• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More dialogue options in games?

véronique

Shiroshipping, FTW!
Years
  • One game I'm really looking forward to is Firewatch by Campo Santo. If you aren't aware of it, IGN posted a video of 17 minutes of Firewatch gameplay on YouTube. It does contain some... mature discussions, and I'm not sure if that would break the rules here but I'm not doing it. Then again, Pokémon Outlaw is posted here and Firewatch is much more tame than that, so I probably won't get into too much trouble posting it. Having said that...

So, I'd like to see some dialogue options like you'd see in Firewatch in custom games. It'd be nice to have more ways to interact with the world (not to mention your rival), leading to different conclusions or different events towards the end of the game or even in the aftergame.

What do you think?

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2018
    how about a dialog system close to the one used in the old lucasarts games (monkey island, day of the tentacle, indiana jones etc)...
    that would be something nice and completely new!
    i mean, think of all the funny dialog you could add using this xD

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
    Years
  • It's possible to have events triggered in ROM hacks using flags, but a lot of hackers shy away from it mainly because it's such a time-consuming feature. Although, it would give hacks a lot more "replayability"...

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I do this in Mirage of Tales (hence the name) and lots of hackers have too =) not difficult, but lots of work!

Back