• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm really stressed.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    yeah i need some help.

what do you guys do for stress management?

Years
  • Get away from the computer, go find some music to listen to (I have a good ambient music station that I like because I know it tends to help my moods), and then just...go find something to occupy the time. Reading a book, playing a game, even messing around on my tablet, anything like that. Although for higher stress levels, the biggest thing is just to get away from all electronics, go outside, take a nice long walk, just go somewhere to be able to collect myself. Repeat as necessary.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Bae, go get you some Taco Bell, turn your phone off and watch some awesome movies, then sleep on it. ;(

hhh i'm not supposed to be eating Taco Bell right now tho. trying so hard to not be an unhealthy blob. ;;

... but god if that doesn't all sound tempting.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i got beat to the taco bell punch but that's literally what i do when i'm stressed, i convince myself that i deserve taco bell for all i'm putting up with and off i go with my dollar bills lol

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i got beat to the taco bell punch but that's literally what i do when i'm stressed, i convince myself that i deserve taco bell for all i'm putting up with and off i go with my dollar bills lol

you guys are making a seriously convincing argument here.

NOooo not my dieeeet. i can feel it slipping away as we speak. D;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • NO DON'T GO i'm on a diet too we gotta be strong

but if you're gonna go, there's always the fresco and cantina stuff

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    NO DON'T GO i'm on a diet too we gotta be strong

but if you're gonna go, there's always the fresco and cantina stuff

HEALTHY EATING GODZILLA TO THE RESCUE.

tumblr_mztoxu4o2r1rkk59qo1_400.gif

i'll just be over here thinking about nacho cheese don't mind me

Years
  • I hear a stress ball helps if you have one you can squeeze it to your hearts content or just turn off the lights and laydown focus your breathing it'll relax you which will un-stress you.

Years
  • I force myself to have fun (like by watching funny and/or cute shows or playing video games that I really enjoy) and generally be lazy and/or sleep.

Alternatively curl up with a light-hearted book.

Also, I listen to music I like, be it hyper-happy or ultra-aggressive.

Basically, just any of my normal unwind and relax methods.

On top of that, attempting mentally to reduce the number of ****s given about the stressful things until the stress is back to more manageable levels also helps (such as thinking "**** IT THIS IS MY NEW TEMPORARY NORMAL LET'S DO WHAT I CAN ABOUT THIS"). But that also is probably something not everyone can do, and I know it doesn't work every time for me.

Beating the **** out of a stress ball works pretty well for me sometimes, too. As does bouncing basketballs as hard as I can off of walls at the gym.

Oh, and walking sometimes works as a way to clear my mind.

Syd's idea about drenching broccoli in nacho cheese dip is also a pretty okay sounding idea.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    solution: you go buy the nacho cheese from taco bell and put it on broccoli
    That sounds amazing. I'd probably try it on mashed cauliflower though.

When I'm stressed, I either go for a run, play basketball, or do some writing. Just anything constructive to get out the anger inside of me.

I would not recommend doing what I used to do: punch walls.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    If not playing video games I enjoy or watching shows or movies I like, shadow boxing or general exercising does it for me.

Punching bags are great too, but only if I'm in the club heh.

Do not punch walls.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I just watched a whole bunch of disney movies and that made me calm down a bit. I'm also about to order a pizza because why not?

This is me when I'm emotionally stressed though, like right now.

For normal stress, I just sleep. I tend to sleep loads, I turn off the TV, and blast music while my neighbors complain.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'm screaming at the Taco Bell posts. It's actually so bad for my acid reflux, but I eat it anyways when I'm stressed. I was just thinking about it earlier!

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I'm screaming at the Taco Bell posts. It's actually so bad for my acid reflux, but I eat it anyways when I'm stressed. I was just thinking about it earlier!

so many of you eat Taco Bell when stressed.

i dunno if i should be beaming with pride or worrying about our health.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • For real though, I just kind of take some time alone. Head out somewhere new to explore, or I just walk. Walking usually gives me time to figure out why I am so stressed, and what I can do to stop it from getting to me.

Back