• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Street Fighter V

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Let's discuss the wonderful Street Fighter V.

I'll begin by announcing the amazing revamped appearance of Ken Masters in SFV.

Street Fighter V

The look has gotten mixed reviews from fans. You either love it or you feel eh. I personally love the new design and from what we've seen in the announcement trailer, he is no longer a Ryu clone. He looks amazing but the hair definitely needs some work (looks too clay-like). Thoughts?

Oh and he reminds me of Chris Jericho now.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Ken's design looks fine in the official art but his model is baaaad. Needs touching up.

Personally more excited for the New Zealand newcomer that got teased. Hoping we get to see him in EVO. Might have some Rugby influence in his moveset.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Banana Ken!

He's still a good ol' shoto. Just that he now has a weird Tatsumaki angle, a divekick that is also his EX Tatsumaki, and a command run. His command run doesn't seem to be good as El Fuerte (so no looping Stand Fierce -> Command Run x4), but it can definitely throw off people since it has a fast start-up, so you'll have to look out for this particular string Jabs -> Command Run -> Grab/More Jab pressure.

Arc

Years
  • MOBA style for unlocking new characters? I'm fine with that. As long as we can bet our fight money, that will be incredible.

Arc

Years
  • Going for the double post. But it has some substance to it.

New character announced during EVO USFIV Top 8. Hello, Wolverine. Anyways, Necalli seems to be a very offensive character. Seismo-like pounds. Command grabs. Divekicks. Uppercuts. Super Saiyan And even, Berserker Barrage. Jesus, this guy is packing a lot of tools. His V-Reversal just seems to be a standard counter, V-Trigger doesn't seem to give any noticeable cues aside from being more brutal? Very interesting character indeed.

While on the topic of Street Fighter. Evo 2015 Top 8 has been one of the best matches I've seen for Street Fighter in history. Infiltration vs Momochi. Gamerbee vs Infiltration. Gamerbee vs Momochi. I... can't even imagine the amount of pressure and tension that was in the ballroom for all of these sets, especially Gamerbee vs Infiltration; this was such a true showing of the pure fundamentals and patience of both players. Infiltration must have been demoralized every time he saw Gamerbee go for that Healing. That match was the literal definition of the grind, I don't even think there is a tournament set even longer than what we witnessed.

Gamerbee vs Momochi was not on the same level, but it definitely showed the mental fortitude of Gamerbee. He went straight from a mentally exhausting set against Infiltration to fighting Momochi. My god, I thought Gamerbee was done, there was no way he can surmount the effort of beating Momochi from losers. But, he reset the bracket! He clawed his way in each game while still being on point. It even went to 2-2! Despite the critical mishap (shoutouts to Razer) that happened in the last game, it was still a impressive damn set. Even with all that though, Momochi still won.

Spoiler:

GODDAMMIT. I WANTED BRUCE TO WIN. At least he has Capcom Cup to look forward to.
    Seeing James and Seth tearing up at the end
    Street Fighter V

Years
  • Spoiler:

Not sure how I feel about the new character. Seems cool, but we don't need Ogre: SF Edition unless they had no intention of bringing Akuma.

Buuuuut on the other hand, new character who brings fresh stuff to the table. So that's cool.

I just want Karin, goddammit.

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • All of models in the game look weird, so far. I don't know, their faces just look really strange. Definitely could use some touching up. Also:

Spoiler:

But in all seriousness, this game has the potential to be really great. So far the graphics look sweet, except for the character's faces, the gameplay looks fast and combo-heavy, which is exactly what Street Fighter is all about, and the characters announced so far are...surprising. Can't say I ever expected to see Nash or Birdie again, but whatever. They look great to play as and I'm super excited :3

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Game doesn't look combo-heavy at all, and thank god for that. None of the SF4 nonsense.

The models are fantastic. Only faces that are off imo are Cammy and Ken.

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • Game doesn't look combo-heavy at all, and thank god for that. None of the SF4 nonsense.

The models are fantastic. Only faces that are off imo are Cammy and Ken.

I didn't mean incredibly combo-heavy, but there are enough combos that have been shown off so far that makes it feel like a Street Fighter game.

In my opinion, the faces on the models, so far, look strange. Not just Cammy and Ken, but everyone except for Necalli.

EDIT: There was a veteran character announced for the game a couple of hours ago, Vega!

Personally, I like his outfit and I think he looks a ton of fun to play. Unfortunately, it's the whole problem I have with the face. I can't explain it, his face just looks weird... Either way, I'm quite excited to see him make a return! Fingers crossed for Akuma, though.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • With Vega back, that means Balrog will also return, because one cannot be in a Street Fighter roster without the other. Unfortunately, that would also mean slots for other fan favorites and newcomers has become more limited, as I heard the initial roster is suppose to have 16 fighters in total, and we currently have 9 fighters confirmed, leaving only 7 characters left (6 assuming Balrog is also back as mentioned before).

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • I wouldn't be too worried about that, considering DLC is almost guaranteed, considering this game is coming from Cashcom. I hope there's DLC, because there are a lot more than six characters that I want to come back in SFV (Akuma, Gouken, Dan Hibiki, Blanka, Juri, Karin, Urien, Adon, Sagat etc.) and it will be hugely disappointing if there isn't DLC.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Ah I new it looked familiar.

Street Fighter V

Anywho, at least Capcom guaranteed that we'll be getting more and more characters after the release date (DLC which we can unlock in-game without having to pay for it with real money). So it's not a big loss.

Years
  • All I know is that they better not commit to that idea of him not being charge anymore or I'mma catch Combofiend out in traffic. >_>

Back