• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Tower Blaze: A DungeonCrawler, with a sprinkle of MonsterCatcher

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    ad2ce1f909.png

Download Current Alpha: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fniegoormp7wr9w/TowerBlazeUpdate4.1.zip?dl=0

Welcome! This is a little game I've been working on, which is a continuation of a project I submitted to my computer science class a while ago. The game is essentially a dungeon-crawler at its heart, becoming gruelingly difficult the longer you progress. Currently, there is no story, so it's basically a "Do whatever you want" alpha. You can choose to climb the tower, recruit monsters, goof around, etc. There is no limit on the time either, so just have fun seeing how high you can go without dieing!

Of course, this isn't really a good description of what it is, so here's a very quick video to demonstrate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u83JKVsR7DI

To play, all you simple need to do is choose a class, and walk to the top right of town. There, you will see a portal that will get you started with the dungeon.

eBiDl.gif
    ScreenShots
    Spoiler:

23fead7de3.gif
    Story:
    Spoiler:

5c45639df8.gif
    Plot:
    Spoiler:

5b305ff4b9.gif
    But how does it relate to monster-catching?
    Spoiler:

ba6f5cac11.gif
    Other Features
    Spoiler:

77bd347d81.gif
    Options
    Spoiler:

eLdnF.gif
    Bugs
    Spoiler:

And thanks for reading! It'd be great if I could get some feedback, most noticeably concerning the difficulty of the game!
    3e2fcbe907.gif

Some of the graphics tiles and music are not owned by me.
    The music for the first 10 floors and the select screen were made by a friend of mine!
    Everything else was completely made from scratch.

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • This game seems pretty cool, I would like to see more of it. Can we see a video of it? It would give us a better idea of what the game is like.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Maybe I should make the links a different color...

There's a video link near the top :P
    Here it is again just for convenience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u83JKVsR7DI

And thanks! It's taken me about 2 months for what I have right now :D

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Update 2 is finally finished. This update brings about an item system, complete with a new gui.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/d4j83upt5lqumzj/TowerBlazeUpdate2.zip

Fighting
    - Monsters, both contracted and wild, have slightly less health.
    - Contracted monsters will deal more damage.
    - Contracted monsters will have levels scaled on the floor they are on. Higher floors will have them deal more damage as opposed to the same monster at lower floors.
    - When attacked, the one being attacked will launch backwards relative to the attacker.
    - Ranged classes have a slightly faster attack speed, but weaker damage.
    - Melee classes have a slightly longer attack range.
    - Weapons will graphically change depending on what weapon tier it is.
    - Mimics can actually be contracted, but the chance is so tiny there is barely any point to do so.

Exploration
    - Dark Water now slows down the player when in Aqualogica.
    - The treasure chest spawning algorithm has been adjusted, allowing better rewards at higher floors.

Items
    - Use Shift to open up your inventory. When hovering over an item, players can use their Attack Button to use it. Items can be tossed by pressing the End Key.
    - There are now a whopping 64 weapons to pick up and find, which are tiered by the amount of stars it possesses. Currently, equipping a weapon will overwrite the one currently equipped, making the player lose their old one.
    --Weapons have a color coded outline to distinguish the type of weapon it is: Red is for Melee, Blue is for Magic, Green is for Ranged, and Yellow is for Support.
    - Potions can now be collected through chests. Red Potions heal health, while blue potions heal mana.
    - A rare item that can be collected is called the "Fox Fire", allowing the players to teleport back to town without any penalty.
    - Along with the Heal Chest, there are new chests that players can find while exploring.
    --Red Chests give out an assortment of weapons.
    --Blue Chests give out Potions.
    --Yellow Chests give out Gold.
    --Heal Chests are now colored Green.

Fixed Bugs
    - Monsters no longer stick into each other
    - Walking Armor no longer explodes

Current Bugs
    - Since the Item Screen is new, expect problems.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Downloading. Looks pretty good and I love the art style.

Thanks! I've attuned to that style after I felt lazy to make them more "professional" looking. This was the style it was originally:
    Spoiler:

Anyway, I've updated with some more gimmicks, and a focus on balance!

Download V3 --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/olehsjmngv2ylk0/TowerBlazeUpdate3.zip?dl=0

Changes!

Dungeons:
    • Monsters will now only spawn if there are no more than 20 within the room.
    • Monsters will now only spawn in groups of up to 5.
    • Upped the rate for rarer weapons to spawn. This rate increases when at higher floors.
    • Removed Snow and Sky dungeons, as they were incomplete. Instead, everything after the floor 30 will be a "technical" dungeon, called "White Space". White Space will only spawn one type of monster, aptly named "Error" that is unique: Its stats will always be randomized.
    • Fixed a bug where boulders in Terralogica weren't breaking, leading to floors being unbeatable.
    • Fixed a bug where Puddle Fiends weren't flooding the floor properly.

Players/Monsters
    • Players have reworked stats, which total to 600 total points.
    • Melee classes now display a graphic to determine where their attack actually lands.
    • The Tome weapon can now be used. Its attack spawns a large spinning wheel, which grows larger the farther it goes.
    • The Star weapon now changes its graphic to match its weapon rank.
    • The Whip weapon has been nerfed. Instead of hitting multiple enemies at once, it will now retract towards the user after hitting one enemy.
    • Wild Monsters now scale their levels based on the floor. The highest level they can naturally be is 60.
    • Tamed Monsters are now always 5-10 levels higher than their wild counterparts. They also do not level, but instead have stats being based on the floor number.
    • Tames Monsters will now have a GUI depicting their Health and Mana.

Other:
    • Made the titlescreen super snazzy!
    • Added a screen that shows information, such as controls.
    • Updated a bit of graphics.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Wow, I love your art style! Not the biggest fan of the trees, but the characters look great.
    I'll have to try this soon.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • What a cool artstyle.

Although it's early on, you got the skeleton for a really great game.
    Trees could do with a touchup, but I assume you're focusing on mechanics right now rather than the graphics.

keep it up!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Wow, I love your art style! Not the biggest fan of the trees, but the characters look great.
    I'll have to try this soon.

What a cool artstyle.

Although it's early on, you got the skeleton for a really great game.
    Trees could do with a touchup, but I assume you're focusing on mechanics right now rather than the graphics.

keep it up!

Thank you both! I've been getting quite a few complaints about the trees, so I'll see what I can do about it. Also, by the trees needing a touch-up, are you talking about the sprite itself, or the way it was rendered? The current sprite is a placeholder sprite from Black and White, just for referece ;)

Also, I might as well add in the current version I have available, which was skipped here twice ;P
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fniegoormp7wr9w/TowerBlazeUpdate4.1.zip?dl=0

I'll only post the most notable changes:
    Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Back