• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Rate My Team

Field-no-Hakaishin

Victory must be absolute
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2010
    I'm sure you guys mustve seen many of these threads already! Heres my team. It isn't great for online battling I guess but its the best I could come up with the pokemon I have...

Rhyperior (Leftovers)
    Ability: Solid Rock
    EVs: 252 HP/ 80 Atk/ 176 Def
    Nature: Adamant Nature

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Substitute
    Avalanche

Designed to be a sweeper/wall. Set up Substitute since Rhyperior has a bulky defence I guess, two STABs, and Avalanche for the odd few pokemon. Sometimes partnered with Tyranitar (for Sandstorm) to increase defence.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Forretress (Bug)(Steel) Iron Ball
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 SDef/ 4HP
    Ability(s): Sturdy
    Nature: Sassy

Stealth Rock
    Gyro Ball
    Explosion
    Earthquake

Speed isn't necessary in this setup since we have Gyro Ball + Iron Ball, which could do a potential 150dmg. Stealth Rock for spiking, Earthquake for attacking and Explosion for suicide bombing.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Milotic
    Role: Tank
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Hold: Flame Orb
    EVs: 252 SpDef/ 158 SpAtk/ 100 HP
    Nature: Calm

Recover
    Water Pulse
    Hidden Power (Ground)
    Dragon Breath

Strategy: Flame Orb activates Marvel Scale for Tank (since the loss in attack isn't really necessary), and recovering ocassionally. The lack of Ice Beam against grass types isn't really compensated by anything I guess though.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Electrivire
    Role: Physical Sweeper
    Ability: Motor Drive
    Hold: Expert Belt
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    Nature: Adamant

Earthquake
    Cross Chop
    Ice Punch
    Thunderbolt

Strategy: Lure opponent into Electric Attack by switching out Milotic if necessary. 13/17 types covered.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Infernape
    Role: Swords Dance Sweeper
    Ability: Blaze
    Hold: Muscle Band
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly

Flare Blitz
    Close Combat
    Swords Dance
    Stone Edge

Strategy: Sword Dance boost attack, then FB+CC covers most pkmn, SE covering the leftout. Another setup some may have seen but very weak defensively and needs to be covered, probably more ideal in my double teams.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Salamence
    Role: Special Sweeper
    Ability: Intimidate
    Hold: Choice Specs
    EVs: 252 SpAtk/ 145 Spd/ 113 Atk
    Nature: Rash

Draco Meteor
    Hydro Pump
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower

Strategy: DM as Stab/finishing move, rest to cover up. Although Hydro Pump is its weak point and the lack of a more stable dragon type move I guess.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As you can see, the team is attacking orientated but can be finished rather quickly. The rest of my team consist of Sceptile, Tyranitar, Heracross and Gardevoir.

My double team is something like this:
    Snorlax (Body Slam, Earthquake, Belly Drum, Rest) and Metagross (Focus Sash) (Zen Headbutt, Psych Up, Meteror Mash, Hammer Arm)

The plan is to have Snorlax Belly Drum and then have Metagross use Psych Up to copy the maxed out attack (ofc, Metagross has EV in mostly its attack and speed). The only problem is its speed, but I can compensate that with a double team before that...

Ninjask (Protect, Sword Dance, Baton Pass, False Swipe) + Explosion pokemon.
    Have Ninjask use Protect the first turn, allowing it a free Speed Boost. During its next turn, use Swords Dance to double its Attack, if it's attacked, Focus Sash will help it survive. During the third turn, use one more Protect for one more Speed Boost whilst explosion pokemon explodes (Metagross comes on). Baton pass to Snorlax, who will use Belly Drum (might not be needed, I might replace Swords Dance with Agility but hey) and Metagross Psych. A long procedure though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another double team which I found was this one:
    Bronzong(Skill Swap, Light Screen, Explosion, Earthquake) and Jolteon (Light Screen, Discharge, Protect, Baton Pass)

Jolteon, is far from the best baton passer but it's not really required. Firstly, Skill Swap Bronzong's Levitate and Jolt's Volt Absorb. Jolteon uses Protect/Light Screen. Next, Bronzong uses light screens and Jolteon uses Discharge on Bronzong. Then explode Bronzong, and use Protect on Jolteon.

That's it really, your advice will be well appreciated.

Last edited:

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
  • I
    Rhyperior (Leftovers)
    EVs: 136 HP/ 244 Atk/ 128 Speed

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Substitute / Stealth Rock
    Megahorn

Avalance is useless - Megahorn is a lot more useless overall in the long haul. Also, Substitute could be replaced with Stealth Rock and probably would be more useful together.
    Forretress (Bug)(Steel) Leftovers
    EVs: 112 Atk/ 144 Def/ 252HP
    Nature: Relaxed

Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    Payback
    Earthquake / Explosion

If you are going to use Forretress, it should be used as a minor stall or something like that. This Forretress is not worth it and I would prefer if it was gone.
    Milotic
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Hold: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Def/ 8 Speed/ 248 HP
    Nature: Bold

Recover
    Surf
    Hidden Power (Grass)
    Toxic

I think that Milotic is probably one of the best Pokémon on the team. However, Surf > Water Pulse and Toxic > Dragonbreath. Also, Hidden Power Grass is better than Ground because others can take Electric, Grass is more important. Also, your EV's are all wrong.
    Electrivire
    Hold: Expert Belt

Earthquake
    Cross Chop
    Ice Punch
    Thunderpunch

This is definately your best Pokémon. The only problem was Thunderbolt, but now that it has Thunderpunch it is better.
    Infernape
    Role: Swords Dance Sweeper
    Ability: Blaze
    Hold: Life Orb / Black Belt
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly

Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
    Close Combat
    Swords Dance
    Stone Edge / Mach Punch

Another great Pokémon you got here. However, a Black Belt or Life Orb would be a better choice. Fire Punch and Mach Punch could possibly replace the originals if you prefered.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Salamence
    Role: Special Sweeper
    Hold: Choice Specs
    EVs: 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Def

Draco Meteor
    Hydro Pump
    Dragon Pulse
    Flamethrower

I personally don't like your moveset, nor do I like the one i edited. The reason Dragon Pulse goes over Earthquake is that you already have Earthquake on Electivire and Dragon Pulse has better ACC than Draco Meteor, but it is still quite powerful. I would go for a better moveset, but this is a best I can think of.
    Comments in Bold. Hope I helped!

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Forry wants Shed Shell >> Iron Ball, so Magnezone doesn't poop on you.

Its EVs should be: 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Sp.Def, for maximum damage taking ability.

You might want to drop Explosion for Payback, so that Ghosts don't poop on you as well.

Leftovers is better than Flame Orb on Milotic, because:
    Smogon Analysis said:
    Flame Orb is marginally viable as an item for Milotic, as it provides a 50% increase in Defense and an immunity to status, but the loss of effectively 18% HP per turn (Leftovers recovery + burn damage) makes it a significantly worse item choice.
    You should also put Ice Beam over Dragon Breath, because it provides better overall coverage.

Adamant is a bad nature for E-Vire with Thunderbolt, give it Thunderpunch or rebreed it for a Naive/Hasty nature and change its EV spread to this: 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe.

Infernape really wants a Life Orb and Overheat/Fire Blast instead of Flare Blitz, and I would suggest rebreeding for a Naive nature, if not go Overheat over Flare Blitz.

SpecsMence is pretty bad, because it gets raped by the abundance of Stealth Rock (giving you a max of 4 switch ins).

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Naive Nature (although I guess Rash could work since it doesn't hinder your Attack stat)
    16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Draco Meteor
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw

thats the New MixMence set which works really well for not getting walled by Skarmory.

Hope my suggestions helped.

Also, sorry but I know absolutely nothing about double battles. =(

Field-no-Hakaishin

Victory must be absolute
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2010
    Thanks for your suggestions.

Rhyperior
    The only reason why I put Avalanche is because I expect some pokemon to be faster than Rhyperior, and Avalanche will double to 120 if he gets hit on the same turn. I have Megahorn on Heracross anyways.

Forretress

I'm not overly concerned over this pokemon as I can easily use him as part of my double team for Explosion...

Milotic
    It depends on your choices really. The confusion water pulse has can be a life saver at times but I guess you do sacrifice a lot of attack...but then Milotic is no good at double battle since Surf hits everyone (but I guess this isn't one for doubles) I've also been thinking about replacing Dragonbreath with Ice Beam (which I'll probably do) but paralysis can be helpful. As for Hidden Power Ground, it can help her take out electric types without switching over and some other pokemon. Whether or not the Evs should go into defence is debatable and the flame orb - I mean the burn status will help increase Milotics defence to about 120ish and with its special defence being 125, its pretty good. The loss in HP can be compensated by Recover but I'm not too concerned about the Burn status. Is there really any need for Hidden Power Grass to take out Ground, Rock and Water (hence dragonbreath but...). Couldn't you have Calm for the S.Def boost and Evs into defence and HP if I want both fo be rather high?

Electrivire
    Glad this one mainly worked out.

Infernape

I did consider having a Life Orb but hear me out - since Infernape is defensive fragile, it's mainly used as a quick sweeper. That 10% loss of Hp would kinda hurt a bit =S. If I want the life orb, I guess the best thing to do is to have Naive+Overheat instead of Flare Blitz. If I used a life orb, how about Adamant (because Naive means loss of Special def, and like it isnt bad enough already), Fire Punch, Close Combat, Swords Dance and Stone Edge (Mach punch is a bit too weak for me)

Salamence

Overall, I guess its a decent setup we could come up with so thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Changes are in bold
    I'm sure you guys mustve seen many of these threads already! Heres my team. It isn't great for online battling I guess but its the best I could come up with the pokemon I have...

Rhyperior (Leftovers)
    EVs: 252 HP/ 80 Atk/ 176 Def

Earthquake
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    Substitute/Protect
    Stealth Rock

Designed to be a sweeper/wall. Set up Substitute since Rhyperior has a bulky defence I guess, two STABs, and Avalanche for the odd few pokemon. Sometimes partnered with Tyranitar (for Sandstorm) to increase defence.
    Rypherior makes a great lead with his many resistances, however his 4x weakness to water and grass make his lead ability fall slightly. You should try and get rocks on the switch unless you're not sure what to do, if you're not sure you should Protect, it will help you scout for SE moves. Rock Slide is also optional as stone edge has a bad tendency to miss when necessary.
    Forretress (Bug)(Steel) Shed Shell
    EVs: 252 HP/ 212 SDef/ 44Atk
    Nature: Sassy/Relaxed

Rapid Spin
    Spikes
    Explosion/Payback
    Toxic Spikes

Speed isn't necessary in this setup since we have Gyro Ball + Iron Ball, which could do a potential 150dmg. Stealth Rock for spiking, Earthquake for attacking and Explosion for suicide bombing.
    Forretress was never cut out to be a physical attacker. I suggest changing him to complete support. You try and set up hazards as soon as possible, you then explode when you're no longer necessary, payback is optional if you wish to harm ghosts that switch in to stop your spin. Relaxed will also help you more if you're looking for a specially defensive wall. Forretress should ALWAYS have 252 Hp to increase its lifespan.
    Swampert
    Ability: Torrent
    Hold: Leftovers
    EVs: 160Hp/ 92 Atk/ 200 Def/ 58 Def
    Nature: Impish

Rest
    Earthquake
    Avalanche
    Waterfall/Sleep Talk

Strategy: Ive completely removed Milotic as it wasn't doing much outside absorbing status effects. This set lets you counter Latios, Jirachi(to some extent) and Salamence. It's pretty self explanatory, you absorb status or come in on something that you can hit hard against and start hitting and tanking to the best of your ability(which is pretty damn good). Watch out for leaf and psychic types though. Most carry energy ball.

Electrivire
    Hold: Expert Belt/Shuca Berry

Earthquake
    Cross Chop
    Ice Punch
    Thunderpunch

Strategy: Lure opponent into Electric Attack. 13/17 types covered. 252 Atk+Adamant and thunderbolt - What were you thinking? Anyway, the shuca berry might help you take and EQ from salamence and Gyarados and OHKO back with ice/thunder punch.
    Mismagius
    Role: Scarfer/Special sweeper
    Ability: Levitate
    Hold: Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    Nature: Modest

Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power Ice
    Trick
    Thunderbolt

Strategy: This cuts out many of the common counters your team suffers from - Gengar, DD Salamence, DD Gyarados, Blissey(Cripple with scarf). Gengar - You come as one of your pokemon faints and OHKO with shadow ball. Gyara/Mence - Come in on DD and OHKO with icebeam/thunderbolt. Nothing apart from Magnezone can resist all of these attacks.

Salamence
    Role: Mixed Sweeper
    Hold: Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SpAtk/ 80 HP/ 176 Spe

Draco Meteor
    Brick Break
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Strategy: DM as Stab/finishing move, rest to cover up. Although Hydro Pump is its weak point and the lack of a more stable dragon type move I guess.Brick Break hits Blissey who comes in to take the Meteor, EQ provides coverage and Flamethrower hits stell types hard.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's it really, your advice will be well appreciated.

You still need to check other common OU pkmn like SD Luke, Latios, Scizor and Tyranitar. As you can see I've replaced 2 of the pokemon, If you need any help getting these drop me a pm. Overall it's not a bad team that just needs a little polishing

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    If you're using physical vire please use this less horrible set lol.

466.png
    @ Life Orb
    252 Att / 252 Speed / 6 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Meditate / Screech
    - ThunderPunch
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake

-2 (Screech) Ice Punch with Spikes up OHKO's Hippowdon and it also guarantee's a 2HKO on the Rotoms with Ice Punch. Though Meditate is prolly better if you want the guaranteed stat boost.

Also btw, if you're using Spikes you defiantly want a Rapid Spin blocker so it really look to include one here.

Back