The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 7th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
•Make competitive easier to get into. I hope that Super Training won't be the only thing.

•Revisions of the type chart, similar to how Gen II revised it. Seriously, look at how many drastic changes they made, such as Bug/Poison used to be 4x against each other, but now they resist/neutral each other. I don't think burdening the Fairy type with fixing everything in the type chart would make sense. This is the perfect time to change the type chart again.

•I expect there to be a sequel with a separate plot and time-leap just like there was in BW2. Otherwise, I honestly would not buy XY and just for the Platinum-like 3rd version.

•Similar to how Team Plasma's goals degraded after the time-leap and they just became common crooks (with a more shallow plot in BW2), I hope the opposite will happen with Team Flare. They'll slowly build up some money as common crooks in XY, only to become a force to be reckoned with in the sequel. Either this or defeat Team Flare entirely to be replace with a Team synonym-Water in the sequel. Given Gamefreak's trend of writing villain groups with greater goals of being common crooks, it's hard to expect them not to be planning something.

I expect Sycamore to be bad guy! You always gotta be wary of the handsome ones... His friendliness in giving you a starter kinda debunks this expectation.

•I want there to be an auto-Running Shoes feature, just like in HGSS. Holding the B button gets tiresome.

•An in-game way to grow berries and obtain hidden abilities.

•Early game breeding.
Old September 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
•Make competitive easier to get into. I hope that Super Training won't be the only thing.

•Revisions of the type chart, similar to how Gen II revised it. Seriously, look at how many drastic changes they made, such as Bug/Poison used to be 4x against each other, but now they resist/neutral each other. I don't think burdening the Fairy type with fixing everything in the type chart would make sense. This is the perfect time to change the type chart again.

•I expect there to be a sequel with a separate plot and time-leap just like there was in BW2. Otherwise, I honestly would not buy XY and just for the Platinum-like 3rd version.

•Similar to how Team Plasma's goals degraded after the time-leap and they just became common crooks (with a more shallow plot in BW2), I hope the opposite will happen with Team Flare. They'll slowly build up some money as common crooks in XY, only to become a force to be reckoned with in the sequel. Either this or defeat Team Flare entirely to be replace with a Team synonym-Water in the sequel. Given Gamefreak's trend of writing villain groups with greater goals of being common crooks, it's hard to expect them not to be planning something.

I expect Sycamore to be bad guy! You always gotta be wary of the handsome ones... His friendliness in giving you a starter kinda debunks this expectation.

•I want there to be an auto-Running Shoes feature, just like in HGSS. Holding the B button gets tiresome.

•An in-game way to grow berries and obtain hidden abilities.

•Early game breeding.
Apparently now you press B for walking! That's convenient, but what will we need, walking shoes?
Old September 8th, 2013, 03:06 PM
jellotime91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeKangaroo View Post
Apparently now you press B for walking! That's convenient, but what will we need, walking shoes?
Analog for roller skates.

Analog + B for walking.

D-pad for walking.

D-pad + B for running.
Old September 8th, 2013, 03:18 PM
GeckoPutt

Nature: Calm
I have huge expectations for these games - and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not. Mainly because I don't want to be disappointed if there are certain things that I want that aren't there.

But anyway, I think that this game could quite possible be the best game in the entire series. The graphics are insane, the gameplay mechanics are incredible, and the new innovative features are brave and welcome. Everything that they've announced thus far is everything that I've wanted in these new games.
Old September 9th, 2013, 03:32 PM
oshawottlover13

im hoping for a scene like in emerald where rayquaza came while kyogre and groudon. i want a scene like that because the 3D in it will it totally freakin aweasome like ill be like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Old September 9th, 2013, 03:52 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'll love a scene like that. I enjoyed the Giratina scene in Pt and the Tao dragons scenes in BWB2W2 (RZ's awakening and Kyurem turning to it's formes)
Old September 9th, 2013, 04:01 PM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Icecold* View Post
Uh oh. I had another bad expectations.

French cliches. We'll have rude men with black and white stripes shirts and berets that eat cheese and walk poodles a.k.a Swirlexs.

That would make me very sad D:
That would be the ultimate evil team dun dun dun!
Old September 10th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
I'm hoping for a story on par with the Unova games. Something that is both emotional and personal as well as huge and epic. I feel like storytelling is getting more and more important in the main pokémon games for every generation. Definitely a good path for GameFreak to take.

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General

Old September 10th, 2013, 03:05 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm expecting one of the water starters MegaEvolutions to have Drizzle. I'm guessing Swampert right now but it could also fit Feraligatr or even Empeleon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links