. And with them have very armour shipping episodes like the Serena becomes Ash one, then I don't see reason for her to leave. Plus contests or kalos queen could spread to Sun and Moon. Or Serena could just get over, etc. I can see her being like misty.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • We still haven't seen a Bergmite. So he could still catch one of those. It could be after the movie, as there will still be a good amount of episode left I think. The seasons end usually in November to start a new one, but I don't see the 7th Gen anime starting before or right after the game comes out. It probably won't start till 2017.

And even in Sinnoh, he doesn't have to have only 5 pokemon for other pokemon to come back. He had a full team in Sinnoh and he still used a large amount of his old pokemon.

Also I also don't see a reason why Serena would leave. I just don't understand why they would ship Ash and Serena way way more than even Ash and Misty and then throw her out. Her training could be in the new region and they said that XYZ is a massive turning point for the anime and the anime would be come a lot different from what it was.

Years
  • Yeah I'm still shocked at no Bergmite appearance so far, but considering Snowbelle City is coming soon it could be a good excuse to show it off since it's well, cold. Plus I'd like Ash to get another Ice-type since Glalie is lonely at the moment.

Years
  • Also I also don't see a reason why Serena would leave. I just don't understand why they would ship Ash and Serena way way more than even Ash and Misty and then throw her out. Her training could be in the new region and they said that XYZ is a massive turning point for the anime and the anime would be come a lot different from what it was.

The ship is just Serena liking Ash and blushing a lot. That's literally it. It's going nowhere and the show isn't going to change and become a shoujo series just to accommodate Serena's limerence. To use an earthier phrase, her crush and her character itself is the equivalent of a fart in the wind. The same applies to the rest of Ash's companions. That's just how this show works.

She's been foreshadowed to leave in the near future anyway since Palermo offered to tutor Serena once her Kalos journey is over, hence why I don't see why she'd even need a new Pokemon that we'd barely get to know. >_>

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    The burgmite would be a great addition, but it is also coming up to the league, so I would see an old pokemon coming back... possibly Ash's Charizard or Glalie since both of those can mega if he gets the stones.

I do hope that he wins the league and there to be a reboot.. There can always be reappearance of characters ( maybe aged.. since that really doesn't happen)

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Bergmite is still the Pokemon I'd like to see Ash get for his sixth. Seeing that it hasn't appeared at all yet gives me some hope but not a lot. We'll just have to see. He cause Gible just a little before the league so I don't see why he still can't catch Bergmite or some other Pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yeah Bergmite might still be the pokemon. Pokemon Village, similar to Bulbasaur.
    It still looked like that Wulfric was in a forest with a lot of snow, and we haven't seen Articuno yet.

So manybe instead of a pokemon evolving in a fight against Articuno, Ash could catch one. I don't think they would show just Moltres and Zapdos, although Articuno I think has had the most screen time in the anime.

Also, I still see Serena's Braxien Evolving. Combusken evolved in the like second to last episode with her as a main character.

Edit:

Well, it appear that Goodra is coming back, at least for an episode. Episode 926: Find Carbink! Goodra and Dedenne!!

It also appears that Ash was beat by Wulfric and is now going to battle Mega Abomasnow. Episode 925: Ash-Greninja VS Mega Abomasnow! The Giant Water Shuriken Triggers!!
    Unless the episode is someone else's Abomasnow, but I don't see it being, unless it is Tierno's or another rivals.

Last edited:
    Back